A law enforcement notification law that I would like to see passed.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A law enforcement notification law that I would like to see passed....

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Have you ever considered anger managment classes?

Come on man if you're walking your dog just say, you're walking your dog you start going off with this outhouse lawyer crap about am I being detained and chances are if your weren't you will be
    Man, you are a real piece of work. Not only do you think yourself so high above everybody else that you can tell them whether or not they should open carry, but you think you're qualified to tell total strangers how to conduct themselves on their own property. The pirate was at least 30 yards into my property. He had no business being there at all, and you have no business second-guessing me on either what I did or wished I'd had the presence of mind to do. Go pound sand Johnny Come Lately.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Have you ever considered anger managment classes?

Come on man if you're walking your dog just say, you're walking your dog you start going off with this outhouse lawyer crap about am I being detained and chances are if your weren't you will be
    The sock puppet has spoken...

I used to be a government-educated stooge. By the grace of God, I repent. -Robert Burris

4. Travelling with a permit

When travelling, it would be nice to know who requires notification of a permit and who does not.

I told them in Texas because they had a law.

In Colorado, I just didn't mention it. Why take a risk of having travel interrupted for the family?

Generally, those of us who have a permit are less likely to be violent, an offender, OR a violent offender.
    I have no problem telling the LEO that I'm one of the good guys.

In forty years, I've only been pulled over by one overzealous rookie cop.
    I'll assume the cop is a good guy, too.

In iowa there is no duty to inform, unless asked. I am wondering what has become of this country where we have so many public employees who believe that they are not subject to Constitutional limitations of their power. It is a dangerous situation when Congress, the President, and all public employees think that they are above the law and grant themselves waivers form the laws and Constitutional restrictions on their power.

Dash cameras are very reasonable in price and a concealed camera has become good insurance against the abuse of power. We are not yet a police state but we're getting there. Isolated examples of the abuse of power have always been present but there has been a recent deterioration in the respect for Constitutional limitations. The climate of abuse is being set in Washington.

6. Quote Originally Posted by buckey01 View Post
    In iowa there is no duty to inform, unless asked. I am wondering what has become of this country where we have so many public employees who believe that they are not subject to Constitutional limitations of their power. It is a dangerous situation when Congress, the President, and all public employees think that they are above the law and grant themselves waivers form the laws and Constitutional restrictions on their power.
    and a lot of the public, even some members of this forum, stand behind them and support their efforts to waive the Constitution and restrictions on their power.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Courts have ruled that you don't have 5th amendment rights unless you actually claim them, i.e. during a traffic stop, etc.
    As to recording stops, some cops don't like to recorded and will find something to charge you with, even for the recording itself.
    There are videos all over youtube showing bad outcomes from recording LEOs.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." --John Dryden,
    British poet, critic and playwright

Quote Originally Posted by counselorcop View Post
    When travelling, it would be nice to know who requires notification of a permit and who does not.

I told them in Texas because they had a law.

In Colorado, I just didn't mention it. Why take a risk of having travel interrupted for the family?

Generally, those of us who have a permit are less likely to be violent, an offender, OR a violent offender.
    I have no problem telling the LEO that I'm one of the good guys.

In forty years, I've only been pulled over by one overzealous rookie cop.
    I'll assume the cop is a good guy, too.
    there are many sources for the info you seek, it is up to you to learn and follow the laws of wherever you happen to be, unless you are very wealthy or a politician claiming ignorance of the law will rarely be a help to you

How about we all just refer them to the 2nd amendment and move on.

If you're walking the dog and you have a dog right there on a leash and you're in your front yard wouldn't it be easier to just say "I'm walking my dog"?
    Have you ever had an officer walk up to you and demand to know why you are sitting on your porch? Sometimes what they say and do is so stupid that it actually makes you become temporarily as stupid as the LEO asking the questions.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by unintentionalracist View Post
    Have you ever had an officer walk up to you and demand to know why you are sitting on your porch? Sometimes what they say and do is so stupid that it actually makes you become temporarily as stupid as the LEO asking the questions.
    That's an interesting way to put it in the context of what he was responding to. No one was "stupid," there was just a trespasser and a property owner. The trespasser thought his badge gave him the authority to demand to know what the property owner was doing on his own property. I hardly think it makes the property owner stupid, temporarily or otherwise, to believe that a cop has to have some legal reason to question them about anything, but especially about just being seen outside in his own backyard at 1:00 in the morning. Johnny thinks he's qualified to judge the property owner's reactions to such an event. That makes him stupid, not the property owner whose reactions were being discussed when Johnny spewed that tripe.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast