This is why people hate the police - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83

Thread: This is why people hate the police

  1. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    The problem with some cops is that they think their badge is a "I can do whatever I want" license. He said the dog was on an extended leash, so even though it might not have been readily apparent that he was walking a dog, a cop can ask a question from a distance rather than walking onto your property. Questioning while already trespassing, then being an ass by questioning the timing of walking your dog is enough to provoke most people to be less than polite. I would have reacted the same way.
    I agree 100% that some cops get a little badge heavy but I believe that most interactions can be handled with a little common sense.
    BS has demonstrated a negative attitude towards the police, that evidence is right in front of me based on it I’m willing to bet he’s telling the story in a way that puts the police in the worst possible light and that he was a little belligerent when he talked to the cop and that escalated the situation
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  2.   
  3. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I agree 100% that some cops get a little badge heavy but I believe that most interactions can be handled with a little common sense.
    BS has demonstrated a negative attitude towards the police, that evidence is right in front of me based on it Iím willing to bet heís telling the story in a way that puts the police in the worst possible light and that he was a little belligerent when he talked to the cop and that escalated the situation
    The pirate approached me from behind, got within 15' to 20' of me while my dog was clearly sniffing around looking for a place to dump, and out of nowhere demands, "What are you doing out here!?" As I was turning towards him he turned on his flashlight that he obviously had out before he got anywhere near me, and directed a couple of hundred lumens right in my eyes. Now genius, at what point in that sequence of events am I responsible for setting the jerk off? You're dad-gummed right I was belligerent at that point with him. He had zero business even being within earshot of me. He was standing with my neighbor in his driveway waiting for the EMTs to do their business inside his house. He could've just as easily asked my neighbor if he knew who was out there in that back yard at least 150 yards away from where they were standing, but he was bored, so he decided to "investigate" the big bad early morning dog-walker. I asked my neighbor the next day if the cop said anything to him and he said no. He wasn't paying any attention to him as he just walked away while John was talking with the other cop. He didn't know the guy was fartin' around with me until he heard the radio call and was asked if he knew me.

    It's not that I don't like cops, it's that I don't like dealing with them because of attitudes exactly like the trespasser's that night. They all have the potential to be exactly like that, if not much, much worse, and I lead a very quiet life, drive like a granny, don't drink, smoke or do drugs, a large part of those lifestyle decisions having been made for the express purpose of not having to deal with them. I did nothing to escalate that encounter. I told him right off I was walking my dog, which is a mistake as far as I'm concerned. But even having done exactly what you say I should've done, you still try to make out like it was my fault it ever happened at all. Shoot me your address hotshot - I got a pair of knee-pads I want to send you for your next LEO encounter.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  4. So this guy closed the distance of 150 yards to 15 feet and you didn’t notice? You’re quite the observant one. Does that make you responsible? We don’t know because we only have your side of the story to go by. I want to know how the guy even saw you 150 yards away in the dark.

    It's not that I don't like cops,

    No, it is that you don’t like cops

    I don’t think the issue is your dislike for cops I think the dislike is an overlying symptom. I think the truth is you fear cops because cops represent all the authority you don’t have.

    My situation is a little different, first I would bet my life that there is not a single law enforcement officer of any kind within the city limits (such as they are) right now and probably hasn’t been all day. Second, unlike you when I see a cop, it’s likely somebody I went to Elementary/Middle/ High school (in the same building) with. If it’s not it’s somebody my kids went to Elementary/Middle/ High school with or it’s somebody I’m related to. So I don’t get all freaked out when I see them.
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    So this guy closed the distance of 150 yards to 15 feet and you didn’t notice? You’re quite the observant one. Does that make you responsible? We don’t know because we only have your side of the story to go by. I want to know how the guy even saw you 150 yards away in the dark.

    It's not that I don't like cops,

    No, it is that you don’t like cops

    I don’t think the issue is your dislike for cops I think the dislike is an overlying symptom. I think the truth is you fear cops because cops represent all the authority you don’t have.

    My situation is a little different, first I would bet my life that there is not a single law enforcement officer of any kind within the city limits (such as they are) right now and probably hasn’t been all day. Second, unlike you when I see a cop, it’s likely somebody I went to Elementary/Middle/ High school (in the same building) with. If it’s not it’s somebody my kids went to Elementary/Middle/ High school with or it’s somebody I’m related to. So I don’t get all freaked out when I see them.
    Judging what YOU think someone's personality is or what they are like, based on a post, then berating them for it, questioning their honesty etc. makes you troll-ish and really reduces the amount of credence I will lend to your posts. If that was your intent, so be it. I think a personal (though verbal) attack on someone's credibility that you have never met is pretty lame.
    Chief

  6. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    First your homeboy posted a link to this thread and invited me to check it out that's how I got here.


