Family allegedly forced from home by police files rare Third Amendment suit - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Family allegedly forced from home by police files rare Third Amendment suit

Family allegedly forced from home by police files rare Third Amendment suit

I have a feeling that technology, medical science and a little bit of luck saved him. As far as not fearing the end, I'm an atheist and I'm not scared of death either. Burn my body and throw me over a cliff somewhere. I have no problem believing that the only thing that lives on after your death is the memory of you and the legacy you leave. I don't need some "holy" scripture or a prophecy of doom to encourage me to be a good person.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I agree 100%, in principle. However, from a practical standpoint, the next thing that happens is the police turn you into Swiss cheese and then burn your house down with their flash-bangs and kill your dog.
    Jug of water.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    I have a feeling that technology, medical science and a little bit of luck saved him. As far as not fearing the end, I'm an atheist and I'm not scared of death either. Burn my body and throw me over a cliff somewhere. I have no problem believing that the only thing that lives on after your death is the memory of you and the legacy you leave. I don't need some "holy" scripture or a prophecy of doom to encourage me to be a good person.
    And that is your prerogative. Why you feel the need to chide Ringo (or anyone else) who believes differently than you because they have the faith and conviction to say it in public is quite well beyond my ability to comprehend though. What I think you (and several others) fail to understand is that his expressions of faith are not meant to insult or otherwise harm or criticize you in any way, they're meant as a free offering of information that he believes with all of his heart will help you, not himself. As it is that you are in possession of a free will, it is yours to do with what you want, accept, reject, or just ponder on it for awhile. Having made your choice, and appearing to be perfectly comfortable and confident in it, why do you need to scold in invective ridicule someone who is sincerely trying to share a way of life, belief and faith that he deeply believes you would benefit from? Why not just scroll through his posts if it so bugs you that he speaks of faith on these boards? I know the answer: Because like it or not, believe it or not - As Christians, we knew you were coming. You were prophesied.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Jug of water.
    ? I don't understand the response.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    And that is your prerogative. Why you feel the need to chide Ringo (or anyone else) who believes differently than you because they have the faith and conviction to say it in public is quite well beyond my ability to comprehend though. What I think you (and several others) fail to understand is that his expressions of faith are not meant to insult or otherwise harm or criticize you in any way, they're meant as a free offering of information that he believes with all of his heart will help you, not himself. As it is that you are in possession of a free will, it is yours to do with what you want, accept, reject, or just ponder on it for awhile. Having made your choice, and appearing to be perfectly comfortable and confident in it, why do you need to scold in invective ridicule someone who is sincerely trying to share a way of life, belief and faith that he deeply believes you would benefit from? Why not just scroll through his posts if it so bugs you that he speaks of faith on these boards? I know the answer: Because like it or not, believe it or not - As Christians, we knew you were coming. You were prophesied.

Blues
    I see. So when you state your beliefs in public, it's faith and conviction, but when I express my beliefs that the constant constant proselytizing of doomday prophecies is nonsense , it's just chiding. I was prophesied? I always assumed it was common sense that humans would keep reproducing, creating further generations. If you're referring to me specifically, I don't see how that's possible because you don't even know my name, and I don't remember seeing it in the bible.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    I see. So when you state your beliefs in public, it's faith and conviction, but when I express my beliefs that the constant constant proselytizing of doomday prophecies is nonsense , it's just chiding.
    Where did I say any such thing? I said I didn't understand why it was necessary to chide someone who, no matter how much you may disagree with his views, his only motivation for posting them is because he believes they have the potential to help anyone exposed to it. I don't recall if he replied directly to something you said in this thread, I don't think he did, but whatever, your reply was chiding in nature. It had nothing to do with my beliefs and convictions. I applied those words to Ringo, because I know them to be exactly that. His words can't hurt you, but more importantly, they aren't intended to in any conceivable way, shape, manner or form. Somehow, "nonsense" and your other rants about his postings don't seem to fit within the same kind of good intentions. Sorry if you misunderstood. Hope that clears it up for you.

I was prophesied? I always assumed it was common sense that humans would keep reproducing, creating further generations. If you're referring to me specifically, I don't see how that's possible because you don't even know my name, and I don't remember seeing it in the bible.
    Yeah, well you got me there jcreek. But I think you're just trying to provoke something now. No thanks. We've done that dance before and it's really not all that entertaining.

I simply meant that detractors of Christians is part of prophecy. Christians are warned within the Word that the mindset of hostility towards words and thoughts that are nothing more than Good, and certainly nothing less, is just part of the price of admission. I suggested it as a way to assure you that nothing you could say to any devout Christian would (or could) ever dissuade them from publishing a road-map for your and everybody else's salvation. As always, it's yours to accept, reject, or just ponder for awhile, just like I said before. That's all. Nothing personal intended. Rant on if it floats your boat.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Family allegedly forced from home by police files rare Third Amendment suit

I'm not trying to provoke you at all Blues, I agree arguing with you or anyone for that matter, except maybe Amsdorf, isn't really entertaining at all. I have no problem with you believing what you believe. But this a firearms forums with people on here from several different beliefs and backgrounds. I've never started a thread about religion or been the first one to bring it up. Why some people feel the need to constantly proselytize their beliefs here, I don't understand. From the talks I've had with somebody on here (I won't mention their name), I believe them to be Muslim, but I don't ever see them trying to spread their beliefs, regardless of the near constant assertion I see on here that Muslims are evil and trying to take over the world.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we Muslims are extremely evil. Our plan isn't about world domination, it is about our desire to eat babies muuaahahahahaha!

Blog Entries
    I see. So when you state your beliefs in public, it's faith and conviction, but when I express my beliefs that the constant constant proselytizing of doomday prophecies is nonsense , it's just chiding. I was prophesied? I always assumed it was common sense that humans would keep reproducing, creating further generations. If you're referring to me specifically, I don't see how that's possible because you don't even know my name, and I don't remember seeing it in the bible.
    Have you watched the movie Kingdom of Heaven? These guys are like Guy DeLusignon, even if their lives depended on it they could never see anything from another man's point of view.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    ? I don't understand the response.
    I was just being ridiculous.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast