Off duty cop "pulls his firearm" on innocent clerk "twice"! WTH!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off duty cop "pulls his firearm" on innocent clerk "twice"! WTH!?

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Angry Off duty cop "pulls his firearm" on innocent clerk "twice"! WTH!?

A man later identified as off-duty Tucson, Ariz. police officer Kyle James McCartin, 23, wearing a bullet proof vest, aims his gun at a Giant Gas Station clerk in Tucson early Tuesday, July 16, 201. Authorities say two men, both wearing bullet-proof vests, approached the gas station clerk and one of them later identified as McCartin allegedly pulled out his gun and pointed it at the clerk 'twice'.
    Officer McCartin was later taken into custody, and was eventually fired.

Off-Duty Cop Fired After Being Caught on Surveillance Camera Pulling Gun on Gas Station Clerk | Video | TheBlaze.com

Can you imagine being 'pulled over' by this young punk with his trigger-happy mindset when he was 'on duty'?

I shudder to even think about it.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Two things:
    One: Why wasn't he arrested??????? Oh, he committed an armed robbery... we'll just fire him??? really????
    Two: How many people noticed as he pointed his weapon at the clerk, he kept his trigger finger outside of the trigger guard? At least he was safe a "little bit". {yes, that was sarcasm for those toadstools who didn't get it**
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Blog Entries
    Generic pro cop comment.

He didn't rob the store just intoxicated and trying to play it like a badass. He should have been arrested for assault with a dangerous weapon, a danger to the public safety, fashion violation for wearing a bullet proof vest without a tee shirt and the worst impression of Bruce Willis ever captured on a security camera.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

6. He's lucky that clerk didn't take a weapon from under the counter and shoot that drunk cop in the head, while he was fumbling around with the weapon, then deal with other cop, who would have drawn also.

This reminds me of an interview with a sheriff in the south. He was asked by a news journalist what it would take for a CC holder to draw his weapon and fire it. The sheriff answered, "point a gun at him".

I'll guarantee if you were drunk and pointed a gun at a sober cop, you would be dead.

A cop pointed a weapon at a clerk to eff around with him. That would be a one way ticket to the morgue in some stores.

BTW, that was some incredibly incriminating video. The other cop in the green vest should have intervened more than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Two things:
    One: Why wasn't he arrested??????? Oh, he committed an armed robbery... we'll just fire him??? really????
    Two: How many people noticed as he pointed his weapon at the clerk, he kept his trigger finger outside of the trigger guard? At least he was safe a "little bit". {yes, that was sarcasm for those toadstools who didn't get it**
    He was arrested.
    "The Pima County Sheriff’s Department notified Tucson police that 23-year-old Kyle James McCartin was arrested early Tuesday on two counts of aggravated assault."

8. And I wonder what if the clerk pull out a weapon and shot him in the head, would the clerk be justified?

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    And I wonder what if the clerk pull out a weapon and shot him in the head, would the clerk be justified?
    1. Was he in immediate and credible fear of life and limb?
    2. Was he required to retreat?
    3. Was retreat possible?

If the answer to 1 was "yes", and the answer to either 2 or 3 "no", absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich M View Post
    He was arrested.
    "The Pima County Sheriff’s Department notified Tucson police that 23-year-old Kyle James McCartin was arrested early Tuesday on two counts of aggravated assault."
    Good, and thanks for the update. :)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    He didn't rob the store just intoxicated and trying to play it like a badass. He should have been arrested for assault with a dangerous weapon, a danger to the public safety, fashion violation for wearing a bullet proof vest without a tee shirt and the worst impression of Bruce Willis ever captured on a security camera.
    Thanks for the clarification. I assumed (I hang my head in shame) that he was trying to rob him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast