How often do you get pulled over by LEO? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you get pulled over by LEO?

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Are there "show me your papers" roadblocks where you live though? They might call 'em "DUI Checks" or "Driver's License Checks," but in any case it's still being stopped by cops, and I'm pretty sure they happen in every state in the Union. If that's not true, I would actually think about moving. Those kinds of stops gall me to no end.

Blues
    I don't like those stops either.

Worse are the gate checks at military bases. Everyone (all passengers) have to show ID's, and they inspect everything (opening the trunk, looking in back seat, etc.).

Worst though is driving a commercial vehicle on base. Hubby drives a commercial van in his business. Whenever he has to go on base he and van get x-rayed in addition to being searched and mirrored.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Worse are the gate checks at military bases. Everyone (all passengers) have to show ID's, and they inspect everything (opening the trunk, looking in back seat, etc.).

Worst though is driving a commercial vehicle on base. Hubby drives a commercial van in his business. Whenever he has to go on base he and van get x-rayed in addition to being searched and mirrored.
    It's all for the safety of the children....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

We have to be more careful about speed the last few days of each month. That's when monthly quota/revenue speed traps are set up in our area. They're fairly conspicuous so it's no big deal.

4 times pulled over, 4 tickets recieve, last one I got was 8ish years ago.

I don't think the members here get pulled over a lot, I think like all forums, people join to ask the same question over and over when they haven't tried researching first.

Even less of us have defended ourselves with a weapon, but that topic comes up a lot more than "police notification" threads.

Sent from my SM-N920T using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post

On post is different. The terror threat creates a legitimate reason to emplacement security measures for access to a military installation
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    On post is different. The terror threat creates a legitimate reason to emplacement security measures for access to a military installation
    Oh, I understand it; it's just no fun. It used to be that Hubby and I having our military ID's was enough to get onto bases but not always true now.

8. 2010
    I was pulling Son's trailer (licensed in his state of residence with their typical 1/2 size plate) and a local SHP trooper couldn't figure it out w/o hassling me for 20 minutes.
    IIRC I've only been stopped 5 times in almost 50 years of having a drivers' license. Four of those times involved a commercial truck or pickup and trailer.

How often do you get pulled over by LEO?

I guess I'm par for the course. I've been stopped once by LEO about 17 mo ago. That being in Illinois at 1:30 am on I-80. It was winter with clear roads and no other traffic around. I drifted upwards of 80 mph and a State Trooper pulled me over. As I handed him my Driver and Carry licenses he noticed the handgun case on the passenger floor of my truck, saw the concealed license and asked if the gun was unloaded and the case locked. Both were true. He called in my ID and gave me a warning for the speed and wished me a safe drive home. No complaints about the encounter from me.
    Volunteer Firefighters: America's unpaid Professionals

I haven't been stopped since 1993(?) give or take a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last time I was stopped was in 2008 or 2009 for driving through a strangely marked intersection (on a green light) coming out of a mall. Of course the cop wanted me to inform when UNARMED, something TOTALLY outside of the law in Ohio. My response, "no".

I drive the speed limit and obey the traffic laws precisely because I have ZERO desire to interact with the police.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast