Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down Man arrested for having '2 extra bullets' in his sidearm's magazine.

Gregory Dean, Jr. was pulled over in New Lebanon, N.Y., Sunday for a light on his license plate being burnt out. But what began as a simple traffic stop ended up with Dean being arrested over two bullets in his registered firearm, which put him in violation of the stateís new law, the Journal News reported.

Last month, a provision in New Yorkís strict gun control laws went into effect, making it illegal to have more than seven rounds in a magazine unless said firearm was being used at a range or in a competition.

The state troopers saw a .40-caliber pistol on Deanís passenger side when they approached his window. Although it was lawfully possessed by Dean, they discovered nine bullets within the magazine, putting him two bullets over the seven-bullet max set by the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act.

Dean was arrested for this violation and charged with unlawful possession for the number of bullets in the ammunition feeding device and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation, according to the Journal News. Both are misdemeanor charges that went along with infractions he received regarding the light outage on his vehicle as well.

Dean was released with bail and has a court date set for later this month.

N.Y. Man Arrested for Gun Violation in NY ? His Offense? Two Extra Bullets | TheBlaze.com

It's nice to see how many cops are so willing and eager to arrest us peasant citizens for daring to carry more than 7 rounds in our firearms. I'll just bet my mortgage that the fascist cop in this story is a registered Democrat (DumboCrapper). SMFH.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Two words: Jury Nullification

Admittedly I was a little skeptical, since the article claimed the gun was visible (a no-no in many states). But apparently this was the case at least according to official reports.

https://www.nyspnews.com/article_dis...ticle_id=30582
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

I don't get the outrage! this law is far from being obscure or arcane, everyone who has a gun or interested in guns knows that this law was passed. the guy who was arrested was not in compliance with the law, the cop did his job and enforced the laws currently on the books. Regardless of anyone's opinions about this law, it is the law and until it is changed, revoked or overturned in court those who carry a weapon in NY will have to abide by the law.

Could be a good thing. Now there is an opportunity to get the law struck down as unconstitutional.

7. Just a thought……
    The LEO could justify taking the firearm from the party during the traffic stop for for the officer’s safety, but could it possibly be an unreasonable search for the LEO to unload each round and count them (I know most magazines allow you to see the number of rounds in them through the back or side, but let’s just say the magazine doesn’t have this).

Violation of the 2nd Amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I don't get the outrage! this law is far from being obscure or arcane, everyone who has a gun or interested in guns knows that this law was passed. the guy who was arrested was not in compliance with the law, the cop did his job and enforced the laws currently on the books. Regardless of anyone's opinions about this law, it is the law and until it is changed, revoked or overturned in court those who carry a weapon in NY will have to abide by the law.
    I disagree. An unconstitutional law is no law at all. Just sayin'.....
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

10. Man, this prove nothing but the law biding citizen have to do what the law said I guess this is where my XDs come in at as the gun to have.

The LEO had no reason to check the magazine unless there was suspicion of a crime. A LEO really doesn't need to remove the magazine to secure a firearm during a stop. He could simply set it on the roof of the car. 2nd and 4th Amendment violations.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast