Random Saliva Tests in DFW (This Has me FUMING) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Random Saliva Tests in DFW (This Has me FUMING)

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I never really understood, did they take down all the people's information? For a DNA database? And how exactly is it going to reduce impaired driving accidents?
    No, they weren't taking names. I'm not sure how this was going to be used, but there was a much easier way to do this without bothering people. All they had to do was put up a sign that said "WE'RE FROM THE GOVERNMENT. PLEASE SPIT AT US AS YOU DRIVE BY". I'm certain they would have had no problem whatsoever getting enough saliva samples, in Texas or in any other state.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

As abuses of the 2nd Amendment has prevailed so does the 4th. The rapping of the COTUS continues. All in the name of "For the greater good of all". Screw the individual that the Bill of Rights protects.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Reist View Post
    I never really understood, did they take down all the people's information? For a DNA database? And how exactly is it going to reduce impaired driving accidents?
    It's all about control not safety. Take red light Cameras, it's all bout the money it generates not safety.

Block traffic, they are, and do not submit.

Two statements:

Am I being detained?

Am I free to leave?

Say nothing else, repeat for every question, statement or demand they make.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

At one time most people trusted and respected police. Now most are just afraid and intimidated by them. The local police involved in this incident, although off duty, were in uniform. Even if people were told that the tests were voluntary, the intimidation factor worked to get people to provide samples. If martial law was ever declared this incident gives you a hint of how easily people willh abdicate their rights. New Orleans and Boston were also dry runs for the comming tyranny.

We not only are losing more individual liberty with every incident like this; we are being trained to submit to authority. With most of our population becoming sheep, we are getting very close to tyranny. I would never submit to this type of violation without a warrant or arrest, but I think that we all know that a large majority will. I don't drink or use any illegal substances, but I will not give up my rights. If forced I will not passively accept it, and I certainly would take legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, if anyone is actually serious about ending drinking and driving, it's incredibly simple to do and it doesn't involve stopping innocent citizens and randomly testing them like this story and like DUI checkpoints.

Here it goes: Get the county sheriff to train and deputize about 200 persons for a weekend sting. Have them patrol the bars in the county in civvies around closing time. If they see a drunk person get in a car, radio it in and inform them the license plate and a description of the driver. Pull that person over and deal with only the drunk. You do this 2 or 3 times people will start bringing designated drivers with them.
    I've entertained this idea for several years.
    What I am unsure of is whether it would provide probable cause for pulling them over.

It would have near zero affect on alcoholics though.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by Gallstones View Post
    I've entertained this idea for several years.
    What I am unsure of is whether it would provide probable cause for pulling them over.

It would have near zero affect on alcoholics though.
    You have to be kidding me right? You wonder if a sworn deputy witnessing a stumbling drunk get into a car and drive off would be probably cause for another deputy in a car to pull that drunk over?

Yet with our current system, we herd everyone, regardless of probable cause, and funnel them into a DUI checkpoint to stop them all and the courts have no problem with this.

And it would have an effect on alcoholics. If those who chose to drink in a bar, rather than at home started getting more and more DUI's they would be off the street. You won't cure alcoholism, but you may cure them driving while high.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

So you have no problem with me pointing you out in a crowd to a police office, boy I sure do, none of your or their business. I have no problem with stopping weaving drivers and verifying their condition to drive, but everyone, is a different ball game, maybe they should stop you and your family going to the movie (just in case).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    So you have no problem with me pointing you out in a crowd to a police office, boy I sure do, none of your or their business. I have no problem with stopping weaving drivers and verifying their condition to drive, but everyone, is a different ball game, maybe they should stop you and your family going to the movie (just in case).
    If you were directing that question to me, then you have taken me out of context. Refer back to my original post (#6) where I mentioned deputizing about 200 deputies and have them stand around bars at closing time. If they witness a stumbling drunk get into the driver's seat of a car, then radio them in with their license plate to a deputy in a squad car. This was my idea to stop drunk driving if anyone was ever interested in doing so. It's obvious no one is interested in doing it, but they'd rather stop ALL people on a certain street or thoroughfare at a DUI checkpoint and violate everyone's rights.

If a deputy stationed at a bar around closing time sees an obvious drunk get into a car, I have no problem with that person pointing them out. I'd rather stop them sooner than later while drunk driving. Once they are already on the road weaving, then it would take someone to report that person and a squad car to get them off the street. If you have a deputy report them when they leave the bar, they won't be on the street long.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast