Broken headlight? I'm going to search both your vehicle and your breasts!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Broken headlight? I'm going to search both your vehicle and your breasts!!

I agree that this was both unwarranted and a violation of her rights. Personally, I hope they throw the book at him.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Unless its a headlight, which you usually notice after a while, how would you know? I don't know anybody that does a walk around of their car everyday to check their lights..
    Back when I was single and always out carousing, I would check my lights on my car very often. I admit I did not do this on a daily basis but at least 2 -3 times a week. Now that I have settled down I do good to check them once a month. But I do check them before a long trip.

The LEO had cause to stop her but his reason went south after that. I hope she sues the LEO, the State and the Department. Things like this MUST stop.

I'm sure more and more cops are learning about the Flashbang Bra Holster from Gun Goddess. How soon before one takes a woman suspect, prones her out, handcuffs her and then mangles her breasts claiming he was just making sure she wasn't so armed… "for officer safety".
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I'm sure more and more cops are learning about the Flashbang Bra Holster from Gun Goddess. How soon before one takes a woman suspect, prones her out, handcuffs her and then mangles her breasts claiming he was just making sure she wasn't so armed… "for officer safety".
    Go back, scroll down about three threads and check out the other one posted by outlaw. Officer was just convicted of sexual assault for trying to extort sexual favors from a woman. When she avoided the topic, he proceeded the grope her breasts, butt, and pulled out her pants and shined a flashlight down the front. All for officer safety, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Tangent...sort of. Might relate to the original stop. About 20 years ago I was doing DUI treatment groups in one of Arizona's DUI prisons. To start each new group of guys I'd go around the group and ask each person why the cops pulled them over. Many reasons of course but the most common was a bad light. Headlight, taillight, brake light, even bad license plate lights. Of course the inmates thought it was pretty chicken of the cops to pull them over for a little thing like that. Not probable cause.
    My little brother was a motor cop at the time and so I asked him why cops were so chicken about bad running lights. He cracked up laughing...couldn't stop laughing for a long time. When he could speak again he said because cops know that alcoholics and drug addicts are too lazy to check their running lights and too cheap to buy new ones even if they know they have a bad light. So to a cop - a car with a bad light has a high probability of being driven by a drunk or an addict

Just sayin'
    Or a innocent citizen with a broken headlight. Probable cause is not established by a broken headlight. I don't care if it SOMETIMES turns up a bad guy. Stay the he!! Off my back till you have a good reason to come after me!
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Or a innocent citizen with a broken headlight. Probable cause is not established by a broken headlight. I don't care if it SOMETIMES turns up a bad guy. Stay the he!! Off my back till you have a good reason to come after me!
    Haha wow....

An equipment violation is a violation of the law. A police officer can stop you for it whether you like it or not. Your attitude of being above the law isn't going to fly. If you don't like the fact that you need headlights, brake lights, and tail lights on the road, then STOP DRIVING ON THE ROAD!

But let me guess, if cops stopped enforcing equipment laws for vehicles, Im sure you would probably hate the police just as much when a car with no headlights runs over your wife or dog, or when you rear end a vehicle with no tail lights at night because you couldnt see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    My little brother was a motor cop at the time and so I asked him why cops were so chicken about bad running lights. He cracked up laughing...couldn't stop laughing for a long time. When he could speak again he said because cops know that alcoholics and drug addicts are too lazy to check their running lights and too cheap to buy new ones even if they know they have a bad light. So to a cop - a car with a bad light has a high probability of being driven by a drunk or an addict.

Just sayin'
    Same response I just had.

I also love how you or the people convicted of DUI's refer to stopping equipment violations as "chicken". Drunk drivers cause countless problems for society every day, and yet they think there is no problem with it. In fact, they blame the police for their DUI. Amazing how dumb people are.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Broken headlight is probable cause to search for drugs? I don't think so. Making the lady bare her breasts to further search for drugs? Wow. In Utah the boyfriend would have shot the officer and the jury would have given him an award. To do that kind of search get a woman officer. No exceptions. Unless you have a drug sniffing dog available. This is just totally unbelievable. Maybe I'm old fashioned but men, even cops don't get away with that Crap out here. Not and keep their jobs (at least I hope that is the case).
    Read again... she never bared her breasts. (I'm not condoning the actions of the cop, just setting the facts straight) She was asked to lift her shirt above her stomach and shake our her bra. No baring was done here.

I agree with you though, any search of a female suspect should be done by a woman, and if no woman is available, then there needs to be a witness.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    'Highly Questionable' Method: Bra Searches by Lakeland Police Criticized by State Attorney.....

'Highly Questionable' Method: Bra Searches by Lakeland Police are Criticized by State Attorney - Crime/Public Safety - The News Herald
    I hope this young lady and her boyfriend sue this department. There is obviously a violation of their 4th Amendment rights and the other officer corroborated that.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Drunk drivers cause countless problems for society every day, and yet they think there is no problem with it. In fact, they blame the police for their DUI. Amazing how dumb people are.
    ...unless the drunk drivers are COPS, in which case they strangely seem NOT to be perceived as causing "countless problems"... even when they KILL people...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123