got pulled over the other night

Thread: got pulled over the other night

got pulled over the other night

Got pulled over the other night for using my "offroad lights" on a back country road. my mistake. Anywho, cop pulled me over, asked for my drivers license, I handed him my license and my GFL(GA. Firearms License, or CCP, or CCL, whatever your flavor). He then asked for my registration and insurance. Looked at all of the paperwork, told me to keep my "offroad lights" for offroad use only and sent me on my way. Didn't mention a thing about the GFL, didn't seem to even be bothered by it. Great encounter.

Glad to see that the encounter turned out so well. However, a word of advice: Don't let LEOs in Georgia know that you're carrying unless they ask. Georgia does not require anyone to volunteer that they're carrying unless asked by LEO; since he didn't ask you, you were not obligated to divulge that you were carrying.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

what can it hurt by offering the information before being asked?

Quote Originally Posted by ram1500dodge View Post
    what can it hurt by offering the information before being asked?
    Because you never know if the LEO you're dealing with is an *********. If he had turned out to be one, you probably would have wished that you had never told him.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I shall refrain from giving that information until asked then...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ram1500dodge View Post
    I shall refrain from giving that information until asked then...thanks
    No problem.

By the way, I see that these are your first three posts on this site. Welcome to USA Carry.

Benjamin Franklin

thanks, i appreciate it.

By "off road lights", I'm assuming you mean like some KC lights on a rail over your cab, or something?
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    By "off road lights", I'm assuming you mean like some KC lights on a rail over your cab, or something?

I thought he was referring to his 4-way hazard lights.

Benjamin Franklin

KC lights is what I was refering too, ones that make the night time seem like day time.