Police arrest mom after she requests to see a warrant (which they did not have). - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Police arrest mom after she requests to see a warrant (which they did not have).

Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    But.. it just cannot be true.. The Cops would NEVER do anything wrong.... where are all the badgefluffers? Maybe even they know that the cops screwed the pooch on this one?
    And yes, cops are human they do make mistakes on occasion. Don't you?
    -Austin

3. Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I agree she did the right thing and was fully within her rights. If you read the comments on the article though, her 11 year old son was accused of raping a 5 year old girl. Not that that changes her rights at all, but it does make me lack sympathy for her plight.
    If he's guilty, arrest him. If you believe he's guilty, arrest him.

When someone is to be arrested for suspicion of a crime they issue a >>>>>>>>Warrant

It was put into law so people couldn't have their RIGHTS taken away.

This is basic law. Every cop knows it, Every lawyer know it, every judge knows it, and every other person NEEDS to know it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Ok ill bite.

Police dont need a search warrent to pick someone up for questioning.
    Unless you are under arrest, police have no right to take you for questioning under any guise.

You cannot be picked up for questioning under the law. You can be asked, AND you should absolutely refuse. ALWAYS. If you don't know why you need to learn it.

Police do not need a warrent to place someone under invesitigative detention. They do need one to search for evidence.

Read the 4th ammendment to the constitution, I am too tired to copy and paste it for you here.

Whomever made the report and signed the affidavit against this young man gave the police probable cause to believe that a crime had been comitted and the jurisdiction to pick him up for questioning. Now being that he is a minor there is more at play here. His mother should lawyer up and the three of them should go to the PD and see whats up.
    -Austin

6. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Unless you are under arrest, police have no right to take you for questioning under any guise.

You cannot be picked up for questioning under the law. You can be asked, AND you should absolutely refuse. ALWAYS. If you don't know why you need to learn it.

Frijoli you are right on part of that statement however. You should never volunteer any information that can be used against you. Nothing you tell the police can help you, only hurt you. Thats why the miranada warning states it as such. I never talk to the police without an attorney, unless I am the one filing the report for some reason.
    -Austin

8. Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Police do not need a warrent to place someone under invesitigative detention. They do need one to search for evidence.

Read the 4th ammendment to the constitution, I am too tired to copy and paste it for you here.

Whomever made the report and signed the affidavit against this young man gave the police probable cause to believe that a crime had been comitted and the jurisdiction to pick him up for questioning. Now being that he is a minor there is more at play here. His mother should lawyer up and the three of them should go to the PD and see whats up.
    My point was they cannot TAKE anyone anywhere without proper paperwork. If you are removed from the area you are in, then you are in custody. I apologize if I didn't say that properly the first time. Either way you don't have to say anything, and you absolutely shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    First and foremost. These are two separate things. Two wrongs do not make a right. Period.

I hope if he's guilty of doing what he's accused of, that he gets the full punishment he deserves. But, do you know for sure that he is in fact guilty? No you don't, and neither do I. To arrest her, they had to falsely accuse her of something, so what's to say he's not falsely accused? Since when is an accusation, a guilty verdict? What happened to a trial first?
    Dumont, Nj. 1977, my 7 yo was accused of stealing a bike and painting it with a spray can, Orange, the color of my the corvette. Police came and asked to question him about that CRIME. I said he wasn't home and could I help them. They said they wanted to see and speak with him. No warrant no speakeey. It was later discovered that the painting, took place, that morning. My son, was at his Granny's house for a week, before the painting took place and had not been within 50 miles for that week. It turned out that the kid that owned the bike, did the deed hisself. His father beat his butt and the kid blamed my son, to get out of the punishment. Never let anyone- ANYONE- talk to you or yours about matters that could injure your future, with out a lawyer present, EVER!
    MICHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I've made a lot of mistakes... shooting a couple of women delivering newspapers for utterly no reason isn't one of them.

If I had made such a "mistake", I'd be sitting in prison with something like ten years to think about that "mistake". The cops in California who did that are on an extended PAID vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I've made a lot of mistakes... shooting a couple of women delivering newspapers for utterly no reason isn't one of them.

If I had made such a "mistake", I'd be sitting in prison with something like ten years to think about that "mistake". The cops in California who did that are on an extended PAID vacation.
    Now days everywhere you look there is a travesty of justice. It's a shame for sure! We all know it's a double standard, but what can we do? It is the way it is.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast