In Maryland, Man Shoots Intruder at 2am, Gets Charged With Murder - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Maryland, Man Shoots Intruder at 2am, Gets Charged With Murder

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I looked around in all the self-defense, concealed carry, LE encounter and legal-related sub-forums and didn't find this story anywhere.
    Our friendly, newsworthy, conspiracy guru, Opsspec beat you to the punch.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/off-t...ed-murder.html

I also found this article that was posted today by the Washington Times:
    Man charged with 2nd degree murder asked "Why didn't you call police?" | Washington Times Communities
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Man charged with 2nd degree murder asked "Why didn't you call police?" | Washington Times Communities
    Good article. Call the police? Obscene to even suggest it... and they know better. There's no time, hands are shaking, vision is tunneled, auditory processing shuts down, brain reverts to primitive survival. I wish this poor guy well.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Our friendly, newsworthy, conspiracy guru, Opsspec beat you to the punch. Then again, he posted it in "Off Topic".

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/off-t...ed-murder.html
    Yeah, I saw that, which is why I listed the sub-forums I listed. I hardly ever crack open his threads, and "Off-Topic" hardly made sense to me anyway, so I re-posted where folks might actually be interested in an on-topic discussion.

Agree with BC, good article. Thanks.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Maryland is a very anti gun state. However, even if there was a "castle doctrine" there would be a serious suspicion that this wasn't a justifiable shooting. The police would suspect that perhaps he used this as an excuse to shoot his wife's suspected lover. He may very well be justified but the cops are bound to investigate. Investigators are trained to be suspicious and an arrest allow him to he held during that investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoffman View Post
    ....Matt, who had retrieved his Glock 17 when he first heard someone outside (not unreasonable when he wasn’t expecting anyone at 2 in the morning) still had it on him when Green busted in the front door and came at him.

Instead of getting his Glock 1st, he should have called or had his wife call 911.

Had he done that he would have had a strong defense. I called 911 but the police didn't get there fast enough.

He should have known that Maryland doesn't have a Castle Doctrine Law.
    If we called 911 every time we heard a noise outside, we'd probably be able to claim a deputy as a dependent on our taxes. His not calling 911 means nothing. And if some guy busts down your door in the middle of the night and charges at you, do you really think you're going to be debating castle doctrine in your head?
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

7. It doesn't matter what he used, gun, knife, hammer, bat, fists etc. You don't break into someones home at 2 am and expect a cup of coffee. I live in Mass, no love lost here for gun owners. Good luck to this guy.

Wow - what's next?

These type of ignorant laws and the lawyers who uphold them are the problem. How do they even sleep at night?!!?

If someone breaks down my front door at 2 AM I'm not going to ask him/her to wait a second while I call the cops. I'm going to put a few hollow points in him/her and save me and my family from what was about to happen.

If I find out afterwards that the dude was having an affair with my wife, then he probably should have waited until I wasn't home to get some more.

Reasonable fear of one's life justifies the use of deadly force to stop the threat, right?

And I totally subscribe to the saying "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12