If he did this to his own daughter, what did he do to civilian's on the streets?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If he did this to his own daughter, what did he do to civilian's on the streets??

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    It's good you're done with that, and that he's done hurting people.

The difference is (unless I missed something) that he was a citizen with no particular LEGAL authority over other adult citizens not in his care.

I'm convinced that a certain percentage of cops are in that line of work precisely BECAUSE it affords them the opportunity to exercise STATUTORILY authorized control and inflict fear and humiliation on others, whether deserved or not.
    I know of what you speak, I have a brother-in-law (he is my outlaw) who was a deputy sheriff sergeant who was the embodiment of just this kind of person and a drunk to boot. Fortunately for the public he was asked to resign because of his off duty actions toward his then cheating wife. He would brag about the individuals that he would intimidate and the excessive force he used on drunks he arrested just for $hits and giggles.
    ~
    These kinds of people have no business being allowed to associate with society in a position of authority and should be restricted from being allowed out in public IMHO.
    ~
    I stopped a boss who used to beat his wife, became aware after helping her prepare dinner for the four of us at their place one night after work. She came to work at the office late the next day just a mess. Just because she enjoyed having help in the kitchen preparing the meal. That was the last time she ever had to deal with him, he didn't like someone his own size picking on him. He served time and she left town with the kids.
    ~
    The psychological damage that occurs with these types of events keep women from escaping, with support and encouragement they can escape. Peggy you know what it takes, congratulations on your escape. No one really understands the terror you have experienced, trusting again is always difficult, I hope some day you will again be 100% if you have not become complete as of yet.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

It's said that the blues share a tighter bond than soldiers who are together in combat. Their code is enforced along the lines of the mafia or other high level organized crime and a police chief who sides with an LEO's opposition may not remain chief (or a cop) for long. All, "part of the job".
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

It's good you're done with that, and that he's done hurting people.

The difference is (unless I missed something) that he was a citizen with no particular LEGAL authority over other adult citizens not in his care.

I'm convinced that a certain percentage of cops are in that line of work precisely BECAUSE it affords them the opportunity to exercise STATUTORILY authorized control and inflict fear and humiliation on others, whether deserved or not.
    I agree completely. I think we have a crisis in law enforcement that needs to be addressed urgently.

This is likely be one of my shortest and most unambiguous posts. Bullies, wife beaters, and child abusers have absolutely no place in law enforcement or even civilized society. Anyone who protects them is an accomplice and should receive the same fate.

Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    This is likely be one of my shortest and most unambiguous posts. Bullies, wife beaters, and child abusers have absolutely no place in law enforcement or even civilized society. Anyone who protects them is an accomplice and should receive the same fate.
    Back in 1996, National Public Radio did a story on a proposed law in Illinois aimed at disarming those convicted of domestic violence.

The law appeared set to sail though the legislature... until the Chicago Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police discovered that police were NOT exempt. At that point, the Obama hit the fan.

Several spokespeople for the Chicago FOP were interviewed. There followed one of absolutely the most bizarre features I've ever heard on NPR, rivaled only by their interview, shortly before 9/11, of the "roving ambassador" of the Taliban. The FOP's argument can be summarized thusly:

1. You can't take the gun from a wife beating cop because it's his "tool of the trade". Nobody thought to ask why that didn't equally apply to hitmen and bank robbers.
    2. If you take the gun from an angry, violent cop, that'll just make him MORE angry and violent. Again, nobody thought to ask how that would make an angry, violent hitman feel.
    3. You can trust a wife beating cop with a gun because he'll be "closely supervised", just apparently not closely enough to prevent him from beating his wife's brains out.

That story, and especially the FOP's own words, forever changed my view of cops, and ESPECIALLY the FOP.

I rank the FOP and NAMBLA on a par with each other.

Back in 1996, National Public Radio did a story on a proposed law in Illinois aimed at disarming those convicted of domestic violence.

The law appeared set to sail though the legislature... until the Chicago Lodge of the Fraternal Order of Police discovered that police were NOT exempt. At that point, the Obama hit the fan.

Several spokespeople for the Chicago FOP were interviewed. There followed one of absolutely the most bizarre features I've ever heard on NPR, rivaled only by their interview, shortly before 9/11, of the "roving ambassador" of the Taliban. The FOP's argument can be summarized thusly:

1. You can't take the gun from a wife beating cop because it's his "tool of the trade". Nobody thought to ask why that didn't equally apply to hitmen and bank robbers.
    2. If you take the gun from an angry, violent cop, that'll just make him MORE angry and violent. Again, nobody thought to ask how that would make an angry, violent hitman feel.
    3. You can trust a wife beating cop with a gun because he'll be "closely supervised", just apparently not closely enough to prevent him from beating his wife's brains out.

That story, and especially the FOP's own words, forever changed my view of cops, and ESPECIALLY the FOP.

I rank the FOP and NAMBLA on a par with each other.
    ... I don't even know how to respond to that. WTF?
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I hope the bastard gets the book thrown at him. How sickening.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    ... I don't even know how to respond to that. WTF?
    It pretty much left me speechless. I practically drove off the highway when I heard it.

If you look at the recent history of the antics of the Chicago PD, you'll see that quite a few involve violence against women.

Combine that interview with the rank and file's reaction to the savage beating of the barmaid a few years ago, and you start to wonder if you're reading about a big city police force or the Afghan Taliban.

10. OK, I wonder what he did to the camera person (wife, sibling?). I also grew-up in an abusive household. Mother suffered broken ribs and we kids (8) got the hell beat out of us on a regular basis. Some of my siblings have emotional scars that turned them to self-medication, and despising authority figures. Sexual abuse of my sisters was brought-up, but not proven in court. My mother divorced this monster, but not before damage was done. She also took-out her rage on we kids, because of the abuse directed on her.

We didn't hail from the wrong side of the tracks. We were middle class, and from outward appearances, living the American dream, but money was tight.

The real tragedy of this story? Both my parents taught at a college. My father had his doctorate, my mother her masters.

I'm going to end this piece into our family history, because I've only broken the surface, and memories of abuse are weapons that torment the soul, when they bubble-up from within.
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

11. It no longer amazes me what people are capable of. He should be released into prison population period.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast