Flint Police came to my house today and...... - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Flint Police came to my house today and......

Quote Originally Posted by joejinky View Post
    I would DEMAND to know who made the complaint, since it was blatantly obvious that they LIED about you "waving the gun around." I would file a complaint against the person, and I might even consider filing a lawsuit against them for defamation of character, which is what they did when they falsely stated that you were handling a gun ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY in an erratic and irrational manner. The cowardly liberal (aw, come on, you KNOW it was a liberal) that called in the complaint probably thought he could watch you get tazed from his kitchen window.
    If someone flagged down the LEO chances are there is no complainant on record. And you can't sue them anyway. How were you harmed? How do you quantify the damages in a monetary amount? What tort was committed against you? What is the close causal connection between the tort and damages? There's no suit there. There is also the possibility that the LEO said you were waving the gun to see what reaction he would get. LEO will mix it up a bit to get someone off balance.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Having your rights trampled by authorities in no way can be classified as "the system worked".
    No one's rights were trampled in the OP incident that I can see. He was asked a question. He could have been a wanker and told the LEO to get of his property though.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    There is also the possibility that the LEO said you were waving the gun to see what reaction he would get. LEO will mix it up a bit to get someone off balance.
    That's called in layman's terms, "L Y I N G". It's why you never talk to the police without benefit of counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    That's called in layman's terms, "L Y I N G". It's why you never talk to the police without benefit of counsel.
    Not trying to be an ***** here but have you ever carried a lawyer in your back pocket? Those b*t***s are heavy, besides Ive worked with LEOs enough to know how to speak to them and trust me, Im not heart broken someone made a false complaint. Not saying anyone here doesnt have pride, but I turned it around and stuck it in the complainants face by turning around and carrying it in the open. I feel I had the upper hand the whole time being totally compliant, polite and honest. I had nothing to hide, Im not afraid to bend a little bit, especially when the LEOs are just doing their job, theyve got families to feed too. I have the up most respect for them and their job. Ive delt with pricks in my line of work just as much as they have, maybe a little more, so I dont feel a legal counsel would have done me any good, and besides, you think myself or the cops are going to wait for me to call a lawyer? I think not, Id either end up in jail for obstruction or had my CPL taken for not following state law, I can see why people say never take advice from this forum, or from anyone online for that fact. Again, not trying to be an *********
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Actually, even in this post there have been some nuggets of wisdom. Remember, you still have to use your own judgment. Having the opportunity to get a variety of opinions gives you food for thought, but you still have to decide for yourself.
    -
    No one is worthless...they can at least serve as a bad example.

Highway mulching with intent to thatch in the second degree, first degree if armed whilst doing so.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by golocx4 View Post
    Highway mulching with intent to thatch in the second degree, first degree if armed whilst doing so.
    I can actually see that being a crime in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I think not, Id either end up in jail for obstruction or had my CPL taken for not following state law, I can see why people say never take advice from this forum, or from anyone online for that fact. Again, not trying to be an *********
    Refusing to speak to cops without benefit of counsel is NEVER "obstruction".

Speaking to cops without benefit of counsel is usually FOOLISH.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    What kind of insane unconstitutional state requires you to have a "registration" much less carry it around?
    One that would order police to kill you if you disagreed with their "policies."

11. Quote Originally Posted by dcmarky View Post
    Concealed means concealed. This could have gone way worse. Dress differently and do a bend over test before going outside . The life you save may well be yours.
    South Carolina law specifically states that concealed means under PLAIN wear of clothing. That means during normal movement. If I am trying to reach something on the top shelf or bend over to pick something up and it shows, that's not a violation of law. That being said, that only applies to out in public. In MY yard, I should be able to go shirtless with my gun and no questions asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast