Daniel Harless gets a good deal.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Harless gets a good deal....

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Aren't unions and collective bargaining wonderful things to behold? The city wanted to dump his butt just as they should have done, but their hands were tied by union rules and collective bargaining agreements. Plus they're afraid of lawsuits courtesy of our out of control tort system. The city was a victim of Harless, just as Bill Bartlett was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Aren't unions and collective bargaining wonderful things to behold? The city wanted to dump his butt just as they should have done, but their hands were tied by union rules and collective bargaining agreements. Plus they're afraid of lawsuits courtesy of our out of control tort system. The city was a victim of Harless, just as Bill Bartlett was.
    If you dig a little deeper, it's also blatantly obvious that the Canton PD has nothing worthy of being called a "disciplinary mechanism". Harless was allowed to offend over and over, and not only that, but the arbitration board found that other cops had committed WORSE offenses and not been punished AT ALL.

The Canton PD is like an irresponsible dog owner who lets his pit bull run free biting people. Harless may be a mad dog, but his owner is every bit as much to blame.

They should BOTH be punished. Unfortunately, it looks like NEITHER will.

The mad dog continues to run free, without an owner. His old owner continues to let his other dogs run free. It's only a matter of time before other people get bitten...

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    If you dig a little deeper, it's also blatantly obvious that the Canton PD has nothing worthy of being called a "disciplinary mechanism". Harless was allowed to offend over and over, and not only that, but the arbitration board found that other cops had committed WORSE offenses and not been punished AT ALL.

The Canton PD is like an irresponsible dog owner who lets his pit bull run free biting people. Harless may be a mad dog, but his owner is every bit as much to blame.

The mad dog continues to run free, without an owner. His old owner continues to let his other dogs run free. It's only a matter of time before other people get bitten...
    All that too. The city and Canton PD may have been victims of Harless and the situation that tied their hands, but you're correct that their own complacency and shortsightedness also helped them paint themselves into that corner they couldn't escape from without great expense. They aren't alone in that regard. A lot of cities and police departments don't consider such things.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by JimTh View Post
    If they give that thug a retired LEO id he will be able to carry a firearm. One day that tightass will kill someone.
    I noticed that too. If he gets a retired LEO I.D. he can apply for, and get, a LEOSA CC permit enabling him to carry in all 50 states and D.C. Got mine after I honorably retired.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    Got mine after I honorably retired.
    And since you didn't cause any problems for the city, I'll bet they did not offer to pay you $40,000 within 30 days just to quietly retire and go away.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

It disappoints me you used pit bull....but later you just say dog...unfortunate...I guess the media driven pit bull reputation is still strong and hasn't moved on to another breed yet ...

Other than that, your post is spot on.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    It disappoints me you used pit bull....but later you just say dog...unfortunate...I guess the media driven pit bull reputation is still strong and hasn't moved on to another breed yet ...

Other than that, your post is spot on.

As I understand it, beagles bite more often than pit bulls.

Which KILLS or MAIMS more often?

It's a question of the potential for harm caused by the dog allowed to roam free biting people.

Let's say for argument's sake that city clerks have more negative interactions with citizens than cops.

Which has the greater capacity to do serious harm?

I'm more concerned if a cop threatens to murder me once than if the clerk at the DMV uses a racial slur against me every day.

As I understand it, beagles bite more often than pit bulls.

Which KILLS or MAIMS more often?

It's a question of the potential for harm caused by the dog allowed to roam free biting people.

Let's say for argument's sake that city clerks have more negative interactions with citizens than cops.

Which has the greater capacity to do serious harm?

I'm more concerned if a cop threatens to murder me once than if the clerk at the DMV uses a racial slur against me every day.
    I understand the concept, but according to the research I have seen, there is no large breed that kills or maim's more than another large breed.

I get you are saying a large dog versus a small dog...it just bothers me personally (I don't expect others to understand it) when pit bulls are needlessly singled out. German shepherd, chow chow, Doberman, Rottweiler, husky...it wouldn't be right to single out them either, but all have seen their share deaths and maiming.

I agree with your analogy when it comes to large dogs being capable of massive damage (cops) vs small dogs that might draw blood on a good bite (store clerk). I'm in 100% agreement. I would just use the terms I used: large dog, small dog, and bad owner.

Not to mention, it's insulting to compare them to how bad police are....:-D

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

After reading this and also watching lots of videos i can only say im shocked! While i have had little interaction with LEOs i have never had one go crazy on me. Most (some more than others) just have a job to do and must deal with the worst of people and take that job very serious. More than once i have been pulled over and let go with a warning and generally they are stern but understanding. I am getting my CCP next payday and wonder now what will happen if stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I understand the concept, but according to the research I have seen, there is no large breed that kills or maim's more than another large breed.

I get you are saying a large dog versus a small dog...it just bothers me personally (I don't expect others to understand it) when pit bulls are needlessly singled out. German shepherd, chow chow, Doberman, Rottweiler, husky...it wouldn't be right to single out them either, but all have seen their share deaths and maiming.

I agree with your analogy when it comes to large dogs being capable of massive damage (cops) vs small dogs that might draw blood on a good bite (store clerk). I'm in 100% agreement. I would just use the terms I used: large dog, small dog, and bad owner.

Not to mention, it's insulting to compare them to how bad police are....:-D

Here ya go:

The Breeds Most Likely to Kill
    2012 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities - Dog Bite Statistics - DogsBite.org
    Which Dog Breeds Are More Likely To Kill People
    Which dogs are most likely to kill humans?
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast