First Encounter With LEO since receiving CCP. - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: First Encounter With LEO since receiving CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by unintentionalracist View Post
    Cool. Good for you. You and the 40 other people that live there can walk around and refuse to tell the 2 Vermont LEOs if you have a gun. Nice exit, pussing out on a technicality.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Yes! We can! All day.... All night.... In bars..... In cars....
    (I think you get my point. If not, I'll help you with the big words!)

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

Quote Originally Posted by unintentionalracist View Post
    Cool. Good for you. You and the 40 other people that live there can walk around and refuse to tell the 2 Vermont LEOs if you have a gun. Nice exit, pussing out on a technicality.

Not a very good argument. What's your point? Ask your lawyer if you should inform in a state without a statutory requirement to do so?
    VT is an absolutely beautiful state.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

4. Quote Originally Posted by unintentionalracist View Post

Youy say 40 people and 2 cops like it's a bad thing. I live in a town of 323 people with no cops and it sometimes feels crowded to me
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

5. Vemont is a beautifu state. I especially like the part around lake george.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT504MP View Post
    Vemont is a beautifu state. I especially like the part around lake george.
    lake george is in NY not VT

7. DOH! My bad. I meant lake champlain. One of these days I want to sail up the hudson go thru champlain and the locks & then down the st lawrence into the great lakes.

First Encounter With LEO since receiving CCP.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    And every single one of you are always welcome and invited to come visit.

Let me add that you are all welcome to live here too!

(I realized I forgot that part!!)

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

9. And every single one of you are always welcome and invited to come visit. Let me add that you are all welcome to live here too!

Your post jogged some old memories. My mom had a college friend who lived on the Canadian side on lake memframagog. A place of spectacular natural beauty. Fantastic fishing. We used to go up there every summer in august for a week. I learned to sail on that lake, when I was 8, in a really nice Hereshoff sailing dingy they owned. I remember sailing down to the US side. A simple buoy marked the border. I remember that Canadian and US currency was used interchangeably in the border town where we shopped & went to the movies, and the border ran right down the middle of some of the streets! Customs & Border control-some guy in a wooden booth that waved us thru. I went only intermittently after I was about 14. When I was 11, my dad & uncle had built a 22' Garvey bay boat, which they used to work the bay. That spring, summer & fall I started working with them, harvesting shellfish & eels on Great South Bay. It was hard work, raking clams, but the money was good. So I only vacationed there about a few times after that year, twice when I was in the Army & met my parents there on leave. My mom's friend passed away in the early 90's, so I never went after that.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT504MP View Post
    “why is the police officer more deserving to know about your lawfully carried firearm than the convenience store clerk?”

Because it makes my job a little less uncertain.

“The Department of Labor says there are nine or ten professions that workers are more likely to die on the job than police officers.”

So what? My dad was a lineman. He worked on high voltage transmission lines. The hazards he faced. Like the other professions you mentioned, are for the most part known, predictable and controllable. The hazards I face are for the most part unknown and unpredictable, as no two people or situations are the same. Other than the military, no other job I know has occupational hazards that include; violent death by gunfire, explosive device, edged weapon, blunt instrument, weapon of mass destruction or anything else the human mind can dream up.

“People claim to tell the officer about their permit and gun for the sake of the officer - either for their safety or to be "polite" or "respectful"… is to hope to gain favor in the officer's eyes to increase the chances of getting out of the ticket the person deserved to get.”

Personally IDGAD whether anyone “likes” or “respects” me. I only care about going home after I complete my shift. Traffic stops and summonses issued are based on my observations and the totality of the circumstances. To be fair, I always listen to the motorist’s explanation of events.

“why do you take the chance of…that opportunity to pull you out of the vehicle, take your gun from you, needlessly handle it, unload it, run the serial number to see if it is stolen and frisk you and search the allowable area of the vehicle all without your consent?”

Huh? If I'm pulling you out of your vehicle, you’re being arrested for a crime I observed you commit and your consent at that point is meaningless. New York is a no inform state. During any traffic or Terry stop I always ask if a person is armed. Two things then usually occur; a foot pursuit or the person informs me they have a pistol license. Depending on the time, place and circumstances, I may want to verify the serial number. OOS LEO’s. I come into contact with get their ID’s verified via call to their agency or thru the MDT.
    I work for Brinks. Every time I go make a pickup, should I stop and frisk every person that comes within 25 feet of me so my job can be less uncertain too? I'm in more danger than you are, so it makes sense, right? Or is it more acceptable for YOU because you're a mighty strong heroic police officer and I'm just a lowly 6 tour vet who drives a bulletproof truck for half what you make?

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Not a very good argument. What's your point? Ask your lawyer if you should inform in a state without a statutory requirement to do so?
    I believe what my little half as smart as me brother was trying to say was that CharlesMorrison knew that he was responding to him regarding the laws of the state that he lives in when my brother was highlighting that if you have a legal requirement to do so in the state you live in, then it would be obstruction (a crime) to lie or not answer. CharlesMorrison was just being confrontational because my little bro has a lower post count than him. Like it matters how many or how few anybody has posted. Look at blues, he posts crap all day and writes 2000 page dissertations on how wrong he thinks you are and how right he thinks he is and his opinion is worth less than cluznar's.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast