Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott

Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    Well let us look at this incident closer. This trooper had the same thing happen to him in 5 points and that individual came out with a gun. This one here he was fired and convicted for attempted murder. I am glad that the young man who was shot is ok now. I am also glad that the trooper is not longer a cop.
    So then you're saying that he DIDN'T refuse to obey the cop and was shot anyway?

And define "ok"? Does that mean he's just not DEAD?

Are his normal movements impaired? Does he live with constant pain? Do you CARE?

And no comment on the other cases?

4. I cannot reply on the others because we're I saw the video of the Miami case it was not complete, and I believe it is still under investigation. The SCHP case I can because that case is closed and the trooper is serving time after he plead guilty in that shooting. The other one I will have to look at and get back with you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5. Just my two cents about Mr Gruley, the officer he this case lost his job was convicted of a felony is being sued for wrongful death (53m) did he deserve to be jailed maybe, but the jury gave him 5 years probation and 2000 hrs. community service. Have civilians been given similar sentences, yes they have. So far two out of three are not and will not be cops anymore. So basically as Reba says evil can be found everywhere as well as good. I try to respect everyone, it is the behavior that I don't like in people.

Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    I cannot reply on the others because we're I saw the video of the Miami case it was not complete, and I believe it is still under investigation. The SCHP case I can because that case is closed and the trooper is serving time after he plead guilty in that shooting. The other one I will have to look at and get back with you.
    If I'm not mistaken, the North Miami police THEMSELVES say that Kinsey obeyed EVERY one of their orders.

They still shot him.

They have issued AT LEAST three mutually exclusive excuses for the shooting.

That's almost ALWAYS a sign of deception, and is a hallmark of FALSE claims of police misconduct, like the false "witness" statements in the shooting of Michael Brown.

Likewise, when the story the police tell changes that often in that short a period of time, it's reliable evidence that THEY are lying.

This is all I could find as followup on his injury.

Levar Jones didn't receive proper care at Palmetto Health - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina

As of March 14, 2016

". . . [Levar] Jones was shot in the hip and survived. He walked into the courtroom Monday with a noticeable limp and played with a Rubik's Cube before the hearing started...."

White trooper pleads guilty in shooting of unarmed black man in South Carolina - LA Times

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    This is all I could find as followup on his injury.
    I didn't look too closely at the media local to the area, but I'm sure the comments were replete with the usual "ghetto lottery" narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I didn't look too closely at the media local to the area, but I'm sure the comments were replete with the usual "ghetto lottery" narrative.
    A little more current (Sept. 12, 2016) from my local SC paper:

Man shot by state trooper who pleaded guilty in March wants faster sentencing - Post and Courier

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    In his statement, taken a week after the shooting, Groubert said: “The subject was highly aggressive and belligerent and ready to attack me from the second I initiated the traffic stop.”
    Typical. That's what my lawyer friends who deal with the police on a regular basis call "testilying".

11. You would be right that is testilying. And unfortunately the trooper was like anyone else, lied trying to justify what he did hoping to get by with it. Point is he plead guilty without a full trial. It is human nature to embellish in attempt to hide guilt, almost all children have done it and if they get away with it this behavior can follow them into adulthood. Is it wrong yes. Does it happen yes. It is unfortunate when police officers or departments do it to cover up wrong doing. I truly hope that in the cases that this has happened the truth comes out. Should every police agency or officer be lumped together, no. Nor should every person of any race, ethnicity or religion be lumped together as bad or good either. People should be treated with respect and dignity at all times.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast