Random Saliva Tests in DFW (This Has me FUMING)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random Saliva Tests in DFW (This Has me FUMING)

Random Saliva Tests in DFW (This Has me FUMING)

...the survey was done by a government contractor, the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation, which is based in Calverton, Md.
    Does that sound strange to anyone else? The tests were voluntary. The problem was the way they harassed these people in an attempt to get them to participate.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Passive collection prior to consent? Are they insane? That kind of erases the voluntary aspect when they were forced to pull over.
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

I thought Texas was always held up as some bastion of freedom? Sounds like they are becoming just as much bastards of freedom as most of the rest of the US is. No state should allow the Federal government to do this. No state should allow the Federal government to harass the citizens for doing nothing more than living peaceful, law abiding lives.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I never really understood, did they take down all the people's information? For a DNA database? And how exactly is it going to reduce impaired driving accidents?
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons ~ For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup

I've said it before, I'll say it again, if anyone is actually serious about ending drinking and driving, it's incredibly simple to do and it doesn't involve stopping innocent citizens and randomly testing them like this story and like DUI checkpoints.

Here it goes: Get the county sheriff to train and deputize about 200 persons for a weekend sting. Have them patrol the bars in the county in civvies around closing time. If they see a drunk person get in a car, radio it in and inform them the license plate and a description of the driver. Pull that person over and deal with only the drunk. You do this 2 or 3 times people will start bringing designated drivers with them.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

No habla.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again, if anyone is actually serious about ending drinking and driving, it's incredibly simple to do and it doesn't involve stopping innocent citizens and randomly testing them like this story and like DUI checkpoints.

Here it goes: Get the county sheriff to train and deputize about 200 persons for a weekend sting. Have them patrol the bars in the county in civvies around closing time. If they see a drunk person get in a car, radio it in and inform them the license plate and a description of the driver. Pull that person over and deal with only the drunk. You do this 2 or 3 times people will start bringing designated drivers with them.
    And that designated driver will probably be me... How do you shake that job?? It's not that I want to drink... I just get tired of babysitting drunk people!
    Modern Whig
    "Government is not meant to burden Liberty but rather to secure it." -T.J. O'Hara

If this being done with the cooperation of FWPD they can take your information with a breathalyzer test and add that to all the other data taken at that time. I just can't see how DNA samples will deter impaired drivers from driving. DNA is their goal everything else is just window dressing to accomplish their goal. Keep asking if you are being detained and demanding the presence of a warrant before a search.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

11. I'd sit in that parking lot all day long before I'd consent to that
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast