My LEO encounter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My LEO encounter

My LEO encounter

Ok,I have just had my first police encounter while carrying,and the first on a motorcycle.Now,alot of you guys,and even some people I knoe at work have said that after the officer saw your CHL he let you go with a warning.Apparently I am immune to this particular magic.I was riding to work,driving,I thought,with the flow of traffic.There were even,I think,some cars going faster than I was.I hear a siren behind me,looked in the mirror and see flashing lights.I somehow knew he was after me so I got completely off the freeway onto the feeder and pulled over.So,I'm sitting there,and the officer comes up to me and asks to see my license.I hadn't even got it out before he said "I'm gonna cite you for 70 in a 55." I got out my driver license and my CHL and insurance card and handed them to him.He didn't react all crazy when he saw my CHL,in fact,he didn't react at all,except to askl where my weapon was.I patted my side and told him "Right here." He just said to leave it there.So he goes to his car and runs my info,then comes back and writes me a ticket.Then he reminds me that the speed limit there is 55 MPH,tells me when I have to call the court,and tells me I am free to go.Now,I will say,and I am thankful,that he didn't go crazy when he found out I was armed.But he didn't cut me any slack on the speeding either.But it IS the end of the month.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

And how fast were you really going.

I don't know.I was watching the road and the cars passing by me...but probably 70.
    Give everybody guns.

Of course the sticker on the gas tank that read:
    'Proud and Packing a Pistol!'
    had absolutely nothing to do with this incident?
    Or are we off that thread now?

Canis-Lupus

As another fellow Texan I can tell you that over the years I have been stopped for speeding or other minor traffic violations several times sense getting my CHL. Only once did I not receive a ticket and that was for having a brake light out. That is one thing you are told in class, not to expect to get off just because you have a CHL. If it happens great, but I wouldn't expect it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

7. But he didn't cut me any slack on the speeding either.
    So?

I fail to see a problem. FYI: Quotas are illegal, they can write as many tickets as they want to.

BTW: I'm a LEO, but I don't work the road and I don't write tickets. I do however write reports.

Biker

Overall, a positive experience. If indeed, everyone was going over the posted speed limit, he probably chose to pull you over because, being on a motorcycle, you seemed like easy pickings.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis-Lupus View Post
    Of course the sticker on the gas tank that read:
    'Proud and Packing a Pistol!'
    had absolutely nothing to do with this incident?
    Or are we off that thread now?

Canis-Lupus

Um...yeah,CL,different thread.
    :)
    Give everybody guns.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    So?

I fail to see a problem. FYI: Quotas are illegal, they can write as many tickets as they want to.

BTW: I'm a LEO, but I don't work the road and I don't write tickets. I do however write reports.

Biker
    I wasn't saying there was a problem,really.Just that I heard that I might catch some slack and didn't.All in all the LEO was doing his job,just of all the people speeding,he pulled me over.Probably because I didn't slow down when he was in the area like everybody else did.
    Give everybody guns.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Overall, a positive experience. If indeed, everyone was going over the posted speed limit, he probably chose to pull you over because, being on a motorcycle, you seemed like easy pickings.
    Yes,it was.
    Like I said,he didn't go crazy when he saw I was armed.So,good for him.
    Give everybody guns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast