Broken headlight? I'm going to search both your vehicle and your breasts!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken headlight? I'm going to search both your vehicle and your breasts!!

Quote Originally Posted by dgifted View Post
    As far as searching the borrowed car, how did she know her friends did not have a little something special hidden in the car. Since it was not her car and she told him as much, I don't blame her for telling him she did not give him permission to search the car.
    I wouldn't care if I just drove a car straight off the assembly line at the Lordstown Chrysler plant. I would NEVER consent to a police search under ANY circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    'Highly Questionable' Method: Bra Searches by Lakeland Police Criticized by State Attorney.....

'Highly Questionable' Method: Bra Searches by Lakeland Police are Criticized by State Attorney - Crime/Public Safety - The News Herald
    In all fairness to the cop, he did need to know if her headlights were "on"
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Tangent...sort of. Might relate to the original stop. About 20 years ago I was doing DUI treatment groups in one of Arizona's DUI prisons. To start each new group of guys I'd go around the group and ask each person why the cops pulled them over. Many reasons of course but the most common was a bad light. Headlight, taillight, brake light, even bad license plate lights. Of course the inmates thought it was pretty chicken of the cops to pull them over for a little thing like that. Not probable cause.

My little brother was a motor cop at the time and so I asked him why cops were so chicken about bad running lights. He cracked up laughing...couldn't stop laughing for a long time. When he could speak again he said because cops know that alcoholics and drug addicts are too lazy to check their running lights and too cheap to buy new ones even if they know they have a bad light. So to a cop - a car with a bad light has a high probability of being driven by a drunk or an addict.

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    He cracked up laughing...couldn't stop laughing for a long time. When he could speak again he said because cops know that alcoholics and drug addicts are too lazy to check their running lights and too cheap to buy new ones even if they know they have a bad light. So to a cop - a car with a bad light has a high probability of being driven by a drunk or an addict.'
    No doubt he believes that. I really wonder if he would be honest and tell how many times he stopped someone with a bad light who was not otherwise offending compared to the times that they were.

The truth is that most people don't have a clue if they have a light out, stoner, drunk, or not.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by fstroupe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    He cracked up laughing...couldn't stop laughing for a long time. When he could speak again he said because cops know that alcoholics and drug addicts are too lazy to check their running lights and too cheap to buy new ones even if they know they have a bad light. So to a cop - a car with a bad light has a high probability of being driven by a drunk or an addict.'
    No doubt he believes that. I really wonder if he would be honest and tell how many times he stopped someone with a bad light who was not otherwise offending compared to the times that they were.

The truth is that most people don't have a clue if they have a light out, stoner, drunk, or not.
    Unless its a headlight, which you usually notice after a while, how would you know? I don't know anybody that does a walk around of their car everyday to check their lights..

Don't know little brother's mindset. Know he's one of the mellowest human's I ever met. Didn't even like being called a cop. "I'm not a cop, I'm a motor" he'd say. Anyhow, retired now - to Maui. That experience did get me to checking my running lights on a regular basis. Easiest at night in front of a store plate glass window from an empty parking lot.

Never met anyone who couldn't spot an impaired driver in a split second. One wobble of the wheel and we're on guard. Ain't a cop thing as much as a driver thing.

There is also a dashcam video of this going around, and he did not "bare" her breasts or touch her. What he did was a reasonable method for a man to perform a serach on a woman if there is no female officer available.
    -
    The problem is that it is a search, and probable cause must be substantiated. I don't know the area, but if it was a known "crack neighborhood" and the people were behaving suspiciously and there was a good chance they had purchased drugs then MAYBE! For a regular traffic stop for a light being out it is purely a fishing expedition and completely unconstitutional. Even if a kilo of meth had tumbled out of her bra a good lawyer would have been able to get it tossed out.
    -
    It would be exactly the same if it was a man that had a light out, and the cop had him get out and frisked him. The method is not what should be in question, it is the search itself.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Unless its a headlight, which you usually notice after a while, how would you know? I don't know anybody that does a walk around of their car everyday to check their lights..
    I do, same as my motorcycle. Lights & tires every day. Only takes a couple minutes to check the lights. Headlights are easy as stated. Brake lights easy to see in the mirror off the wall or garage door behind. Same with turn signals.

Always amazes me to hear people say they don't check their vehicles. You just wait for the idiot lights to tell you it's too late?

But on subject, agree cop went to far, especially when she stated to end it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kalamity023 View Post
    When you read the story he did not touch her, she also had a suspended license. He had her raise her shirt, and as Deserteagle pointed out, shake her bra out. Was he overstepping his bounds and violating her constitutional rights, probably. She initially consented to a search but retracted consent during and he did not stop the search. I agree he was on a power trip and fishing for narcotics. Thing with fishing is you don't always get what you're looking for. This could have been bad had she been carrying in one of those "Flash Bang" bras, and shot him. This is a case where a citizen allowed an officer to trample her rights. I'm not trying to blame her but its an example of how the sheep will submit to authority. Anyone who understands their rights knows that. Will he be disciplined yes, but it will most likely be for leaving his audio equipment in the car, or failing to stop the search when consent no longer existed rather than a sexual assault.
    The consent to search was removed before he started the search.
    Quote from the article "Brugger then relented, wanting to go home. Then she changed her mind before Fetz could start the search. But he proceeded anyway, searching the vehicle for 10 minutes, even as she shouted for him to stop........Officer Jeremy Williams, who arrived at the scene as backup, told the investigator he and Fetz heard Brugger withdraw her consent before Fetz searched the car."

Rogue cops!

The cop in question should be fired, at a minimum. I could care less about what he thinks he's doing, or about 'company policy'; whether he touched them or not, if he attempted anything like that with my wife or granddaughters, and was allowed to keep 'protecting and serving', he's going to have to face me one day.
    That's far beyond their duty.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast