Police target wrong house (again) and then kill veteran's dog. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police target wrong house (again) and then kill veteran's dog.

If true this guy will retire, with a lot of money and a new dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    If true this guy will retire, with a lot of money and a new dog.
    Yeah dog!!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Your dog, your house, would it just be a "screw up?" You can't unkill a dog.

And quite trying to claim nothing but victim. Many cops make the news for doing their job, mentioned on forums, and people care. Those are the good ones. These... were not.
    Killing a dog in the wrong house is definitely a screw up that needs repercussions. It is in no way acceptable.

However, my point is that police rarely make the news for helping someone out or making a difference, or just plain doing their job correctly. So I have to laugh at the negative stories that get posted because in most cases, those are the only stories that make the news and get discussed in forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Killing a dog in the wrong house is definitely a screw up that needs repercussions. It is in no way acceptable.

However, my point is that police rarely make the news for helping someone out or making a difference, or just plain doing their job correctly. So I have to laugh at the negative stories that get posted because in most cases, those are the only stories that make the news and get discussed in forums.
    99.99% of the population do their jobs well, helping others, and do not make the news. It seems though, especially lately, the police have been headliners a lot.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    These stories are so funny. Cop screws up, cop makes news, cop gets trashed on forums.

Cop does his job, cop doesnt make news, cop doesnt get mentioned on forums, nobody cares.
    Cook takes a bath in sink, cook makes news, cook gets trashed on tv, radio and internet.

Cook makes great dinner, cook doesn't make news, cook didn't even get a tip.

When you make your bed in the morning, do you look around for a pat on the back?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    99.99% of the population do their jobs well, helping others, and do not make the news. It seems though, especially lately, the police have been headliners a lot.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes?

I'm not arguing statistics in hiring, my head will explode. Just make sure you know your cops. In other words make sure your police are about upholding the constitution and not the orders of the administration or, you may find yourself firing upon them in the future. I post from time to time the good deeds that good cops do, when I can find them that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    They definitely get more attention than any other job, minus the president

ezkl2230 Guest
    In Grand Rapids, MI, we have a civilian oversight board that investigates incidents such as these.

And for what it's worth, if you're home when police hit the wrong house, the Michigan Supreme Court ruled that homeowners have the right to defend their home against unlawful entry by police using lethal force.

That was the exact opposite what the Indiana Supreme Court ruled. Thankfully, the General Assembly used statute to reverse the SC's error.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast