This happened to me on Wednesday... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This happened to me on Wednesday...

Maybe a nice donation to the PBA might help you in the future...
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

1. Get your gas receipt - and note the time.
    2. Bring a map to court - taped to a poster board with the two locations circled and the time for each.
    3. Bring your copy of the citation.
    4. Call the prosecutor's office - and ask for your copy of the 'Discovery Evidence'.
    5. Basically build your case to prove that it was a case of mistaken identity -- similar red Mustangs, wrong Guy.
    6. Be polite and respectful.
    Very Respectfully,
    CAPTAIN MIKE
    www.GetYourCCW.Biz

Red Mustangs are a dime a dozen... Could be anybody. Anyway, get all of your ducks in a row and this should get dismissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    Maybe a nice donation to the PBA might help you in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MIKE View Post
    1. Get your gas receipt - and note the time.
    2. Bring a map to court - taped to a poster board with the two locations circled and the time for each.
    3. Bring your copy of the citation.
    4. Call the prosecutor's office - and ask for your copy of the 'Discovery Evidence'.
    5. Basically build your case to prove that it was a case of mistaken identity -- similar red Mustangs, wrong Guy.
    6. Be polite and respectful.
    I have the gas receipt with the time stamp of 12:23 and I also have my cell records where I called my wife at 12:17 just after I pulled out of my driveway and the tower locations, also to prove I had my cell, or as best I can, I also had the cell company pull the tower information when I made the calls from the gun store after they already cited me.

Thanks so much for the information CAPTAIN MIKE, much appreciated. They just have the wrong mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Red Mustangs are a dime a dozen... Could be anybody. Anyway, get all of your ducks in a row and this should get dismissed.
    Yeah, especially red mustangs like mine. I know of 3 right off hand that are almost identical to mine.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

Don't forget the "witnesses" the police were interviewing at the gun store parking lot. Did they positively identify you or the car or neither? Apparently the police cannot, (without a plate on video) which in itself is odd, because in most states, fleeing and alluding is a felony, so positive ID could be an issue. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
    Don't forget the "witnesses" the police were interviewing at the gun store parking lot. Did they positively identify you or the car or neither? Apparently the police cannot, (without a plate on video) which in itself is odd, because in most states, fleeing and alluding is a felony, so positive ID could be an issue. Good luck.
    They couldn't have because I wasn't there....the cops didn't have a plate and especially not mine, if they thought they did they would have arrested me...they didn't have mine cause I was across town not involved.

Thanks man...I know the first SGT of this area and he is checking his officers burden of proof on this incident. It should be pretty clear they have the wrong mustang. I'm glad he is personally looking in to this for me and I expect it to get thrown out once he reviews everything but even so I'm going to go ahead and pull my case together.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

Rent and watch the movie "My Cousin Vinny" a few times before going to court. Maybe it was a different "Yoot" with the same make and model car!

Okay... a minivan with a racing stripe. VROOM!

I wish you the best of luck.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Quote Originally Posted by BBJ View Post
    Rent and watch the movie "My Cousin Vinny" a few times before going to court. Maybe it was a different "Yoot" with the same make and model car!
    Oh man, I've seen that so many times.....one of my favs! TWO MINT GREEN METALLIC 1964 BUICK SKYLARKS???

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Okay... a minivan with a racing stripe. VROOM!

I wish you the best of luck.
    Now that's better! Thanks man.

You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast