List of my pleasant LEO encounters

Thread: List of my pleasant LEO encounters

List of my pleasant LEO encounters

Out of consideration for Kramer1113, hopefully he won't feel this is pi$$ing on someone else's posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer1113 View Post
    NavyLCDR, why do you feel you need to pi$$ on people's posts?
    In situations where you don't see the "Big Deal" why don't you do us all a favor and keep your rude and Pi$$y comments to yourself.
    You continually remind me of the Navy guys I would encounter in TJ. They were the ones who would hire the youngest little girls for sex. This disturbed me a lot. So I asked one of the sick Navy [email protected] why they did that, his reply "Less chance of catching something".
    Your answer was better then than these rude comments of yours.

I think its great that a Police Officer would help you lift your daughters wheel chair over a curb. To often times Officials of any kind act as though they cannot be bothered or that being distracted for a moment would risk the safety of many others.
    Was going to take part in a limb deficiency march sponsered by a local Seattle hospital for persons missing limbs. The march got cancelled. Normally my daughter walks with a prosthetic leg, but this was right after surgery, so I was pushing her in a wheel chair. A Seattle police officer helped me lift her wheel chair over a curb. Neither he nor I said anything about the concealed firearm I was carrying.

Waiting at a red light, I turned left as soon as it changed green, thinking it was a green arrow. Nope, it was a green circle. The car stopped at the opposite light just happened to be a state patrol. He pulled me over for "failure to yield" which I was guilty as sin of. I explained my mistake, he said be more careful and let me go with a warning. Not a word was said about the firearm I was carrying at the time or my license to carry it by him or I.

Traveling through a well known speed trap on a road that goes from 50 to 35 mph due to the presence of a grocery store on the road, I forgot to reset my cruise control and got stopped by the sheriff. Let go with a warning after a pleasant conversation. Not a word was said about the firearm I was carrying at the time or my license to carry it by him or I.

My all time favorite... looking for a park where a picnic was going to be that my wife wanted to go to with our daughter and her friend in the back seat. Stopped for speeding - over 40mph in a 25. Stop goes completely routine until the officer returns from his vehicle and asks me to exit my vehicle. I am open carrying a Taurus SS .45 in a belt holster. Can't leave it in the car loaded with the others who do not have CPLs. Didn't want to handle the gun to unload it. By the time it registered with me what he asked me to do, he was already waiting for me in the space between his vehicle and mine. So, oh well, I exit the vehicle and walk carefully back to meet him. He said he didn't want to lecture me in front of the family but I should be more careful, let me go with a warning. Not a word was said about the firearm in plain view by either him or I, or my license to carry it.

I could list many more pleasant LEO encounters here including talking to the Chiefs of Police of Oak Harbor and Anacortes and the Skagit County Sheriff after an Oak Harbor city council meeting and a meeting of the Fidalgo Democrats, both meetings attended with an openly carried firearm. I could also list a few pleasant LEO encounters where I did get a ticket, I don't consider the officer to be unpleasant just because they are doing their job.

I could also list two bad experiences with Oak Harbor Police Department Officers and the former Chief of Police.

So, Mr. Kramer, feel free to pi$$ on my post.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Witrh all the times you're getting stopped. It seems you're just an incident waiting to happen.

Wow, I don't think I've had that many LEO encounters in my life.... may I ask what time frame these all happened? Do you have a target on you or an aura that only the police see?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Just needed to start paying closer attention to my driving is all :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using USA Carry mobile app
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

<--- removes lead shoe from Kramer's foot.

:)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)