    Why is it so hard to accept that this cop was acting like a badge-empowered thug?


    Because I see the way BS treats people here (granted he's got a computer to hide behind) based on that I believe it's very likely that he said something nasty to the cop right out of the gate, How else would you expect the cop to respond?
    That's interesting. I've seen how Blues treats people too. He's one of the more informed people on this forum and he generally treats people kindly and with respect. He's generally helpful and gives great advice. In fact, one of the reasons I've stayed on this forum as long as I have is because I've been astonished how many people on this site are as informed and as helpful as Blues has been. Now when someone really deserves to be put in their place, yes, I've seen Blues do that too. But that is the rarity, and not the norm. Stick around awhile and you'll see that too.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  7. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southwest Ohio
    Posts
    3,348
    Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    The problem with some cops is that they think their badge is a "I can do whatever I want" license.
    Sadly true. And what makes things much worse is that the power that badge gives them allows them to inflict exponentially more damage than any other single person could do alone. That's why one bad apple cop can be far worse than one bad apple in another group of people. It's also why their abuses get more headlines and why so many people are inclined to view them negatively as a whole. A lot of people in law enforcement, the good ones included, don't understand that the 'us vs. them' attitude is a two way street. Many otherwise good cops are inclined to cut their brethren slack when they misbehave, and they shouldn't do that. The more they condone it or simply overlook it, the more the public is going to adopt the same 'us vs. them' attitude against law enforcement in the long run, even the ones who are otherwise law abiding now, and that most definitely will not work out in their favor. It won't be good for either side. Law enforcement needs to start policing their own ranks, because many of them simply don't understand that not doing so is a very large strategic mistake on their part that will come back to haunt them in the long run. A public that distrusts them more and more just makes their job harder and harder.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  8. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    The pirate approached me from behind, got within 15' to 20' of me while my dog was clearly sniffing around looking for a place to dump, and out of nowhere demands, "What are you doing out here!?"
    Point to the dog and say, "Ask him. He's the one that wanted to come out here, not me! I'm just holding on to the damn leash because the law says I have to!" :-)
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. #78
    Actually wolf_fire....blues is one of my favourite people on this site...I could name a few others, but I will leave you guys to guess who. :p

    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    That's interesting. I've seen how Blues treats people too. He's one of the more informed people on this forum and he generally treats people kindly and with respect. He's generally helpful and gives great advice. In fact, one of the reasons I've stayed on this forum as long as I have is because I've been astonished how many people on this site are as informed and as helpful as Blues has been. Now when someone really deserves to be put in their place, yes, I've seen Blues do that too. But that is the rarity, and not the norm. Stick around awhile and you'll see that too.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    So this guy closed the distance of 150 yards to 15 feet and you didnít notice? Youíre quite the observant one. Does that make you responsible?
    No. Does the question make you an imbecile? It certainly lends credence to the possibility that you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I want to know how the guy even saw you 150 yards away in the dark.
    No problem. Only remember, I said up front that I was using a flashlight. Hopefully you have enough brain cells to synapse into a cogent thought to understand the significance of me pointing that out. (Hint: The flashlight is what the pirate saw, nimrod.) Anyway, here are all the answers to all your questions. You're going to have to fill in any blanks about why the pirate approached me where he did. I don't think like a pig, but apparently you do, so have at it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    It's not that I don't like cops,

    No, it is that you donít like cops


    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I donít think the issue is your dislike for cops I think the dislike is an overlying symptom. I think the truth is you fear cops because cops represent all the authority you donít have.
    Ahh....back to doing your Freud impersonation, huh? That's the diff between you and me Little Eichmann, I neither want, nor would I ever use authority over anyone else except me and my property. You won't find a single post, paragraph, sentence, word or punctuation mark on this forum to suggest that I have the mentality of an authoritarian, because quite simply, I don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    My situation is a little different, first I would bet my life that there is not a single law enforcement officer of any kind within the city limits (such as they are) right now and probably hasnít been all day. Second, unlike you when I see a cop, itís likely somebody I went to Elementary/Middle/ High school (in the same building) with. If itís not itís somebody my kids went to Elementary/Middle/ High school with or itís somebody Iím related to. So I donít get all freaked out when I see them.
    Great. You live in a bubble where butterflies and unicorns run the show. The rest of us have to live in, and be prepared to deal with, the real world. No wonder you fluff those badges. You get special treatment from them, so why wouldn't you? If you even ever see them to begin with that is.

    Guess you don't need the knee pads. It sounds like you already have some heavy callouses built up.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  11. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Blues, great reply. I just want to know how you got the pic of your house! Can you save a pic from Google or do you have one of those drone thingy's?
    Chief

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast