Police detain driver then search his vehicle without his consent at DUI checkpoint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police detain driver then search his vehicle without his consent at DUI checkpoint.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow Police detain driver then search his vehicle without his consent at DUI checkpoint.

Many municipalities set up checkpoints for law enforcement to cut down on drunk driving over the Fourth of July holiday, but one stop in particular is getting national attention.
    The now viral video posted to YouTube showing a man getting stopped at a DUI checkpoint in Rutherford County, Tennessee, has more than 2.8 million views as of Monday morning after being posted the night of the event. The video includes what the driver believes to be a unconstitutional search of his car where an officer is even recorded saying the man is “perfectly innocent and he knows his rights.”

?My Blood Boiled?: 4th of July DUI Checkpoint Video Goes Viral After Officer?s Comment | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

The greatest threat that LEO's face on the street, is not a citizen armed with a gun, but a citizen with a video camera. That buzz cut blob of a cop needs to find a new career, perhaps as an "om-back" hanging on the back of a garbage truck.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    The greatest threat that LEO's face on the street, is not a citizen armed with a gun, but a citizen with a video camera. That buzz cut blob of a cop needs to find a new career, perhaps as an "om-back" hanging on the back of a garbage truck.
    The problem is that this cop is not the only one with this 'Fascist-Gestapo' mindset.
    There are way too many cops out there with an 'Us ~versus~ Them' attitude.
    We the people appear to be 'the enemy-sheeple' and us 'peasants' must be controlled and intimidated into submission it seems.
    Free country?
    Celebrate our "Freedom and Independence"??
    I think not.
    SMH
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

5. Gestapo!!!!!!!!!

Geeve me zuur paperz!

Sig hail!!!!
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    He would do society more good as a garbage man anyways.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

These officers clearly have some issues and should not be doing the job anymore.

As for the guy with the camera, if he didn't want to go through a DUI checkpoint and be confronted by police, he should have no chosen to do so. They always give drivers warning about checkpoints and they have to leave drivers an alternative route. This guy wanted to go through one and wanted to get his rights violated. He chooses to go through a DUI checkpoint and start a confrontation with not cooperating with officers, who also have ego problems.

I'd say all the people in this video are idiots.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    They always give drivers warning about checkpoints and they have to leave drivers an alternative route.
    Where do you live?

I've never seen any warning other than right as you approach a checkpoint, and by then it's too late, and if you turn around right before the checkpoint they chase you down. They certainly are not required to give you an alternate route. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of the checkpoint if you tell people how to go around it?

Sent from my phone (which explains all the typos), using the USACARRY app.

Quote Originally Posted by bobqdevon View Post
    Where do you live?

I've never seen any warning other than right as you approach a checkpoint, and by then it's too late, and if you turn around right before the checkpoint they chase you down. They certainly are not required to give you an alternate route. Otherwise, what would be the purpose of the checkpoint if you tell people how to go around it?

Sent from my phone (which explains all the typos), using the USACARRY app.
    Colorado. And the same U.S. Constitution applies in whatever state you live in. So next time you see a DUI checkpoint, notice how there will be signs warning you of it.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    These officers clearly have some issues and should not be doing the job anymore.

As for the guy with the camera, if he didn't want to go through a DUI checkpoint and be confronted by police, he should have no chosen to do so. They always give drivers warning about checkpoints and they have to leave drivers an alternative route. This guy wanted to go through one and wanted to get his rights violated. He chooses to go through a DUI checkpoint and start a confrontation with not cooperating with officers, who also have ego problems.

I'd say all the people in this video are idiots.
    The bold part is utter BS. In the two DUI checks I've gotten caught in, they were both in the same place at the end of a raised parkway on the other side of a hill that drivers can't see over the top of until they've passed the last exit. That last exit goes onto a service road that runs alongside the parkway, and the last driveway on that service road before it goes back to the highway is an apartment complex. Never been in there so I don't know how big it is or how many cars might be expected to drive in there every few minutes, but while I was waiting in the freakin' 20 minute line just to have some Nazi demand to see my papers, I watched as every single car that pulled into the apartment complex got chased down by a patrol unit with lights flashing, and some of them were guided out and placed in line in front of all of us who hadn't tried to avoid the stop! Of course, that means that all the cars that pulled in there driven by residents just going home were stopped and forced into a LE contact for no reason too.

And even if they did announce when and where those stops were going to be (which I don't think they do here, but whatever), what is a law abiding citizen who wants to protect his rights supposed to do, watch every local news cast, or cruise cop websites (man! now that sounds like fun, eh!), or subscribe to leftist newspapers that I wouldn't even trust as good bird-cage filler just to look for announcements that the people who are sworn to protect my rights are telling me where they're mustering for the express purpose of violating my rights?

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board, and considering some of the posters who have come and gone, that is saying a damn lot.

BTW, this is a dupe thread. We've been discussing it since 7/5/13.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast