How often do you get pulled over by LEO? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How often do you get pulled over by LEO?

Blog Entries
    4 in all over 40 years, two speeding tickets in the early days. One check point about 20 years ago, the last time I was stopped was about a year ago, Leo's checking drivers licenses and insurance. Traffic was backed up for a half mile or more. As I watched some were allowed to proceed and many were pulled over to the side of the road where they were met by more Leo's. When I got to the front of the line which was about 15 minutes later I was asked for my drivers license, insurance and registration. Already had everything out and handed them to the officer with my CC permit right on top. He hesitated for a slight moment and asked if I had a weapon, to which I replied "yes", he then asked the location of my weapon and I told him, another slight moment and he handed my information back and said "sorry for the inconvenience sir, you may go and have a nice day". I watched him pretty closely and he did not look at the insurance card or the registration. Just my CC permit and maybe a glance at my DL. The actual stop took less than 30 seconds. It was a PITA and it made me late for a meeting.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bill Amsden View Post
    When I got to the front of the line which was about 15 minutes later I was asked for my drivers license, insurance and registration. Already had everything out and handed them to the officer with my CC permit right on top. He hesitated for a slight moment and asked if I had a weapon, to which I replied "yes", he then asked the location of my weapon and I told him, another slight moment
    Another case of showing the permit causing the officer to, in this case, ask needless questions. After you showed him your permit, what reason did he have to ask if you had a weapon unless he doubted the validity of your permit? You just showed him evidence that what weapon you might have was legal for you to have so what difference does it make if you had one or not? If you answered no, was he going to lecture you that you should always carry your gun with you? And what difference does it make where it was located in the vehicle? If you answered, "I keep it above my visor," was he going to lecture you about how unsafe he thought that location was?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    The last time I was stopped was in 2008 or 2009 for driving through a strangely marked intersection (on a green light) coming out of a mall. Of course the cop wanted me to inform when UNARMED, something TOTALLY outside of the law in Ohio. My response, "no".

I drive the speed limit and obey the traffic laws precisely because I have ZERO desire to interact with the police.
    Funny how the law protects criminals from having to inform.

5. Don't want any tickets, cost too much to pay for! A lot of license checks points and a few of those places asked for insurance.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    Funny how the law protects criminals from having to inform.
    The very first pistol permit system enacted in New York in 1911 was crafted by "Big" Tim Sullivan to protect mobsters from gun toting immigrants.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

It''s been 43 years since I've been pulled over by a LEO.
    AMERICA'S EPITAH
    Just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done.

8. Got pulled over for tag light out, since I was a local, he asked me to get it fixed, I thanked him, went back back to the back of the vehicle to see how many light were around the tag (2). Both were out, my 18 yr old truck was hard to find parts for, but its done. He never ran my license or asked if I was carrying. He was in plain clothes and that put up a flag for me!

I got pulled over in 1974 for speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by maestromsv View Post
    Got pulled over for tag light out, since I was a local, he asked me to get it fixed, I thanked him, went back back to the back of the vehicle to see how many light were around the tag (2). Both were out, my 18 yr old truck was hard to find parts for, but its done. He never ran my license or asked if I was carrying. He was in plain clothes and that put up a flag for me!

How petty, a tag light?

Absolutely no lights or brake lights I get, it's a safety thing, but a stinking tag light?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

11. Not all states and cities are the same. Michigan is basically a police state. They will pull you over for going one mile over the limit and want to search your car. I left the Detroit airport once after a flight. As soon as I turned-on my lights I knew I had a headlight out. In the 1 1/2 hours to drive home I got pulled over six times! For a lousy head light. I now live on the NH / Vt boarder. There are few cops and most are very nice. If you go a little over the limit they wave / motion for you to slow down. That would NEVER happen in Michigan. Yes, I worked as a corrections officer for ten years in MI. because of the pay and benefits. In that time I got a lot of speeding tickets because I was driving one to one and a half hours each way. And those cops NEVER ONCE cut me a break.
    If you live in an area where the police are nice and you don't drive much you may never get pulled over. Not all of us are that lucky.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast