Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 114

Thread: Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    Some of what you say is true and could of and should of been done differently. That is what a Monday morning quarter back does. Like I always told my kids and anyone I train "do what is right and moral, expecially when no one is watching". It is easy to sit back and judge someone after an incident. I have seen citizens that with very little training react the exact same way when put into similar situations. 9 out of 10 shoot the suspect. As far as the the video goes since it doesn't show what led up to the shooting, one has to believe the officers on scene or someone who is so calm when their body Daddy was shot right in front of them. I guess that I know where you're beliefs are.
    The problem is that LEOs are judged differently than non-LEOs. If I had done the same thing that Officer Jeronimo Yanez did in trying to stop a suspected felon, I would have been charged with manslaughter. Since Officer Yanez came up with a nice excuse that is accepted in society these days and has the backing of law enforcement and prosecution, he won't. Same goes for the Miami SWAT team in the Charles Kinsley shooting, the Cleveland officers in the Tamir Rice shooting, and the local cop in my area that jumped in the truck bed of a fleeing suspected drunk driver and shot him.

    Thank you for agreeing with me that the piss-poor bully attitude and piss-poor training of officers is akin to untrained non-LEOs. That was exactly my point.

    You have no clue about my beliefs and who I am. You are just judging me based on a few posts in this thread and your own bias toward people that don't think like you. Your attempted derogative comments regarding "body Daddy" show, however, your bias.

  2.   
  3. Wrong again about bias, I was repeating what she called him. And I am not judging you either your comments show that you are bias because like the media jumping on the first possible explanation, than repeating it several times doesn't mean it happened that way. You called the traffic stop an excuse when in fact he stopped the vehicle because it matched the description of a vehicle that left the scene of an armed robbery and the suspect that was shot happened to be known by the officers. We were not there to see what the cop saw and he did not have a body cam. I am not trying to convince you that I right and you are wrong. Police Officers do make mistakes and sometimes they die or the kill someone. True story. But it is easy to say that it's because of poor quality training, truth is how much training do you exspect them to get and where is the money going to come from? Until we understand why people break the law and why we react the way we do, all the training in the world won't be enough for everyone. Also until the media stops jumping to conclusions thinking what a story or speculating on why someone did or didn't do something, we will continue to be arguing who's opinion is right

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    Wrong again about bias, I was repeating what she called him.
    Please cite your quote then.

    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    And I am not judging you either your comments show that you are bias because like the media jumping on the first possible explanation, than repeating it several times doesn't mean it happened that way. You called the traffic stop an excuse when in fact he stopped the vehicle because it matched the description of a vehicle that left the scene of an armed robbery and the suspect that was shot happened to be known by the officers.
    Please re-read my posts and stop making things up. I never said what you say here. Feel free to quote my posts, but when you start making things up, you just show that you are losing the argument. I clearly stated that it was a felony stop. I never jumped on the first possible explanation. Again, free to quote my posts if you want to make a valid argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    We were not there to see what the cop saw and he did not have a body cam. I am not trying to convince you that I right and you are wrong. Police Officers do make mistakes and sometimes they die or the kill someone. True story. But it is easy to say that it's because of poor quality training, truth is how much training do you exspect them to get and where is the money going to come from? Until we understand why people break the law and why we react the way we do, all the training in the world won't be enough for everyone. Also until the media stops jumping to conclusions thinking what a story or speculating on why someone did or didn't do something, we will continue to be arguing who's opinion is right.
    It is easy to blame something on inadequate training when it clearly is. You are free to convince me otherwise by explaining to me how the actions of the officers in these 4 cases were according to police training.

    We are not speculating on why someone did or didn't do something. We are talking about if actions were justified or not. The same standard that applies when a non-LEO faces a post-shooting investigation.

  5. I guess if everyone was perfect we would not be talking about this. Again it would be great it cops were robots but their not their humans with feeling, families and put their lives on the line everyday at lower pay then the trashman. All I can say is if people would just comply with police commands or simply stop breaking the law. If that would happen training wouldn't be an issue.

    You talk about 4 incidents out of hundreds of thousands on police contacts with no problems and you say it is training. Remarkable, but that's right I'm just making things up. Good luck with that.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    I guess if everyone was perfect we would not be talking about this. Again it would be great it cops were robots but their not their humans with feeling, families and put their lives on the line everyday at lower pay then the trashman. All I can say is if people would just comply with police commands or simply stop breaking the law. If that would happen training wouldn't be an issue.

    You talk about 4 incidents out of hundreds of thousands on police contacts with no problems and you say it is training. Remarkable, but that's right I'm just making things up. Good luck with that.
    So, no quotes, no rebuttal of my arguments, no apology for making stuff up, just another reply with the same BS: Stop breaking the law and you won't get shot. Should the same apply to police officers then? You see your problem here, right? Charles Kinsey and Philando Castile didn't break any law. The responding officers did and got off the hook.

    There are certainly more than the 4 incidents I posted. Most police contacts involve benign traffic stops. The problem is with those contacts that require more training. You seem to ignore the fact that the officers in all these 4 incidents disregarded officer safety. Better training is all about improving officer safety. As a LEO, you should know that!

  7. I get it now you want me to apologize for saying cops are human and make mistakes. Are you the media? Because they are who I said are jumping to conclusions and speculating. Officer safety is paramount and again do some officers put themselves in positions of danger, oh yeah they do. No matter what a cop does they are under a microscope and someone always thinks they could have done it differently. Thing is I know that I may have done something different or maybe even done the same thing. I can say one way or another and the fact is neither can you. But if you are media than I wish you well and have a nice day.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    I get it now you want me to apologize for saying cops are human and make mistakes. Are you the media? Because they are who I said are jumping to conclusions and speculating. Officer safety is paramount and again do some officers put themselves in positions of danger, oh yeah they do. No matter what a cop does they are under a microscope and someone always thinks they could have done it differently. Thing is I know that I may have done something different or maybe even done the same thing. I can say one way or another and the fact is neither can you. But if you are media than I wish you well and have a nice day.
    You posted the following:

    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    And I am not judging you either your comments show that you are bias because like the media jumping on the first possible explanation, than repeating it several times doesn't mean it happened that way. You called the traffic stop an excuse when in fact he stopped the vehicle because it matched the description of a vehicle that left the scene of an armed robbery and the suspect that was shot happened to be known by the officers.
    Both parts in bold are lies. I am not "the media". But you claim that I show bias like the media, jumping on the first possible explanation. That's an outright lie. You claim that I called the traffic stop an excuse. I never did. That's another lie.

    You are either not a LEO or a highly incompetent one. You have not posted anything of substance here. It is up to you to convince me otherwise.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,761
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    But if you are media than I wish you well and have a nice day.
    This is precisely why I record every interaction with cops from beginning to end. If they see my camera(s) and say exactly what you said above, and then leave me the heck alone, I will post the video and Title it something like, "Good Cop Respected My Rights." If you say that and then keep questioning me, demanding ID with no lawful basis, order me out of my car or off the public sidewalk I'm on or whatever, I will Title the video something like, "Tyrant Alert! Cop Fails 1st/4th/5th Amendment Audit!"

    Every citizen has the constitutional right to be their own media representative. Your disdain for the rights of media, even with media with whom you have valid reasons to distrust and/or dislike, is indicative of your disdain for the free exercise of rights by all Americans unless they have your permission to "freely" exercise them.

    As a citizen who holds truth above all else, I would dearly love to know that bofh was a writer in some major media, but it's because he tells the truth so often and so succinctly, that I know he's not. As good as I think he'd be at it though, having an idea what he actually does do for living, I am pretty sure he's better at that than he would be at being a media contributor. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think bofh is probably better-trained than 100% of America's street-level uniformed cops. I know for a fact that he's better at relating truth and well-reasoned analysis than any cop who's ever been on this board, or on this thread for that matter.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  10. You said "Since Officer Yanez came up with a nice excuse that is accepted in social these days and has the backing of law enforcement and prosecution, he won't." And you are repeating what the media is feeding the public so how is that lying? Good debate.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  11. Just what someone that repeats media lies would say. And I said I wasn't trying to convince you of anything or change your mind. This was a fun debate not s why you would stupe to name calling. Good afternoon.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast