Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 114

Thread: Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    You said "Since Officer Yanez came up with a nice excuse that is accepted in social these days and has the backing of law enforcement and prosecution, he won't." And you are repeating what the media is feeding the public so how is that lying? Good debate.
    Officer Yanez's excuse was that he feared for his life and shot in self defense. Since the word of an officer counts more than any one else's witness account, he will not be charged despite the fact that Officer Yanez was not in danger at all. He was just afraid of his own shadow.

    I have stated clearly:

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Assuming for a moment that Officer Jeronimo Yanez's statements are true, he was stopping a suspected armed robber, i.e., making a felony stop. However, what he did was no such thing. He stopped Castile's car, walked up to it and asked for license and registration based on a busted tail light. Why? That's not how a felony stop is done.
    Yet you stated the following lie:

    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    You called the traffic stop an excuse when in fact he stopped the vehicle because it matched the description of a vehicle that left the scene of an armed robbery and the suspect that was shot happened to be known by the officers.
    It is now clear to me why you don't see your error. You are highly incompetent and you are biased.

    PS: All my posts up to this point are based on the assumptions that Officer Yanez's statements are true. We can certainly talk about the other case, i.e., he made this felony stop story up after the fact and Castile was stopped for "driving while black".
    Last edited by bofh; 10-09-2016 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Added PS.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    This is precisely why I record every interaction with cops from beginning to end. If they see my camera(s) and say exactly what you said above, and then leave me the heck alone, I will post the video and Title it something like, "Good Cop Respected My Rights." If you say that and then keep questioning me, demanding ID with no lawful basis, order me out of my car or off the public sidewalk I'm on or whatever, I will Title the video something like, "Tyrant Alert! Cop Fails 1st/4th/5th Amendment Audit!"

    Every citizen has the constitutional right to be their own media representative. Your disdain for the rights of media, even with media with whom you have valid reasons to distrust and/or dislike, is indicative of your disdain for the free exercise of rights by all Americans unless they have your permission to "freely" exercise them.

    As a citizen who holds truth above all else, I would dearly love to know that bofh was a writer in some major media, but it's because he tells the truth so often and so succinctly, that I know he's not. As good as I think he'd be at it though, having an idea what he actually does do for living, I am pretty sure he's better at that than he would be at being a media contributor. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I think bofh is probably better-trained than 100% of America's street-level uniformed cops. I know for a fact that he's better at relating truth and well-reasoned analysis than any cop who's ever been on this board, or on this thread for that matter.

    Blues
    Nice, I personally have been videoed on the job a lot. I welcome it. I work in an area that is under constant video surveillance. I also wear a body cam and the first 10 years of my career I worked for a Sheriff who made it policy that all contacts were to be either on video or at least recorded. I have even by accused of making racist comments on a traffic stop. The video made the Attorney look like an idiot. I believe in the Constitution. But I don't like it when the media shows bias on one thing and goes out of their way to ignore something that is as bad if not worse. I believe that everytime that the media sensationalizes anything that causes mobs to destroy property or hurt more people it takes away from the original victim.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  4. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Officer Yanez's excuse was that he feared for his life and shot in self defense. Since the word of an officer counts more than any one else's witness account, he will not be charged despite the fact that Officer Yanez was not in danger at all. He was just afraid of his own shadow.

    I have stated clearly:



    Yet you stated the following lie:



    It is now clear to me why you don't see your error. You are highly incompetent and you are biased.

    PS: All my posts up to this point are based on the assumptions that Officer Yanez's statements are true. We can certainly talk about the other case, i.e., he made this felony stop story up after the fact and Castile was stopped for "driving while black".
    There you go again with the name calling. The link I posted earlier is why in my opinion the stop was made. Should the officer made a felony stop, again I was not there, were you? Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    There you go again with the name calling. The link I posted earlier is why in my opinion the stop was made. Should the officer made a felony stop, again I was not there, were you? Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott
    Can you read! Please explain the difference between what I posted and what you posted:

