Is that the Gestapo at your door? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is that the Gestapo at your door?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Then you need to do some research on what the GeStaPo actually were
    How about the phrase: "narcissistic, badge-empowered arse wipes"? Would that be a more appropriate description?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I didn't want to be "liked" by you Treo, I'm just trying to figure out why, if you agree with the general idea of Outlaw's post, you would pick nits over the description he gave of the animals with badges.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Great thread, as usual "Outlaw". I could not improve on it. Since the day after the signing of "The Constitution" the powers that be, have been chipping away at it. Now, look where we are. Instead of sending a bill collector during business hours, they send a swat team of thugs in the middle of the night. Just like a trespasser in your yard at 2:30AM. Just another example of where all this chipping is taking us. We are not too far from losing our 1st Amendment right. It will not be long before someone will be banging on your door in the middle of the night, and ripping out your vocal cords, and cutting your fingers off (so you can no longer post threads). I just see no end to the decline, I sure hope I am wrong, but history is indicating I might be correct.
    Even though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no Evil, for YOU are with me; Remington 44 Mag:

5. Police State overwhelming force coming to a neighborhood near you. I bet they cost taxpayers thousands more than the $1,000 fine she owed. Imagine all the paperwork/overtime paid to these thugs? Vehicles involved? Legal ramifications and counsel secured for both sides?

This is going to be one costly, pathetic show of force. Going-on nationwide, too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    So...are you 'defending' the actions of these overzealous LEO's Treo?
    Are we splitting hairs here?....What is your point exactly?
    Treo likes to point his (her?) finger at any and everyone else while doing exactly what he spends countless posts on this site complaining about. Treo is fecetious.

Do this to my door and several individuals would not be going home, anyone banging on my door or trying to kick it in will be considered thugs and robbers. Send me a note via my attorney for any fines.

The police do have a difficult and sometimes dangerous job. But power does have a corrupting influence on almost everyone, some more than others. The police are and always will be outnumbered and need the good will of the public to effectively do their job. When they behave as an army of occupation, they are then treated as such. Just ask the people of Chicago or LA. And despite minor semantic differences, Gestapo is exactly the correct name for these officers. By their actions and enmity created they endanger themselves and other officers..

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    Just ask the people of Chicago or LA. And despite minor semantic differences, Gestapo is exactly the correct name for these officers. By their actions and enmity created they endanger themselves and other officers..
    You give the Chicago Police Department WAY too much credit. It's straight out of "The Treasure of Sierra Madre".

I really hate to be a complete pessimist about government employees. There must be some good ones. I post on this forum in order to make myself feel better about my country's future and fellow citizens. It also makes me feel better to know that there are others who feel as I do. Things couldn't possibly be as bad as they sometimes appear.I was taught that the police were our friends. I was born in a very different and optimistic country ( the rural, northern Midwest almost 70 years ago). There have always been and always will be problems in this country. But I have never seen the pessimism, hopelessness, and fear that I am seeing today. This country seriously needs to move back towards a constitutional republic and the rule of law; or there may actually be no hope. We have become a nation of sheep, dependent upon the government. and terrified by it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12