Teen arrested over NRA t-shirt now facing jailtime for 'talking back' to the police. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teen arrested over NRA t-shirt now facing jailtime for 'talking back' to the police.

1. He's now facing a $500 fine and a maximum of one year in prison.

Here are all the phone numbers for the interested parties, please call them and voice your displeasure over what's happening to this young man.

Logan Police Department (West Virginia)Chief of Police, David White (304) 752-6535

Logan County School District Superintendent of Schools, Wilma Zigmond (304) 792-2060

Prosecuting Attorney Sabrina Deskins Amick (304) 792-8670

The 14-year-old kid arrested over his pro-NRA shirt now faces a year in jail
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

"As CBS affiliate WTRF reports, 14-year-old Jared Marcum now faces a $500 fine and a maximum of one year in prison."
    Our little guy was murdered some years ago. Nine-years-old, sexually molested, stabbed 22 times in the neck, chest and genitals. The perp, a fifteen-year-old, served 30 months. Upon his release he did it again to two six-year-old boys. You want to put this kid away for a year? For a shirt? I'd like to put the LEO and schools administration in jail. This country is screwed-up. We don't prosecute violent crime, we prosecute people exercising their first amendment right, as guaranteed by the bill of rights, and violated by progressive liberals who are destroying America. I'm sick of it. Sick to death. I think about our little guy every day. And I think about this scum who killed him, who attacked the other kids and, after 12 years, is back on the street. Disgusting country I'm living in. If my kid were arrested over this I would become their worst nightmare. I can fund a fight to the SCOTUS if necessary and would in this case. Some people have the cash and legal muster to turn the lights out in that school district. Bastards.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

4. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    "As CBS affiliate WTRF reports, 14-year-old Jared Marcum now faces a $500 fine and a maximum of one year in prison."
    Our little guy was murdered some years ago. Nine-years-old, sexually molested, stabbed 22 times in the neck, chest and genitals. The perp, a fifteen-year-old, served 30 months. Upon his release he did it again to two six-year-old boys. You want to put this kid away for a year? For a shirt? I'd like to put the LEO and schools administration in jail. This country is screwed-up. We don't prosecute violent crime, we prosecute people exercising their first amendment right, as guaranteed by the bill of rights, and violated by progressive liberals who are destroying America. I'm sick of it. Sick to death. I think about our little guy every day. And I think about this scum who killed him, who attacked the other kids and, after 12 years, is back on the street. Disgusting country I'm living in. If my kid were arrested over this I would become their worst nightmare. I can fund a fight to the SCOTUS if necessary and would in this case. Some people have the cash and legal muster to turn the lights out in that school district. Bastards.
    So sorry to hear this, being a parent myself I can only imagine the pain you are going through.
    An informed gun owner is an anti-gunners worst nightmare, stay informed at the American Gun Owners Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    So sorry to hear this, being a parent myself I can only imagine the pain you are going through.
    Thank you. It was a long time ago.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

6. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    You know what? Doesn't matter.

My younger brother was killed by a stoned driver 31 years ago. The prick crossed the double yellow and hit him head on (my brother was on a bicycle) and got a 'suspended license' .... after 31 years I still miss my little brother and wish that POS that killed him spent the rest of his life in jail (or worse).

I can't relate to losing a child (except seeing what my parents went through and now being a parent myself) but I can relate to loving some that close and as a parent I honestly have to say I have no idea what I would have done in your situation.

My sympathies ... I know some wounds never heal.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Yep.....It's 'political correctness' run amock!
    It's like a cancer that's slowly spreading and killing our freedoms imho.
    You are damn well right, Outlaw!
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I chatted with you in private about this. The pain for you will never end, I know that. Please accept my sincere condolences and admiration for your strength. "Time heals all" is certainly an illusion. All of us feel your loss, support and respect you. I would like to see you exact a price on the killer and I understand your frustration. The best of wishes to you, my friend.
    Jim Page

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

Quote Originally Posted by JimPage View Post
    I would like to see you exact a price on the killer.
    Thanks. I did exact a price on him but don't talk about the exact details. And I got away with it because he escalated the confrontation. He now needs glasses, a hearing aid and a cane. I'm thankful to those fine people who stopped me. God bless them. I would have been jailed. Remember, you don't always need a gun to do damage.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

You can have good intentions and not be right.

(AP) Charge dropped against student who wore NRA shirt
    By JOHN RABY
    Associated Press
    CHARLESTON, W.Va.
    A criminal charge has been dismissed against a West Virginia middle school student who refused a teacher's order to remove a National Rifle Association T-shirt he wore to school.

Logan County Circuit Judge Eric O'Briant signed an order dismissing an obstruction charge Thursday against 14-year-old Jared Marcum stemming from an April 18 incident at Logan Middle School.

Marcum was charged after a police officer told him to stop talking, but the student didn't.

Marcum's attorney, Ben White, says Marcum was exercising his free speech rights and his support for the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms. After a review of statements from the officer and the school's principal, White says he and a prosecutor agreed that creating a criminal record for Marcum wasn't a good idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12