Flint Police came to my house today and...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flint Police came to my house today and......

1. I can proudly say I open carry in my neighborhood an in town an haven't had anyone say anything

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    In his own damn front yard, you know, private property, his private property ..... oh hell no.

Also a quick check shows that MI is also an open carry state, so aside from he was in his own front yard, so what.
    Send the fool who complained over here in Vermont and they'll REALLY crap their pants!
    Open carry or concealed, no permit needed! Oh my god! All those backwards farmers carrying weapons openly!
    Heaven help us.

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Blog Entries
    I live about 15 minutes from flint. And yes for 1 Michigan is a open carry state. Also on your own property. It don't matter if your concealed and your shirt lifted. Because of the 2 reasons private property and OC state.

Blog Entries
    Also if your a cpl holder the gun don't have to be registered to you aslong as it is registered. However if it is not to you be sure your borrowed gun has the registration with it while in your possession. If it is registered to you aslong as it has been atleast 30 days then you don't have to carry the registration

6. If by chance a LE showed up and while I was on MY land said anything like that to me I would have asked do you have a warrant if not go away.

In Texas we can open carry on our property and when I go to the mailbox I cover it up and conceal carry. No problems but I am out of the city limits and everyone here has guns.

It's Flint, not like a lot of places. That the PD showed up at all is surprising. Not surprised that they took a gun call seriously (once they decided to send someone).

My yard my rules, carry all the time in my yard, I would have ask for the name of the person filing the complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
    It's Flint, not like a lot of places. That the PD showed up at all is surprising. Not surprised that they took a gun call seriously (once they decided to send someone).
    I think that you've missed the point, in the man's back yard he can carry a gun as he pleases, as long as he is not threatening anyone he is not breaking any laws. The law breakers were the one's who claimed he was waiving the weapon around, filing a false police report is a crime in most places

+1 to this response to the OP. Any follow up on the false report?

I am in the midst of a similar issue at work because I my king tuk protrudes above my belt so it was apparently 'threatening,' though empty, to members of my department. Winter is over so I carry differently (no jacket now) but I still am going through the job counseling process for my threatening behavior. The person(s) I offended are anonymous, but my offense at the character smear is being ignored.

Do all the 'white hat' folks encounter these issues now days?

Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I think that you've missed the point, in the man's back yard he can carry a gun as he pleases, as long as he is not threatening anyone he is not breaking any laws. The law breakers were the one's who claimed he was waiving the weapon around, filing a false police report is a crime in most places
    ________

DRNurse1

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast