Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Police right in shooting Keith Lamont Scott

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by trmac2016 View Post
    Too many people will lie to stay out of trouble or promote a their view of an issue or incident. That's why we use reasonable suspicion and probable cause in to prosecute violations of law.
    I think I saw where you are a Trump supporter. Forgive me if I'm mistaken about that, but assuming I'm not, how does RAS and PC fit in with stop and frisk, which Trump said he wants to institute nationwide even though it's been ruled unconstitutional in the #1 place where it had been employed for a couple (or more) decades before that ruling, New York City?

RAS is itself a usurpation of the Fourth Amendment. Probable Cause (PC) is the constitutional standard, but the unconstitutional-acting Supreme Court has sided with law enforcement against The Peoples' fundamental rights to lower that (and many other) standard to make government's job easier than The People authorized it to be.

And BTW, stop and frisk is all about getting guns off the street. How very Second Amendment compliant of a law enforcement activity for Donald Trump to support, eh? [/sarcasm]

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I think I saw where you are a Trump supporter. Forgive me if I'm mistaken about that, but assuming I'm not, how does RAS and PC fit in with stop and frisk, which Trump said he wants to institute nationwide even though it's been ruled unconstitutional in the #1 place where it had been employed for a couple (or more) decades before that ruling, New York City?
    I attribute that to the malign influence of Giuliani, who all along has believed that the 2nd Amendment means something entirely different in Brooklyn, NYC than in Brooklyn, Ohio.

Nobody can seem to explain how, if that's true, the 13th Amendment doesn't mean something entirely different in Canton, Mississippi than it does in Canton, Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    I attribute that to the malign influence of Giuliani, who all along has believed that the 2nd Amendment means something entirely different in Brooklyn, NYC than in Brooklyn, Ohio.

Nobody can seem to explain how, if that's true, the 13th Amendment doesn't mean something entirely different in Canton, Mississippi than it does in Canton, Ohio.
    Giuliani's record is certainly awash in rights-deprivation enforcement activities, but that doesn't address Trump's recent call for instituting S&F nationwide in spite of NY's version of it having already been ruled unconstitutional. It also doesn't address how gun owners can so enthusiastically support Trump, at least partially based on his claim of being Second Amendment-friendly. S&F is anti-2A in and of itself, but all Trump has said about being "friends" with the 2A is that we already have enough gun laws. In other words, being 2A friendly means holding the status quo in place, and the status quo is anything but 2A compliant to begin with. I really just wonder if Trump supporters honestly believe that he'd do one single thing to repeal federal gun control laws that are, on their face, unconstitutional. That's what I was trying to get at.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Giuliani's record is certainly awash in rights-deprivation enforcement activities, but that doesn't address Trump's recent call for instituting S&F nationwide in spite of NY's version of it having already been ruled unconstitutional.
    Actually, that might very well address it.

Do you know to what extent Giuliani influences Trump?

Me neither.

I'm voting for Trump, not enthusiastically, but because I have no other meaningful option, since if Clinton gets elected, the question is not, "Will there be another Waco?". It's "How MANY Wacos will there be... weekly?"

The Democrats are anti-gun.
    The Libertarians have BECOME anti-gun.
    The Greens are anti-gun.

Show me an alternative that doesn't end up with Lon Horiuchi coming out of retirement...

6. Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post

Me neither.

I'm voting for Trump, not enthusiastically, but because I have no other meaningful option, since if Clinton gets elected, the question is not, "Will there be another Waco?". It's "How MANY Wacos will there be... weekly?"

The Greens are anti-gun.

Show me an alternative that doesn't end up with Lon Horiuchi coming out of retirement...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Did you have any sort of comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post

Me neither.

The Greens are anti-gun.

There are no people who are acceptable alternatives to me. There are only life-choices that I make as an individual that keeps me free. Whether you like it or not, or even know it or not, that is as true for you as it is for me. I know many people don't care to hear that, and I'm sure this will be followed by someone saying if you don't vote, you have no right to complain, but when it gets right down to it anymore, I really don't complain much about what politicians do or don't do because I am trying as hard as I can, as fast as I can, to eliminate as much as I can of my relationship to government and its relationship to me.

Rather than advocate for one candidate or party over another who I know will never work to increase freedom in this country, my only answer is to tell you (very generally) what I'm doing to increase my own freedom, and part of that is freeing myself from the bonds of expectations of others that I serve some collective interests over and above my own liberty interests. If voting worked, it would be illegal. Since it doesn't work, I don't do it anymore, that's pretty much it.

Without intending any disrespect, I have to say that I pity those who are so chained to the idea of government that they feel they have to vote for a man that nearly everyone who says they're going to vote for him, say they'll do it reluctantly, or they'll hold their nose - whatever. There is a certain liberation to letting go of nationalism and patriotism, and just living one's life according to what makes them happy and fulfilled. It got to where politics and patriotic fervor just drained me. I installed two more solar panels this morning and worked in the garden for a little while. That drained me too, but fulfilled me at the same time. In two years' time I'll be able to tell the government-regulated power utility the same thing I've already told the government-regulated water utility; get lost. In five years' time, possibly as many as eight, I will pay off the house/property that we just bought a little more than a year ago. Then I will perfect my land patent and actually own the place, completely and totally independent of state or federal government. Anyone can do it and be as free as this country has ever, or will ever, allow for, but very few are of a mindset that they truly are free to begin with, so putting in the extraordinarily hard work it takes to achieve it for themselves and kick government out of their lives in the process, is just too much to see through to the goal. And for many, it's not their goal to begin with, but it is mine and my wife's, and we're making it happen one day at a time.

I'm sure that was neither the reply you were expecting or asking for, but it's the only honest one I have to give. I sincerely hope you get what you want out of voting for Trump, but I can't help being extremely pessimistic that you will. Good luck in any case.

Blues

9. "Stop and frisk" or a Terry stop was not found unconstitutional. The way the NYPD were conducting "Stop and frisk" was deemed unconstitutional based on the number of young black and hispanic males. The Judge did not recommend stopping the practice, just to change policies that made it appear racially motivated.

The practice was to take illegal guns off the streets of NYC. What does that mean, you ask? It means any person in possession of a hand gun without a permit to carry, with mean almost everyone. It is my understanding that it is hard to obtain a carry or even a premise permit. If anyone is going against the NRA it is NYC.

Is Stop-and-Frisk Unconstitutional?

I sincerely hope you get what you want out of voting for Trump, but I can't help being extremely pessimistic that you will. Good luck in any case.
    My goal is for Hillary Clinton to not be President of the United States of America, the worst of all POSSIBLE outcomes. Barring the use of violence, voting for Donald Trump is my ONLY way of achieving that.

"Stop and frisk" or a Terry stop was not found unconstitutional. The way the NYPD were conducting "Stop and frisk" was deemed unconstitutional based on the number of young black and hispanic males. The Judge did not recommend stopping the practice, just to change policies that made it appear racially motivated.

The practice was to take illegal guns off the streets of NYC. What does that mean, you ask? It means any person in possession of a hand gun without a permit to carry, with mean almost everyone. It is my understanding that it is hard to obtain a carry or even a premise permit. If anyone is going against the NRA it is NYC.

Is Stop-and-Frisk Unconstitutional?

The way stop and frisk was used in NYC was by design. It was a display of domination and that was understood from the start.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast