The Charles Kinsley Shooting in North Miami
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Charles Kinsley Shooting in North Miami

Angry The Charles Kinsley Shooting in North Miami

... or even Bob Owens from Bearing Arms can't find a way to spin this bad shot by a North Miami SWAT officer:

Bearing Arms | HANDS UP, THEY SHOT: Caretaker of Autistic Man Blasted By Incompetent North Miami Cop
    Bearing Arms | North Miami SWAT Cop Shot Therapist In Order To “Save” Him From Unarmed Autistic Man

or

The Daily Beast | Charles Kinsey Did Everything Right. The Police Still Shot Him.

In short, there was a man with a gun 911 call. The officers arrived and found an autistic man playing with a toy truck and his care taker trying to deal with him on the street. The care taker informed the officers of the situation and that there was no lethal threat. The care taker laid down on the pavement with his hands up. An unnamed police officer who is a member of the North Miami SWAT team fired 3 shots at the autistic man, as he somehow perceived him as a threat. The officer missed his intended target and hit the care taker with 1 shot.

The Charles Kinsley Shooting in North Miami-48970881.cached.jpg

This looks like a combination of the comply or die attitude of law enforcement and poor marksmanship these days. Neither Kinsey nor the autistic man were armed. Kinsey survived and was transported to the hospital, but only after being handcuffed which is also odd as he was not a suspect. Kinsey’s attorney, Hilton Napoleon, told the Miami Herald he is in settlement talks with the city. I wonder if the officer will be charged at all. I wonder if the officer had actually hit his intended target would he have been charged at all. I know if a non-LEO did that, he would have been charged.

Wow! This shooting is screwed up on so many levels. What the hell are they teaching these guys in cop school?

My prediction is Mr. Kinsley is going to become very wealthy. Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

From The Washington Post | Second North Miami police officer on leave for ‘conflicting statements’ about shooting of unarmed man:

The officer who fired three rounds, striking Kinsey once in the leg, was identified Friday as Jonathan Aledda, a SWAT team member and four-year veteran of the department who had been singled out in the past for his tenacity and police work. Aledda, whose first name was also spelled “Jonathon” in documents released Friday, has been placed on leave because of the shooting.

Spring said that Cmdr. Emile Hollant was placed on leave due to “evidence of conflicting statements” he gave to investigators. He declined to elaborate on what Holland said.

From Local 10 News | North Miami police Officer Jonathan Aledda identified in controversial shooting:

Sources told Local 10 News that Hollant was the voice on the radio telling dispatch and other officers that someone had a gun. They said he then lied to investigators, telling them he wasn't even at the scene when the shooting happened.

5. They are now saying that it was an accidental shooting. Hmmmm. The gun just fired by itself? The officer didn't pull the trigger? He couldn't have, he was trained to keep his finger off the trigger until he was ready to shoot. Accidental my A$$.

Quote Originally Posted by DGeorge View Post
    They are now saying that it was an accidental shooting. Hmmmm. The gun just fired by itself? The officer didn't pull the trigger? He couldn't have, he was trained to keep his finger off the trigger until he was ready to shoot. Accidental my A$$.
    Only Bob Owens from Bearing Arms initially tried to spin this as a negligent discharge. However, based on the statements made and the evidence available, the shooting itself was intentional, where the intended target was missed and another person was hit.

All because cops just ain't gonna be disrespected by the Serfs...

Quote Originally Posted by mikestone967 View Post
    All because cops just ain't gonna be disrespected by the Serfs...
    Are they actually teaching that Contempt of Cop is a Capital Offense yet? Perhaps so, since it's worthy of summary execution in the field anymore.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

It seems everyone from the beginning knew this was a screw up and even before the smoke had cleared the city was talking about a settlement. I don't buy the "trying to save him" crap the police union guy is saying. It was just the best excuse they could come up with of which everyone can see right through. You don't handcuff someone you allegedly tried to rescue then let them bleed out for 20 minutes without rendering aid.

The police commander was suspended without pay for giving false statements about the incident but it is unclear what those statements were but I can venture a guess it was an effort to spin the facts to justify or cover-up the shooting.

Personally I believe the cop fired his weapon by accident. Had his finger on the trigger when he shouldn't and was probably about to change his firing angle or move to another position and accidentally pulled the trigger. His weapon was set on a three round burst which would explain the three rounds fired. Probably his first round hit and the other two impacted on the pavement over the 2 victims.

Being the police and all they can't admit they made a mistake. Mr. Kinsey's atty had it right when he said the police would have been far better off admitting to this cluster **** and saying sorry but instead they chose to go this route and probably not the first time either. The commander should be fired for lying same as the cop who pulled the trigger.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

And the cops get to sit at home on paid administrative leave, sometimes for years, while the investigators - usually from inside their own police forces - come up with ways to exonerate them of all wrongdoing. Then they get to claim they have PTSD and get paid more money for that.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

1. If it was an accident, how did you "accidentally" shoot THREE distinct shots?
    2. If you were shooting to "protect" the guy you shot, why did you stop shooting when the alleged "threat" was clearly NOT neutralized?
    3. If you thought the person whom you shot was the "victim", why did you HANDCUFF him and allow him to bleed out for twenty minutes?
    4. If it was a "split second decision", how did it come to be made a good TWENTY MINUTES into the incident?

This ENTIRE fiasco is a snake pit of incompetence and infantile lies to cover up the incompetence.

This debacle only confirms my equation of police unions with Black Lies Matter and NAMBLA. Some have told the union guy to shut up. I say "Keep talking, people need to know what you're REALLY all about."

Doubtless the perpetrators are UTTERLY baffled as to why people neither trust nor respect the police...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast