How do humans rationalize this kind of behavior?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do humans rationalize this kind of behavior?

FNWylde Guest

We have allowed LE to make up their own rules and brought this upon ourselves. There is a duty to retreat even when doing his job and a visit is not running down a criminal who is evading. What prevented this guy from using his God-given talent of rational thought and waiting until the dog was secure? If I just shot whatever was in my way when doing my job I'd be dead or in prison. This guy should get the same courtesy. And commanding the dog to get back? He should be punched in the face just for saying something so stupid.

300-lb. probation officer shoots woman?s 12-pound dog in Albany | www.ajc.com

It would be a bad choice to return fire even though in my mind would have been the right thing to do.

Human???? That's a stretch.

I read of this a least once a week, seems to becoming the norm around the country.
    Certified NRA Firearms Instructor
    Oklahoma SDA Instructor
    Utah CCW Instructor

A 12-lb dog isn't a threat to anyone. Just pick it up, for crying out loud. Unless he's got some strange, extremely irrational and horrifying phobia, he shot it because he wanted to.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

6. Like I said on another forum. I can't wait until a citizen defends himself against an illegal assault by a LEO and is acquitted by a jury of his peers.

Georgia employs many large cowards that hide behind their badges and 'official duty'. One of the reasons I didn't mind getting out of that cess pool of hillbillies with guns and badges.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

So, doesnt ANY self defense law state that the use of deadly force will be determined by a jury or board where any rational person must come to the same conclusion that lethal force was necessary? [not in exact words] a 6fr 300lb man Im sure could easily take down a 1 foot 12lb dog who in my opinion could NOT kill a human unless that human is an infant or toddler. Id file a civil suit with the county and sue the man for what ever the hell you can get.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Jesus Christ, even if the thing was rabid and trying to rip your leg off, you could kick a field goal with that thing. Just punt it across the room. You really needed a gun? What a joke. Those are exactly the kind of people that should not be allowed around firearms.

From the article above: Georgia Dept. of Corrections told the news station in a statement that the officer’s force was justified: “An Albany Probation Officer was involved in an incident that required him to use use of force against an aggressive canine during a field visit. An incident report was filed and it was determined that the Probation Officer responded appropriately.”

Rarely, is any LEO action not justified these days either by department policy or court decreed exoneration. Virtually, any contact with the authorities in todays environment can result in heartache, wounds, or death. The pedal is to the metal to get the sheeple in line, the patriots cowed, and the takeover of the authoritarian state.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Question

Quote Originally Posted by FNWylde View Post
    We have allowed LE to make up their own rules and brought this upon ourselves. There is a duty to retreat even when doing his job and a visit is not running down a criminal who is evading. What prevented this guy from using his God-given talent of rational thought and waiting until the dog was secure? If I just shot whatever was in my way when doing my job I'd be dead or in prison. This guy should get the same courtesy. And commanding the dog to get back? He should be punched in the face just for saying something so stupid.

300-lb. probation officer shoots woman?s 12-pound dog in Albany | www.ajc.com

It would be a bad choice to return fire even though in my mind would have been the right thing to do.
    I wonder if it would be okay for a law abiding citizen to 'fear for his/her own life' and open fire if some large and intimidating out-of-control 300 lb thug with a gun & a badge approached him/her aggressively without just cause?
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast