Teen arrested over NRA t-shirt now facing jailtime for 'talking back' to the police.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teen arrested over NRA t-shirt now facing jailtime for 'talking back' to the police.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Teen arrested over NRA t-shirt now facing jailtime for 'talking back' to the police.

14 year old Jared Marcum got into an argument with one of his teachers over his “Protect Your Rights” NRA t-shirt at Logan Middle School in April. He was then arrested for "disturbing the education process" and for "obstructing an officer" — the latter charge, according to court documents obtained by WOWK, was because Marcum refused to stop talking, thus hindering the arresting officer from doing his job.

8th Grader Suspended, Arrested Over NRA T-Shirt Now Faces $500 Fine and a Year in Jail | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

This is in West Virginia, not NYC or Chicago. A teacher obviously had to have started the confrontation by remarking about the shirt. Unless school policy specifically banned this kind of shirt, which I doubt since he and friends wore the same shirt or similar when he came back to school after the suspension and nothing was said. Because a teacher that is obviously anti-gun can't keep from spouting liberal garbage in class in one of the most gun-friendly states, a student faces criminal charges. Saying the charge is because the kid would not shut up, I say "Good." We need more kids that see through the brainwashing and will speak out against the illegal activities by the libs. Maybe the kid and his family need to file suit against the teacher for teaching garbage.
    Dave "The said Constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." Samuel Adams

4. Since when does talking stop an officer from putting cuffs on you and putting you in their car? I think they need to seriously look at who they are hiring if hearing someone talk makes them unable to multi-task.

I think all these anti-gun arrests are pathetic attempts at getting some news time. Like they say, bad publicity is still publicity.

What I always found interesting is how a Mexican kid can wear a Mexican flag shirt and an American kid can't wear an American flag shirt.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    What I always found interesting is how a Mexican kid can wear a Mexican flag shirt and an American kid can't wear an American flag shirt.
    Yep.....It's 'political correctness' run amock!
    It's like a cancer that's slowly spreading and killing our freedoms imho.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    You're being redundant. You have run amuck when you become PC.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Political correctness: The notion that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

9. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Political correctness: The notion that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    My brother is VERY into politics, I actually can keep up to date on whats happening by following him on facebook.

The other day I posed a very simple, yet complicated question to him:

"How can being 'politically correct' and being just plain 'correct' be completely different"

Being politically correct is complicated, and means different things to different people.

Here is the definition of "politics" from merriam-webster:
    a : the art or science of government
    b : the art or science concerned with guiding or influencing governmental policy
    c : the art or science concerned with winning and holding control over a government

Much like magic is an "art/science", so is politics. Its not about the truth, its about influencing policy and holding control of a government. So to be "politically correct" doesn't mean to tell the truth, it means to do or say what is in the best interest of keeping control over a government. For me, being politically correct would mean to support what I believe is a good, just government.

For our elected officials, it means saying whatever is necessary to keep their position. Democrats know that a good sum of their votes come from immigrants that want the more lax immigration laws, free health care and government assistance. So it is politically correct for them to do/say anything they can to stay in the immigrants good graces and keep their vote, thereby keeping the control of government.

The fact is, 'We the People' is no longer the majority. So if pissing off some Americans to not offend a potential vote, so be it, THAT is politically correct.

Blog Entries
    my kids will and do regularly. i made field jackets for them with my name tape, branch tape and shoulder insignia, stars and bars flying forward on both shoulders. their teachers glare but won't speak up. i'd wipe the floor with them and they know it.

speaking of foreign flags, i went camping up near the michigan UP this weekend and encountered a cabin with an italian flag ABOVE ours. i obviously corrected the error. unfortunately, the foreign rag tore in several places as I lowered it. it also fell into a mud puddle and blew into my firepit. damn wind.

On Cinco de Mayo send 'em to school wearing a "Remember the Alamo" shirt.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast