Flint Police came to my house today and...... - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Flint Police came to my house today and......

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Unfortunately Texas, in bigger cities, has a problem with even slightly printing according to family and friends still living there. This is not first hand info. If I'm wrong please correct me.
    it is statewide, I believe that TX law prohibits any printing, maybe the larger (liberal) cities have stricter enforcement but you need to be careful about concealment in TX

In my own yard in Texas I carry open all the time on ranch carry open all the time, and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    In my own yard in Texas I carry open all the time on ranch carry open all the time, and will continue to do so.
    Nightmare45 I like the way you think. It makes me miss Texas, my home state.
    Carry on Big guy!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Ok, for those of you who say "concealed means concealed" Trust me, I understand, and I always keep my weapon concealed, however, my weapon did show a little, which happens, and thankfully, in Michigan there is no record of anyone ever being charged with Brandishing a Firearm, MSP defines it as stated already, "displaying a firearm in a threatening manner with the intention to cause alarm" that is almost a direct quote the MSP officer gave me over the phone, and guess what, she even said she broke out the book for that definition. lol. Anyway, thank you all for your support, carry on and stay safe.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1221 View Post
    Also if your a cpl holder the gun don't have to be registered to you aslong as it is registered. However if it is not to you be sure your borrowed gun has the registration with it while in your possession. If it is registered to you aslong as it has been atleast 30 days then you don't have to carry the registration
    What kind of insane unconstitutional state requires you to have a "registration" much less carry it around?
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaKat View Post
    "He sure would not have touched my gun" Really? What would you have done? There were two other cops, with weapons already drawn, onsite. You think you're gonna dig your gun out from under your shirt, draw and fire before three cops can thoroughly aerate you?

Kinda sorta one of those keyboard cowboy sort of statements. In the real world, the OP did everything exactly right, especially with his 'kill them with kindness' mindset. The cops quickly and correctly assessed that the OP was fully legal and no threat to anyone. The system worked.
    Having your rights trampled by authorities in no way can be classified as "the system worked".
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    Ok, for those of you who say "concealed means concealed" Trust me, I understand, and I always keep my weapon concealed, however, my weapon did show a little, which happens, and thankfully, in Michigan there is no record of anyone ever being charged with Brandishing a Firearm, MSP defines it as stated already, "displaying a firearm in a threatening manner with the intention to cause alarm" that is almost a direct quote the MSP officer gave me over the phone, and guess what, she even said she broke out the book for that definition. lol. Anyway, thank you all for your support, carry on and stay safe.
    There actually have been a couple of incidents in Michigan in which overzealous officers have tried to charge someone with brandishing because of the accidental exposure of a concealed firearm. That's why the law was amended a few years ago to specifically address the issue of accidental exposure of a concealed firearm. Thankfully, none went to trial and charges were dropped.

ezkl2230 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Having your rights trampled by authorities in no way can be classified as "the system worked".
    How were his rights trampled? A nosy neighbor saw a firearm and reported it - overstating what actually happened in the process to insure that police had no choice but to respond. They responded to the complaint and found it to be baseless. Like it or not, and I am a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment and our right to carry (I carry myself), police can't simply tell someone who calls in with such a complaint, "Unless and until shots are fired at someone, we assume that anyone carrying a firearm is doing so legally." Based on the information they received from the complainant, someone was publicly waving a firearm around in a threatening manner (brandishing). Sorry, they have no choice but to make a polite inquiry at that point, which is exactly what they did. Now, I DO believe that if someone calls in and says that they observed someone with a clearly holstered pistol just walking around, but not threatening anyone in any way, the police have an obligation under those circumstances to remind the caller of our right to bear arms. As I said, the caller in this situation accused Itstjs of brandishing his firearm. Police have no choice to respond.

People who make unwarranted or lie as to the situation should be charged with the time and money the officer/s wasted on unwarranted calls. That would stop a lot of those kinds of calls. But that is just my opinion. YMMV
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    People who make unwarranted or lie as to the situation should be charged with the time and money the officer/s wasted on unwarranted calls. That would stop a lot of those kinds of calls. But that is just my opinion. YMMV
    Wishful thinking, but I totally agree with you.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast