Police arrest mom after she requests to see a warrant (which they did not have). - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Police arrest mom after she requests to see a warrant (which they did not have).

If you ever get picked up for whatever reason, NEVER TALK to the cops! You can only hurt yourself, always lawyer up. If your filing a complaint talk all you want but be respectful you'll get farther that way.
    Last edited by gejoslin; 06-16-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: edited to make sense.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    Now days everywhere you look there is a travesty of justice. It's a shame for sure! We all know it's a double standard, but what can we do? It is the way it is.
    The most important thing you can do RIGHT NOW is to simply refuse to accept it.

Every time a cop or somebody else tries the "hard job", "you don't know because you're not a cop", "there are too many laws for cops to know" or "next time call a hppie" schtick, get right in their face and call BS. Leave them with NO doubt that you can't be lied to, and that they can't urinate on your back and tell you it's raining.

Bullies don't just want to win; they want to win AND be POPULAR for it.

If somebody wants to act like an hostile army of occupation, or like Quislings in support of one, TREAT them that way.

Don't let the deviants define deviancy down.

Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    I would appear that the police acted in a unprofessional manner in this situation if what this lady claims is the whole truthful story. However, there are two sides
    to every story.
    It is a fact that police in general have become more bold and with less accountability, who is the blame ? I say the citizens are, if we continue to allow this sort of
    behavior to continue unchecked, we have only ourselves to blame.

We have given the police the power they have today because we are tired of all the crime, and they took it and are running wild, why ? because we allow them to,
    it is time for every good citizen to write their elected officials and demand accountability, if not than stop complaining.
    I agree with you. We the people have become spineless. We have telemarketers call our homes asking for information and some of us give them information. We have people coming into our neighborhoods selling security systems; asking what type of system we have or does it have cameras or internet connection and some of us give out that information instead of telling them that is non of your business. Some times the little guy pushes back and we have to remind the police that they are law enforcement and not the law. Believe me when I say that those officer's and that department would be hearing from my attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by frijoli View Post
    My point was they cannot TAKE anyone anywhere without proper paperwork. If you are removed from the area you are in, then you are in custody. I apologize if I didn't say that properly the first time. Either way you don't have to say anything, and you absolutely shouldn't.
    I see what you're saying, but as Austin noted before, they don't need paperwork to affect an arrest if they have probable cause. Whether or not that was the case in this instance is unknown, but an arrest warrant isn't required to make an arrest. It never has been. If there's a dead body on the ground and witnesses point to you as the assailant, they don't wait to get a warrant before arresting you. That's the principle Austin was getting at. Another thing he hinted at but didn't really elaborate on was the fact that these stories often get reported to the media one way, only to be found later to have been something quite different from what was originally depicted. We don't know if that's the case here either, and the offered apology seems to indicate there was at least some wrongdoing. But having seen these stories change so many times in the past, it's hardly unreasonable to be somewhat suspicious when you've only heard one side of the story.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I agree she did the right thing and was fully within her rights. If you read the comments on the article though, her 11 year old son was accused of raping a 5 year old girl. Not that that changes her rights at all, but it does make me lack sympathy for her plight.
    when i was 11, the word "wood" made me laugh, but i had yet to experience the effects of puberty. i doubt he raped the girl. touched? maybe, but rape...no.

she should use that money to build a fence, put up cameras and an intercom. to keep out intruders and cops without warrants or probable cause. she should also make a sign that says "keep door closed." if you open the door, a special relationship exists and the cops will "protect" you.

Smells a bit strange ... the lady knew police was coming about something her son supposedly didn't do? Hmmm ... still no reason for the cops to arrest her, of course.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

To jcreek Accusations are not convictions!

9. the Mum says the charges are false in regard her son. Until THAT is sorted out, we have to take her word for it. In either case, cops with no warrant can NOT take him away, and arresting HER for merely asking to SEE the warrant is flat out wrong. Remember, there was very good reason for every one of those items listed in our Bill of rights... innocent until proven guilty, no warrant no arrest or even search. THAt is the law of this land. So now, whether the 11 year old is guilty of the alledged rape or otherwise, the COPS are guilty of false arrest, and attempting to arrest the son without a warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by tionico View Post
    the Mum says the charges are false in regard her son. Until THAT is sorted out, we have to take her word for it.
    We do, and so does the law. It's called the presumption of innocence, but that doesn't preclude an arrest. It never has.
    In either case, cops with no warrant can NOT take him away...
    As pointed out previously, that simply isn't true.
    ... and arresting HER for merely asking to SEE the warrant is flat out wrong.
    That would be true, assuming that's the way it really happened. I'm not totally convinced of that yet.
    Remember, there was very good reason for every one of those items listed in our Bill of rights... innocent until proven guilty, no warrant no arrest or even search. THAt is the law of this land.
    Hate to burst your bubble but that really isn't what the Bill of Rights says.
    So now, whether the 11 year old is guilty of the alledged rape or otherwise, the COPS are guilty of false arrest, and attempting to arrest the son without a warrant.
    Which isn't a crime. I know you mean well, and you have the very noble intention of wanting to prevent government intrusion on the rights of citizens. I applaud you for that. But I don't think you fully understand the legal and constitutional principles at play here. No warrant is required to arrest someone in this country. That has never been the case. And the Bill of Rights does not forbid the arrest of suspected criminals without a warrant. The Bill of Rights guarantees due process and protection against undue search and seizure. That doesn't mean warrants are required for all arrests or for all searches. It has never meant that, even in the founders' time.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

11. Quote Originally Posted by duke7595 View Post
    I would appear that the police acted in a unprofessional manner in this situation if what this lady claims is the whole truthful story. However, there are two sides to every story.

It is a fact that police in general have become more bold and with less accountability, who is the blame ? I say the citizens are, if we continue to allow this sort of behavior to continue unchecked, we have only ourselves to blame.

We have given the police the power they have today because we are tired of all the crime, and they took it and are running wild, why ? because we allow them to,
    it is time for every good citizen to write their elected officials and demand accountability, if not than stop complaining.

While I agree with your basic premise, there is a flaw in your logic. While we do indeed have to blame ourselves for not resisting power hungry government (at all levels), it is not true that we alone are to blame for the results. Governmental forces are required to know and obey the law in all its particulars. They are fully accountable for their own bad actions and their desire to gain more power.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast