Flint Police came to my house today and...... - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Flint Police came to my house today and......

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Bwaaahahaa! where did you get that?
    Bought it from guy selling flags out of a roadside trailer.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

I love how all these "experts" start citing legal opinions. Other than the guy that posted from the applicable states CCW laws, take it with a grain of salt. As far as the hippie neighbor, I'm not so sure they have been shut down. All they may know is that they made the cops confront you and think they won. If you know who the neighbor is, I'd watch out for future "problems" with them... and maybe toss some of your spent cartridges in THEIR driveway just to see the fireworks

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    It's called "property rights." Get a fence and PRIVATE PROPERTY or NO TRESPASSING signs, they will stay across the fence. Your realism is a fear of someone else's fear, which is stupid.
    OK, so what you're saying is if someone reported you "waving your gun around", you really think that your PRIVATE PROPERTY and NO TRESPASSING signs are going to stop them at your fence? Now that's stupid.

I don't fear speaking my mind, OR exercising my rights, and I'm definitely NOT STUPID!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    We don't have to deal with any of it here in ARIZONA either. We have a message for all anti-gunners where I live...Attachment 9621
    HAHA that is awesome!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jrs View Post
    OK, so what you're saying is if someone reported you "waving your gun around", you really think that your PRIVATE PROPERTY and NO TRESPASSING signs are going to stop them at your fence? Now that's stupid.

I don't fear speaking my mind, OR exercising my rights, and I'm definitely NOT STUPID!!!
    can and does. add a closed and locked gate with visible motion sensors and a camera. They arent stupid. They would have to break it to investigate legal behavior, all on camera.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    I love how all these "experts" start citing legal opinions. Other than the guy that posted from the applicable states CCW laws, take it with a grain of salt. As far as the hippie neighbor, I'm not so sure they have been shut down. All they may know is that they made the cops confront you and think they won. If you know who the neighbor is, I'd watch out for future "problems" with them... and maybe toss some of your spent cartridges in THEIR driveway just to see the fireworks
    advocating harassment is not wise nor prudent

8. Flint Police came to my house today and......

This post wasn't about rights or case law. Christ, he just was saying it was a pleasant experience with the PD.
    I love the posts, "Not in MY yard" and "He wouldn't have touched my gun." Yes, the PD would have.
    He had a pleasant experience with GOOD cops doing their job on a firearm complaint.
    Sorry OP, but the "Armchair Tough Guys" took this thread out of hand. Thanks for sharing your pleasant experience.
    As far as the "Tough Guys" screaming about their rights, they would have had guns pointed at them. Imagine the next time they got pulled over for something after not cooperating........

^^^^ a good encounter, for a police state maybe.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Quote Originally Posted by dcmarky View Post
    Concealed means concealed. This could have gone way worse. Dress differently and do a bend over test before going outside . The life you save may well be yours.
    Ummm, did you read that he then went in and wore it open carry. The fact remains, he was doing yard work in his own yard when some butt-in-ski called the cops on him. Apparently, he's allowed to open carry as well in his state. The other neighbor should have been arrested for false testimony to a law enforcement official.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Glad you had a good encounter. You did everything to make a cop be at ease when they have a report with a man with a firearm. When they are at ease, things generally go more smoothly.

I also have to commend the cops for announcing why they were there. This let you be more at ease.

Problems arise when cops act poorly and the people they deal with act poorly. In this case, both sides acted professionally and there was a positive encounter with a LEO.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast