Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyons: Police raid felt like home invasion

1. I would be happy to see the personal attacks and bickering disappear from this forum.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    The police are able to do their job only because they have support of the majority of the citizens. If they lose that support, because of lawless and brutal tactics, they are going to be in a very dangerous situation.
    That's exactly what's happened in Chicago.

The Chicago Police Department conducts itself like a hostile foreign army of occupation, and in return they're treated like one.

It's rather pathetic to see them whine about it.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob in Bristol View Post
    This is a direct result of the Patriot Act. Remember our Representatives said, "It will make us safer". With a name like "Patriot Act", how could it be bad. Ron Paul saw the danger, but no one listened, and now it is too late. The link below show who the real destroyers of the Constitution are, and they are on both sides of the aisle.
    Patriot Act Vote Record | gauchnomica
    Hey Bob,

You probably already know this, but most "conservatives" are as entrenched in establishment orthodoxy as the most "moderate" leftist remains loyal to the Alinskyites running this country right now. I tried to tell people about Allen West supporting the Patriot Act before the elections. I tried to tell them that there were barely matters of degrees difference between Romney and Obama, or between Republicans or Democrats in general. Some are receptive to it, but most of the (mostly) conservative membership here will literally call you names for standing for pure constitutional principles that invalidate much of modern legislation and jurisprudence. Your post will likely bring some of them out, and so will this one. We'll see. It's not as ubiquitous an occurrence when we're not actually in the midst of an election, but it's still pretty regular.

I personally did not support Ron Paul, but neither am I a detractor of his. To many on the "conservative" side of issues around here, supporting him can land you on the "list" of fringe and extreme thinkers. It's really quite a strange phenomenon to watch on a site which one would presume would be populated by the staunchest of true conservative Constitution-adherents.

Good post anyway. No one can lump me into a fringe group that I wouldn't proudly claim anyway if it was true. If it ain't true, it shows more about them than it does about me. Hold on, it's comin' sooner or later though.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Hey Bob,

You probably already know this, but most "conservatives" are as entrenched in establishment orthodoxy as the most "moderate" leftist remains loyal to the Alinskyites running this country right now. I tried to tell people about Allen West supporting the Patriot Act before the elections. I tried to tell them that there were barely matters of degrees difference between Romney and Obama, or between Republicans or Democrats in general. Some are receptive to it, but most of the (mostly) conservative membership here will literally call you names for standing for pure constitutional principles that invalidate much of modern legislation and jurisprudence. Your post will likely bring some of them out, and so will this one. We'll see. It's not as ubiquitous an occurrence when we're not actually in the midst of an election, but it's still pretty regular.

I personally did not support Ron Paul, but neither am I a detractor of his. To many on the "conservative" side of issues around here, supporting him can land you on the "list" of fringe and extreme thinkers. It's really quite a strange phenomenon to watch on a site which one would presume would be populated by the staunchest of true conservative Constitution-adherents.

Good post anyway. No one can lump me into a fringe group that I wouldn't proudly claim anyway if it was true. If it ain't true, it shows more about them than it does about me. Hold on, it's comin' sooner or later though.

Blues
    Blues, thanks for the heads up. I am old, with thick skin, I have not seen it all, but I have seen enough. I voted for Paul in the primary because IMHO was the best choice. For years, I have been voting for the lesser of 2 evils. Every election cycle the difference between the candidates gets smaller and smaller. McCain.........need I say more. I donated to McCain, and still have his yard sign. IMHO he was barely a better choice. No big improvement with Romney either. The conservatives seem to be moving left, pandering for votes. I want someone that truly wants to shrink Government. I hope I did not infer all Police Officers are out control. Most LEO do a great job. It would be hard to live without them. There are a lot of bad people in this country, and it stands to reason a few end up LEO.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Blues, thanks for the heads up. I am old, with thick skin, I have not seen it all, but I have seen enough. I voted for Paul in the primary because IMHO was the best choice. For years, I have been voting for the lesser of 2 evils. Every election cycle the difference between the candidates gets smaller and smaller.
    Exactly my story. I wasn't so sure about Paul being the "best" choice as you were, but like I said, neither do I have any specific reason to rag on him. I sat out the presidential election. Didn't really see the point in voting for Virgil Goode or one of the other 3rd partiers. Couldn't ever vote for Romney with his record on abortion though, so for the first time since 1976, I sat out voting for president. It was a bone of contention for some folks around here, and that's where my previous post came from. Like I said, since we're not in the midst of an election cycle, it may not provoke any of the flack I took during the 2012 cycle.

I hope I did not infer all Police Officers are out control. Most LEO do a great job. It would be hard to live without them. There are a lot of bad people in this country, and it stands to reason a few end up LEO.
    Bummer. And you seemed so promising. LOL J/K.....kinda. I'm not a huge fan of modern policing. The OP in this thread is a typical story that makes me feel that way. Every last one of them has the potential to be as abusive as that Marshall. Only their individual conscience stands between the next involuntary contact I am forced into with one, and me ending up in jail for no reason, or in the hospital for refusing (under the 5th Amendment and Miranda decision) to answer questions, or worse for who knows why. I've noticed your avatar and wondered if you're a cop. If you are, maybe you'll be the one who convinces me that there's a good reason to reevaluate my skepticism of LE in general. Most of them around here have tried, or tried to verbally beat me down as the case may be. LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I'll say it again... "Welcome to the New America. You can expect more and more outrages like this to occur. Get used to it, because thatís the way things are now. Remember the promise to fundamentally transform America? Well itís happening. If youíve been awake at all, you can see that weíre being set up to become part of a One World Totalitarian Government. In simple terms, it is the illegal overthrow of our form of government by those within the government. The rules of decency and fair play that you live by donít exist with these people. The U.S. is being purposefully and methodically destroyed. The evil in this world is growing stronger, more violent and cruel every day.They're going to be groping you in bus stations, train stations, subway platforms, entrances to malls and movie theaters. There will be military checkpoints to sit through so they can, for no probable cause whatsoever, demand to search your car, just for the heck of it. Theyíll be drunk on the power they have over you, and it will be very clear thereís nothing you can do about it. Itís not coming folks. Itís already here!"

~ Yesterdays Prophecies-Today Headlines ~
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Blues, thanks for the heads up. I am old, with thick skin, I have not seen it all, but I have seen enough. I voted for Paul in the primary because IMHO was the best choice. For years, I have been voting for the lesser of 2 evils. Every election cycle the difference between the candidates gets smaller and smaller. McCain.........need I say more. I donated to McCain, and still have his yard sign. IMHO he was barely a better choice. No big improvement with Romney either. The conservatives seem to be moving left, pandering for votes. I want someone that truly wants to shrink Government.
    I am hoping that the support being shown for some of the yet to be corrupted young senators (Ted Cruz, Rand Paul) will bear out in the next few elections. Keeping the Dems from taking the House is imperative, and tking control of the Senate would be helpful. If we do neither then they have 2 years to undo it all.
    -
    I think our best bet in '16 is in the primaries. If we can't get a true conservative to represent the republican party then we lose. My fear is that we get which ever old guy is next in line for his turn to try for the White House. The problem with this is that under our current situation is that the best candidate will still be the Tea Party or Libertarian candidate, but if they are running as a 3rd party rather than the Republican nominee we lose. Voting your heart may make you feel better, but it could also land Hillary in the WH. Hence voting the lesser of two evils is somewhat justified. In 2012, those conservatives that voted their heart rather than the lesser of two evils may have gotten Obummer re-elected (not sure and no cite on that) but with all the voter fraud who knows. It basically goes back to my point that true conservatives need to help make a difference in the primaries so that we don't end up with the lesser of two evils choice.
    Chief

I am getting very discouraged because election after election the story is always the same. The low information voters (read stupid) give us poor candidates in the primaries and even a worse choice in the general election. Our politicians have forgotten their role as servants of the people and now think of themselves as our rulers. Our liberties are gradually disappearing and the Constitution is becoming the anachronism that the progressives believe and desire it to be.

Even Huckabee had a segment on his program this week about the transformation of the U.S. into a police state. The increasing militarization of law enforcement is a very dangerous trend in a republic. And by its very nature is destructive to our liberty. All government is force by definition; and when the people lose control of that government or willingly give up their freedom, we then live under tyranny. The growing police state is merely a symptom of the growing power of government. At all levels of a tyranny requires a method to enforce its restriction of our liberty.

During the Revolution after the badly needed victory of Stoney Point, Gen. Anthony Wayne wrote to Washington that his troops behaved as " men who deserved to be free". And the majority of people in this country are no longer behaving as people who deserve to be free. I have no definitive idea where and when the people of this country went wrong. But I suspect that it was when our politicians discovered that they could achieve power by buying the votes of the inherently indolent and ignorant. We have way too many people who are willing to sell their liberty for government largesse. And the progressives guaranteed the increase of government power when they passed the progressive income tax in the early 20th century.

The are many good people in law enforcement who believe in liberty and their oath to support and defend the Constitution. And I believe they will stand with those who resist the growing tyranny. Unfortunately there are some LEOs who can be easily corrupted by power. For some power is a corrupting and irresistible siren song. Truly evil people do not cease to he evil when they enter law enforcement. And many of these are the people seduced by power and abuse it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12