'Civil Forfeiture' ...An appalling police tactic?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Civil Forfeiture' ...An appalling police tactic?

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Thumbs down 'Civil Forfeiture' ...An appalling police tactic?

Through 'civil forfeiture', LEO's can take your property that they believe was obtained illicitly even before you're convicted of any wrongdoing whatsoever in a court of law. The people/citizen's whose assets have been seized would then have to go to court to try to get their property back, which may cost the citizen more money & time than the property itself is worth.

New Yorker Article On Civil Forfeiture - Business Insider
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

I read the New Yorker article linked to your source and was completely disgusted by what our government permits to happen in the name of law enforcement. I will not be able to eat tonight, I am sick at my stomach.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

This is tactic that has been going on for many years and is permitted by the feds in spite of an obvious conflict with the 5th amendment, at least to a mind that hasn't been corrupted by progressive ideology. It is used primarily in the northeastern and far western police states as a lucrative means of supporting law enforcement. And NJ and NY are the major east coast violators. It was also one of the prime abuses of the British Crown in Colonial America. The founders thought that they had ended this type of abuse. But to the progressives it is just another example of individual rights being made subservient to the all powerful state.

It is a situation just waiting for someone with deep pockets to challenge in court. I think the gov loses in a walkoff but it will be expensive for someone.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head!

Oh hells no!

BTW Outlaw, I have to say that seeing you reference the New Yorker is kind of making me feel warm and fuzzy right now :D

People have fought back and won, but as was mentioned above, in most cases it cost more to fight than the property was worth.
    If the people suing could collect punitive damaged, it would help stop this.
    There is no way in he!! the courts (government) would ever allow that, though.
    There have been too many cases where drugs, etc, have been planted just to steal property.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

'Civil Forfeiture' ...An appalling police tactic?

Knew somebody it happened too. A friend of mine in high school got caught with a decent amount of weed on him. They said he was a dealer (he wasn't), and seized almost $8,000 from his savings account despite not having any evidence to prove that it was illicitly gained. He never got it back.

Quit fighting back in court and start using the 2nd amendment and constitution, you want mine you will have to take it by force of arms. Remember the Constitution was written to protect we the people for oppressive governments foreign or DOMESTIC.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    Knew somebody it happened too. A friend of mine in high school got caught with a decent amount of weed on him. They said he was a dealer (he wasn't), and seized almost $8,000 from his savings account despite not having any evidence to prove that it was illicitly gained. He never got it back.
    Crime doesn't pay.... unless you are in the Government apparently....SMH
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    This is tactic that has been going on for many years and is permitted by the feds in spite of an obvious conflict with the 5th amendment, at least to a mind that hasn't been corrupted by progressive ideology. It is used primarily in the northeastern and far western police states as a lucrative means of supporting law enforcement. And NJ and NY are the major east coast violators. It was also one of the prime abuses of the British Crown in Colonial America. The founders thought that they had ended this type of abuse. But to the progressives it is just another example of individual rights being made subservient to the all powerful state.
    The biggest abusers are VA and TX. I've never seen or heard of it happening anywhere near me.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast