Why are assaults 'increasing' on rangers and park police?

View Poll Results: Why are assaults against park police / rangers increasing?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Because the citizens are way out of control.

7 36.84%
  • Because law enforcement is over-stepping.

7 36.84%
  • Because the land belongs to the people, not to the government.

2 10.53%
  • I don't know why this is happening.

6 31.58%
  • I don't really care either way.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are assaults 'increasing' on rangers and park police?

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Question Why are assaults 'increasing' on rangers and park police?

Park rangers, wildlife refuge workers and U.S. Park Police experienced more assaults and threats from visitors last year than in 2011, according to a group that represents federal resource workers.

A total of 591 incidents were reported by six land and water agencies in 2012, up 38 percent from the previous year, the group says. More than one-quarter of the incidents involved some sort of violence against the employee or officer, the report by the advocacy group Public Employees for Environmental Responsibility says.

More than half of 100 reported incidents against U.S. Park Police involved violence, the report said, including an incident where a suspected drunk driver tried to run over a police officer.

The report is set to be released on Monday. The Associated Press obtained a copy in advance. The report is based on figures obtained from the National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management and other agencies.

Report: Assaults increase on rangers, park police

Why is this happening?
    Who or what is to blame?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

2 Timothy 3
    New King James Version (NKJV)

Perilous Times and Perilous Men
    3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away
    Next Question??????
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Too many laws, too much control. People are going to revolt. We may be seeing the beginning.

I voted "LE overstepping." It won't be long before the postman is armed and, when your dog barks at him from your fenced yard, will shoot your dog and arrest you.

The picture that comes to my mind is the old Robert Conrad battery commercial - "Knock this off of my shoulder!"
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Why are assaults 'increasing' on rangers and park police?-imageuploadedbytapatalk-21371427785.707206.jpg

For all the future armed postal workers!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

My son is a ranger at a park and I can tell you he often speaks of the stupidity of people visiting. Is the land there for all to use? Yes. But the rangers are a necessary evil due to the Self-centered clowns who feel they can do anything they want. Having seen some of this behavior out in the 'wild', I can understand his concerns.

As with anything we do, your rights to do so end where someone elses rights begin, and vice-versa. If your redneck drinking, partyining, shooting games are endangering or even just infringing on my quiet weekend in nature then you have overstepped your boundries.

Son tells me that most of the problems they have are with drunk idiots who think that having a bonfire that can be seen from the Space Station while music is playing loud enough to hear 3 counties over and screaming over the music is their 'right' because it is a public park.
    Do some rangers get the I have a badge, I have the power mentality? Sure, as with everything, there are the bad apples. But the good overshadow the bad IMHO.

Myself, I have had nothing but good encounters with rangers, and I have visited Parks in over 30 states. Guess I am just lucky in that respect.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
    My son is a ranger at a park and I can tell you he often speaks of the stupidity of people visiting. Is the land there for all to use? Yes. But the rangers are a necessary evil due to the Self-centered clowns who feel they can do anything they want. Having seen some of this behavior out in the 'wild', I can understand his concerns.

As with anything we do, your rights to do so end where someone elses rights begin, and vice-versa. If your redneck drinking, partyining, shooting games are endangering or even just infringing on my quiet weekend in nature then you have overstepped your boundries.

Son tells me that most of the problems they have are with drunk idiots who think that having a bonfire that can be seen from the Space Station while music is playing loud enough to hear 3 counties over and screaming over the music is their 'right' because it is a public park.
    Do some rangers get the I have a badge, I have the power mentality? Sure, as with everything, there are the bad apples. But the good overshadow the bad IMHO.

Myself, I have had nothing but good encounters with rangers, and I have visited Parks in over 30 states. Guess I am just lucky in that respect.
    I can agree with most of your post, however, I have had a somewhat bad experience with a ranger in southern california when I was out trout fishing and minding my own damn business back in 1996.

The ranger was hispanic and he had a real bad attitude problem imvho.
    (Reverse Discrimination Probably).

He wanted to see my fishing license (which was clearly exposed on the outside brim of my hat).
    He ordered me to remove it from the clear protective plastic cover that I had placed it in (I complied).
    He then ordered me to show him my drivers license (I complied).

He was intentionally acting disrespectful & confrontational by his demeanor & tone of voice imho, but I continued to be respectful towards him.

He also asked me if I was armed but I informed him "No Sir, I am not armed".
    FYI; it's "impossible" for the average law abiding citizen to get a CCW (concealed handgun license) in southern california.

'Free country' my arse.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Blog Entries
    I voted that the citizens are out of control, but I really think that it is our society that is out of control. People blame phantom mental illnesses and not the individual, so after the schools coddle possible serial killers and tell them "it's ok, it's not your fault. You're a good person, even if you strangle animals and threaten women," a park ranger says "stop torturing animals or I will arrest you" and the out of control douchebag that society coddled tries to kill the ranger.

Another reason I am glad that we can carry in state parks, forests and national ones as well. Park rangers, game wardens and conservation staff are an extremely valuable resource. Without them, we would overhunt, overfish and some species would disappear altogether within a few months. I will always assist a DNR agent in need. Most of them exhibit the professionalism and good manners that used to be common among all LEO.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I voted that the citizens are out of control, but I really think that it is our society that is out of control. People blame phantom mental illnesses and not the individual, so after the schools coddle possible serial killers and tell them "it's ok, it's not your fault. You're a good person, even if you strangle animals and threaten women," a park ranger says "stop torturing animals or I will arrest you" and the out of control douchebag that society coddled tries to kill the ranger.

Another reason I am glad that we can carry in state parks, forests and national ones as well. Park rangers, game wardens and conservation staff are an extremely valuable resource. Without them, we would overhunt, overfish and some species would disappear altogether within a few months. I will always assist a DNR agent in need. Most of them exhibit the professionalism and good manners that used to be common among all LEO.

Oddly enough I find myself 100% in agreement with ths post
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

It's called a lack of respect and it's a two way street.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast