Another pleasant police encounter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another pleasant police encounter

1. Wow! Thank you so much for responding to all that, Blues! I truly appreciate it, very much!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

3. Yes, thank you Blues! I don't have the patience right now to be so comprehensive about answering so I'll just opine that I saw no sarcasm at all in Navy's comment.
    "...on any given day there are bad people in the world who are able and willing to hurt you." --Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

For the record Navy... thanks for sharing such a warm and touching moment with your daughter and that police officer. I'm not sure how much personal information I would give on this forum about my family and I therefore tip my hat to you sir.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Navy,
    I know you mentioned being deployed, do you have extended family near where you are stationed that helps out or are they pretty much on their own? I have spent about 12 years of my career underway, and none of it was from Ohio where my wife's family is (go figure...). It's comforting to know the locals are nice enough to help out if needed.
    -
    Well, I know that since you "graduated" from LT you don't have to listen to Chiefs anymore, but I hope you spend as much of your "connectivity" chatting with them as you do with us
    Chief

6. I had a cop reload my XD-S magazines (5-round only) for me during the target shooting portion of our CHCL exam! All I had was two mags. I'd underhand the spent one, while he handed me a loaded one overhand! How cool is that? Everyone else had 9mm or .22 cal. semis with much more round capacity, so he stepped-up to the plate so I didn't hold anyone up! I believe another student had a full size .45 Springfield with multiple mags full. We had a lot of shooting to do, ran us through the ringer; strong hand, weak hand, retracted left and right, two handed, varying distances.

I'm glad the cop had some pro muffs on, he was pretty much beside and slightly behind the muzzle of that short barrel .45, between two of us shooting. It was outdoors and 6 lanes shot at once in an open grass field at closely spaced targets!

7. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Navy,
    I know you mentioned being deployed, do you have extended family near where you are stationed that helps out or are they pretty much on their own? I have spent about 12 years of my career underway, and none of it was from Ohio where my wife's family is (go figure...). It's comforting to know the locals are nice enough to help out if needed.
    -
    Well, I know that since you "graduated" from LT you don't have to listen to Chiefs anymore, but I hope you spend as much of your "connectivity" chatting with them as you do with us
    My in-laws (her parents) live with us. They can live a lot better sharing expenses rather than on their own on social security.

I don't care what rank an officer obtains, they should never stop listening to CPO's. A good CPO understands that the higher rank the officer is, the more information we need to pass up the chain of command, so we should be asking more questions. For me, I don't want to tell the CPO how to run things and that is not why I am asking how they are doing things, I just need the info the CO and XO are asking me for.

Thank goodness we get to chat with family daily too (at least on surface ships). I remember submarine days when we only got a one way radio message of 40 words or less from them to us every 10 days or so and that was the only communication we had.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    My in-laws (her parents) live with us. They can live a lot better sharing expenses rather than on their own on social security.

I don't care what rank an officer obtains, they should never stop listening to CPO's. A good CPO understands that the higher rank the officer is, the more information we need to pass up the chain of command, so we should be asking more questions. For me, I don't want to tell the CPO how to run things and that is not why I am asking how they are doing things, I just need the info the CO and XO are asking me for.

Thank goodness we get to chat with family daily too (at least on surface ships). I remember submarine days when we only got a one way radio message of 40 words or less from them to us every 10 days or so and that was the only communication we had.
    Believe me, it was sarcasm. You know that most of us Chiefs are just a mess... I remember two things from early in my career; one was the long line at any payphone within a few miles of the ship at a port call, the other was "I love you mom, over". Ain't the internet great?
    Chief

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12