Attitude - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attitude

1. Oh my, what did I start?!? :-)

One thing I find sad is that there are some members of this forum who equate exercising one's 2nd, 4th, and 5th amendment rights as "having an attitude". There doesn't have to be "an attitude" involved just because a person chooses to open carry and chooses to politely and respectfully ineract with a police officer only to the minimum extent required by law. I would also say that in addition to the OP's comment that talking too much has also caused people to talk their way right into an arrest or citation.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

3. When I was a street cop, I never wrote a ticket before I had my first cup of coffee. I found that I wasn't objective and I always seemed to lose cases in court when I had written a ticket before the first cup.

I'm nice till they're not. Then I'm one cold, rude *****.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jon Campbell View Post
    When I was a street cop, I never wrote a ticket before I had my first cup of coffee. I found that I wasn't objective and I always seemed to lose cases in court when I had written a ticket before the first cup.
    Heh-heh. Laughed out loud!

I didn't even realize that attitude could be a crime. When the police handle a minor traffic infraction with arrogance and sarcasm, what do they expect in return??

I think the dashboard cams that are now installed in most squad cars to be one of the best things to come along in years. Much of the abusive behavior that was passed off as resisting arrest can now be seen for what it really is.

I have had a lifetime of bad experiences with the police. I am a law abiding citizen and a solid citizen by anyone's standards. I often wonder how much worse my experience would have been, if I had any type of criminal history or if I was African-American or Hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich kid View Post
    I have had a lifetime of bad experiences with the police. I am a law abiding citizen and a solid citizen by anyone's standards. I often wonder how much worse my experience would have been, if I had any type of criminal history or if I was African-American or Hispanic.
    Please elaborate further about your "lifetime of bad experiences". My experience is that if one flies under the radar by being a law abiding citizen, then one usually has little to no encounters (good or bad) with law enforcement and certainly would not have a lifetime full of bad encounters. I would like to hear more about your situation so I could try to avoid them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

I find the Golden Rule works both ways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12