The NEW LEO Encounters... - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The NEW LEO Encounters...

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    Thank you for your actions. What you did is what is referred to as doing what is the right thing to do. Most people do this and never think twice about it because it just what we do and the world is a better place because of it.
    I tend to be a decent guy sometimes. There was a panhandler (homeless guy, vagabond whatever) that I saw most mornings at a stop-light on the way to work. I NEVER give people money, but I would occasionally bring an extra bottle of water or something with me to work. I did a little research and found a salvation army shelter near (they help find employment, and require sobriety to stay) and I jotted down the info on a post-it. I gave it to him the next day with a bottle of water, and I haven't seen him there since. Maybe I helped? Who knows, but I would like to think I did.
    Chief

Here is the latest example of out-of-control police: Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion | HeraldTribune.com

Notice the Marshall's insoucient attitude indicating that, "one, just has to know that we're the police because we're pointing a gun at you and swearing". If Ms. Goldberry had died at the hands of a criminal in this manner, I'm certain that Marshall Wiggins would have advocated that the victim be less trusting and more careful. And I assure you, Marshall Wiggins will suffer no long term consequences for his actions as he is able to justify all of his action and none of Ms. Goldberry's when questioned by the press. Until there are repercussions personally to these rogue "I'm the law and I make the rules" officers, their superiors, and the jurisdictions that oversee these miscreants things are only going to continue to decline at an ever more rapid rate. And, as you can see by Wiggins comments in his press interview, the default position used by every tyrannical group in history - "I was just doing my job". At least there wasn't bloodshed and the outcome was relatively benign. However, both Ms. Goldberry and her friend we're unlawfully detained, arrested, and assaulted while looking for a person that was across town. Lawsuits will NOT fix this problem!
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by MI .45 View Post
    Notice the Marshall's insoucient attitude indicating that, "one, just has to know that we're the police because we're pointing a gun at you and swearing".
    The victims need to make him their "project" in life.

You really CAN hound somebody to his grave, and completely within the confines of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    The victims need to make him their "project" in life.

You really CAN hound somebody to his grave, and completely within the confines of the law.
    Pray tell...??
    Doing that is the only way we can start to get these people in line; the government and supreme courts aren't going to help us.
    I'd love to get on one of these personal crusades that is within the law but makes the wrongdoers wish they had never gone down the road they're on. Enough of these actions and the evildoers will be much less likely to go over to the dark side.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Quote Originally Posted by MI .45 View Post
    Pray tell...??
    1. Lean on his supervisors... HARD. Make sure that he's well known to his chain of command, and not in a GOOD way. FOIA everything about the incident, as well as anything you can get about his personnel history.
    2. Pull him through every legal knothole imaginable. There was a woman here a few years ago who was crazy. She started a vendetta against a number of local politicians, turning their lives into a legal nightmare. And she didn't even have a case. Imagine what you could do if you'd actually had your rights violated.
    3. Engage in a public relations war:
      1. Put him on Youtube.
      2. Go through social media with a fine toothed comb looking for embarrassing statements or pictures posted by him.

In short, make his life a living hell, any way you can within the law.

7. If you live in small town USA and have wonderful local police, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS AS YOU ARE THE TRULY LUCKY ONES!

It did not take us long to learn that 1/2 - yes 1/2 - of our local police are power hungry, ignorant (of the law), bad tempered Napoleon complex dudes. Ditto for our immediate surrounding small towns and villages. Over the last 20 years, our local cops have maimed law abiding citizens (one case still in federal court), pulled little old ladies out of their cars and slammed them on the ground for speeding and talking back, a local gentleman was held at Glock gun point by Barney with his finger on the trigger up against his house for no good reason (until the county sheriff arrived and magically the glock was put away), and much more. We have had 3 cases of glock leg in the last 5 years.

Unfortunately small towns are where a lot of power hungry thugs go to get a cop job. It is a darn shame for the good cops around, but it seems to be the way it is. THESE things are why I will assume a small town cop is bad first until he proves himself otherwise. From talking to friends and neighbors, I can say I am not alone in my reasoning.

This is why the police don't want you to video record the encounter. Might catch them doing or saying something that might come back to haunt them. I agree that it ultimately will come down to the citizens putting a stop to this type of behavior because it is getting out of hand. Lawsuits don't seem to work and are slow at affecting policy change. I don't have a personal video recorder but would like to have one just in case.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    I don't have a personal video recorder but would like to have one just in case.
    If you've got anything like a decent cell phone, you probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    This is why the police don't want you to video record the encounter. Might catch them doing or saying something that might come back to haunt them. I agree that it ultimately will come down to the citizens putting a stop to this type of behavior because it is getting out of hand. Lawsuits don't seem to work and are slow at affecting policy change. I don't have a personal video recorder but would like to have one just in case.
    If the police have nothing to hide then they have nothing to fear from being recorded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    If the police have nothing to hide then they have nothing to fear from being recorded.
    They have video camera pens that really work well for recording police encounters. Their pretty dang cheap too. You can spend a lot as with almost anything.

4GB HD Spy Pen Camera Mini Video Recorder DVR Audio Video 1280x960 Ext.8GB USA
    $20.99
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast