Traffic Tickets To Help Fund Police Pay Raises?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traffic Tickets To Help Fund Police Pay Raises??

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    They're already doing that too. Cant remember which state it was, but I just saw on the news the other day that they're trying add an extra $50 to the annual registration fees for Hybrid owners and an extra $100 for full-electric vehicle owners.
    Originally gasoline tax helped pay for roads and repairs. I'm sure its been changed by now. So I can see that cars that don't very much or no gas should shoulder their fair share of the cost of road maintenance.
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    The government has a cure for that too. Lower speed limits until more people are speeding again.
    So if they lower the speed limits, follow the speed limits or accept the ticket.... Seems very straightforward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    The government has a cure for that too. Lower speed limits until more people are speeding again.
    So if they lower the speed limits, follow the speed limits or accept the ticket.... Seems very straightforward to me.
    I used to drive 4 to 5 over the limit knowing its probably ok. Once I started carrying, set the cruise on the limit and keep my neck short. Risk aversion is always good advice when carrying.

Texas DARS is funded by DPS speeding tickets. It is the Texas Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services. Among others, DARS helps people that have spinal cord injuries to pay for rehab. Good thing.
    Heck, when my Sons and I were working in the oilfield, we paid our fair share of money into that organization. :o)
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    So if they changed the speed limit to 25mph on all interstates you'd be ok with that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12