Law Enforcement encounter in NYC while off duty and vacationing - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Law Enforcement encounter in NYC while off duty and vacationing

1. I guess it depends on the county or state your from. When I worked for a County Sheriff as a reserve deputy I had credentials and full authority to carry. Our standards in Florida may be different or the Sheriff may have different policies.

3. Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    Personally, I find SeaTac (Actually the entire state of Washington) to be as anti-gun as NYC, and generally speaking, the people are just as rude.
    As a person who open carries daily in Washington state, near Seattle, I could not disagree with you more. I've open carried in SEATAC airport as a non-traveler picking up and dropping off my daughter with no issues whatsoever. I have flown as a passenger out of SEATAC with a hundgun in luggage and it took me about 10 minutes extra. Sign a declaration tag at the baggage counter, slide it in the suitcase near the locked gun case which was never opened, took the luggage to TSA where they swabbed the outside of the gun case for exlosive residue (no idea why) and on my way, no issues.

In daily life if there are any encounters resulting from my open carry, about 95% of them are positive. About 80% of the few negative encounters I have had have been with concealed carry only snobs that could not resist telling me they had a CPL, carried their gun concealed and so should I.

I also open carry while picking up or dropping my daughter off at school (high school now) and always get out of the car on school property right in front of the building to switch seats, and again, never an issue at all.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

4. JFK airport is the property of the Port Authority of NY & NJ. It is patrolled by the Port Authority Police, as is the World Trade Center. So it wasn't the NYPD that made you wait. We do wear similar uniforms, though.

5. "This all took almost 4 hours so we just made our flight." JFK airport is the property of the Port Authority of NY & NJ. It is patrolled by the Port Authority Police, as is the World Trade Center. Your wait is the longest I've ever heard of. The longest its ever taken me to go thru the procedure is about 20 minutes. So it wasn't the NYPD that made you wait. We do wear similar uniforms, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123