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Assuming for a moment that Officer Jeronimo Yanez's statements are true, he was stopping a suspected armed robber, i.e., making a felony stop. However, what he did was no such thing. He stopped Castile's car, walked up to it and asked for license and registration based on a busted tail light. Why? That's not how a felony stop is done.
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    You called the traffic stop an excuse when in fact he stopped the vehicle because it matched the description of a vehicle that left the scene of an armed robbery and the suspect that was shot happened to be known by the officers.
    If Officer Jeronimo Yanez's intent was to stop an armed robbery suspect, then he should have conducted a proper felony stop. He didn't. He conducted a basic traffic stop. My question is, why? Was he so poorly trained that he did't know that you just don't walk up to the driver-side window of an armed robbery suspect? By doing so, he put himself and everyone else in danger. He also limited his options in case something doesn't go according to plan. Well, something didn't go according to plan. He stopped the wrong person, got spooked by something and killed him. Are you telling me that this is not clear evidence of lack of training?

    One could argue that Officer Yanez was walking up to the driver-side window, because he wasn't stopping an armed robbery suspect. As I said, up until now, this entire discussion is based on the assumption that Officer Yanez's statement is truthfully.

    In either case, Officer Yanez shot and killed an innocent person who had a carry permit and broke no law.

  6. #35
    So now you know the circumstances of the shooting and know it was justified, as I've said all along.

  7. Here is more proof that the officer stop the vehicle because it matched the description of a robbery suspect. He is not the first officer to tell someone they know a different reason to take them off guard. I've done with a stolen vehicle, because my backup was 20 miles away. Also the driver known by police and was identified on video by Yanez before the stop. It is still not clear if he was the suspect or not unless you know something police don't. Did I mention that his gun was on his lap. I hope this will clear things up for you.



    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  8. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    So now you know the circumstances of the shooting and know it was justified, as I've said all along.
    Which one? The one in the OP? From my post #2:

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    The evidence is pointing toward that the shooting was justified, given the current "comply or die" laws. LEOs far too often put themselves into a situation where they have no other option than to shoot as directed by SOP.
    What's your point?

  9. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    Here is more proof that the officer stop the vehicle because it matched the description of a robbery suspect. He is not the first officer to tell someone they know a different reason to take them off guard. I've done with a stolen vehicle, because my backup was 20 miles away. Also the driver known by police and was identified on video by Yanez before the stop. It is still not clear if he was the suspect or not unless you know something police don't. Did I mention that his gun was on his lap. I hope this will clear things up for you.

    Please quote my post where I said that Officer Yanez didn't stop the vehicle because it matched the description of a robbery suspect. I am waiting.

    The driver was known by the police for traffic tickets issued in a policing for profit scheme. He had a carry permit and passed a criminal background check. That the gun was in his lap is an unproven allegation and still no reason to shoot him. Feel free to continue your mudslinging, confirming your bias. None of this legally justifies the shooting, by the way.

  10. Really, you ask for evidence and all over YouTube there are videos that show a gun on his lap and you ask what's your point. You don't want proof or evidence you just want to keep the same narrative the he was "driving while black" your words not mine. So black cop shoots black man with a gun; Charlotte, and a mexican cop shoots black man with a gun in his lap under his wallet and automatically it due to a lack of training. Sorry if I don't buy it. Other than the incident in Charleston I don't believe cops are out to shoot someone just because their black.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    Really, you ask for evidence and all over YouTube there are videos that show a gun on his lap and you ask what's your point. You don't want proof or evidence you just want to keep the same narrative the he was "driving while black" your words not mine. So black cop shoots black man with a gun; Charlotte, and a mexican cop shoots black man with a gun in his lap under his wallet and automatically it due to a lack of training. Sorry if I don't buy it. Other than the incident in Charleston I don't believe cops are out to shoot someone just because their black.
    There is no video that clearly shows a gun in Castile's lap. According to the video you posted: "There are certain freeze frames that might indicate a gun in his lap." Yeah, right, you have real proof here. I have seen videos of UFOs as well.

    The rest of your post is just ranting as the lies and misdirections you posted are unraveling. Now you bring race into the issue, which I have not done in this entire discussion. You are a "real class act"!

    It has become clear that you do not want to have a civilized discussion about police shootings and the lack of training in this country. You just want to perpetrate the BS narrative: Stop breaking the law and you won't get shot. Good luck with that.

    PS: I am still waiting on your answer to my numerous requests to set the record straight on what you think I posted:

    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Please quote my post where I said that Officer Yanez didn't stop the vehicle because it matched the description of a robbery suspect. I am waiting.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast