Police arrest mom after she requests to see a warrant (which they did not have). - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Police arrest mom after she requests to see a warrant (which they did not have).

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I never heard anyone say they were hoaxes. Guess I don't frequent the same places you do. Even still, those eight officers would constitute a minute percentage of the overall total, just as I said. You judge the whole based on the actions of a few. I don't do that.
    Personally, I judge the potential of the whole on the actions of the umm....let's just say, less than the whole. I didn't see "a few" covering hundreds, maybe even thousands, of sq. miles doing illegal searches during the Dorner manhunt in So Cal last February. I saw the whole of county and city LE agencies from four different counties doing that.

I didn't see "a few" doing basically the same thing during the Boston Marathon bomber manhunt. I saw the whole of both local and federal LE agencies deployed to the area doing that.

When any LE personnel get away with paid vacations or other slap-on-the-wrist types of consequences for abusing their authorities, they all have the potential to follow suit with impunity, and many do.

I suppose we could quibble over the difference between "many" or a "few," but the only real difference between those who abuse and those who don't is their conscience, fealty to their oath, and loyalty to the Constitution. Without a credible threat of severe consequences for abusing their power, they have absolutely nothing to fear if/when they do, which means their potential to abuse is as wide open to them as it can possibly be.

I judge their potential to violate my rights, hurt or kill me, and it's that same judgment that makes me not trust people wearing gang colors or tattoos, whether they're the colors and tats of the Aryan Brotherhood or MS 13 or the Bloods or Cripps. Their potential to harm me is all the same.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    No warrant, no service. Get the hell off my property or face the consequences.
    I totally agree, in principle, however, from a practical stand point starting a firefight with the police is generally not good for the health.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by longslide10 View Post
    No warrant, no service. Get the hell off my property or face the consequences.
    I totally agree, in principle, however, from a practical stand point starting a firefight with the police is generally not good for the health.
    Really? I heard it cures cancer. And AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    It kills the cancer and aids. And you! lol But if you live thru it the state will treat you for free. Cancer, aids and gunshot wounds.
    I'll be here all week! Tip your waiters please.
    Have a safe and happy 4th y'all!
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

I never heard anyone say they were hoaxes. Guess I don't frequent the same places you do. Even still, those eight officers would constitute a minute percentage of the overall total, just as I said. You judge the whole based on the actions of a few. I don't do that.
    Then you don't "frequent" virtually EVERY mainstream news outlet and the department spokespeople feeding them... and their usual defenders... not to LOTS of people on firearms related message boards.

I recall people on various message boards calling Kathryn Johnston a wouldbe "cop killer" and "dope dealer" who've NEVER retracted those statements.

Those kinds of murders are NEVER one-offs. They arise out of an organizational CULTURE. THAT almost never changes.

I view self-associated groups of people based on the evidence of their behavior, not CONTRARY to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I suppose we could quibble over the difference between "many" or a "few," but the only real difference between those who abuse and those who don't is their conscience, fealty to their oath, and loyalty to the Constitution. Without a credible threat of severe consequences for abusing their power, they have absolutely nothing to fear if/when they do, which means their potential to abuse is as wide open to them as it can possibly be.
    More to the point, these things don't happen in a vacuum, and they don't happen just ONCE. They involve considerable numbers of people, over extended periods of time.

If the Chicago Police Department can neither DETECT nor prosecute a home invasion/burglary/kidnapping ring operating INSIDE it, why should anyone trust them? If the same thing happened inside of a particular Wendy's, no cop on EARTH would believe that co-workers didn't know. None of this passes the laugh test. Likewise the activities of the Atlanta and New Orleans PDs.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Personally, I judge the potential of the whole on the actions of the umm....let's just say, less than the whole. I didn't see "a few" covering hundreds, maybe even thousands, of sq. miles doing illegal searches during the Dorner manhunt in So Cal last February. I saw the whole of county and city LE agencies from four different counties doing that.....
    Remainder truncated for brevity.

Potential would be a different matter. Everyone has the potential, cop or not.

Deanimator's post that I was responding to was about murders, not searches. That does tie in well with another point you made though. Any person or group of people who commits a wrong without consequences has a higher potential to do it again. And by simple virtue of their position, cops are in a better position to cover their own tracks than other people are. As far as murders by cops go, that would still leave the overall number very low, but the same couldn't be said for illegal searches. Searches by the police are being challenged in court every day. It stands to reason that there would be many other illegal searches that never make it to court.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Then you don't "frequent" virtually EVERY mainstream news outlet and the department spokespeople feeding them... and their usual defenders... not to LOTS of people on firearms related message boards.
    Actually I do frequent some of them. I never saw one say those incidents were a hoax. Got a link?

And like I said, that still leaves the overall number very low, which was my original point. Just about everyone here knows you hate cops. It really isn't necessary or productive for you to go into attack mode whenever anyone who disagrees with you makes a comment supportive of them.

You do make one very valid point about the culture cops work in though. Because their job function so commonly allows them leeway to sidestep or disregard some legal restrictions that apply to the rest of us, there is indeed too often an attitude that laws just don't apply to them.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Actually I do frequent some of them. I never saw one say those incidents were a hoax. Got a link?
    The ENTIRE story of the NOPD was that the Danziger Bridge murders were a "hoax" as in totally justified. The mainstream media ran with that.

It was ONLY on NPR that I first heard a narrative which differed from that. Even AFTER the NPR (and others on a few other leftish outlets) story ran, the NOPD stuck to the "hoax" story. And the mainstream media stuck with that.

It was ONLY when the FBI investigation broke that the tissue of lies started blowing away.

From the Chicago PD organized torture operation to the Danziger Bridge these things INVARIABLY involve organized coverups.

At what point does it STOP being "a few bad apples"?

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    If that was supposed to be a witticism, it was a poor attempt.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast