This happened to me on Wednesday... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: This happened to me on Wednesday...

Very Good... Thanks
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by mini.ben View Post
    EYE-CLAP-DENTICAL

It's awful you have to go to these lengths for an issue like this man... best of luck. Hopefully justice is working that day.
    Nice one, I forgot about that one!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

Right on, Dude!

Since I'm no lawyer, I assume that Nolle Prosse means something along the lines of "will not press charges"???
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Glad it worked out and you didn't have to go to court.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by PascalFleischman View Post
    Right on, Dude!

Since I'm no lawyer, I assume that Nolle Prosse means something along the lines of "will not press charges"???
    Yeah pretty much heres what some definitions will say...Latin for "will not pursue"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Glad it worked out and you didn't have to go to court.
    Thanks RH....huge relief for me.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon, 1942

WIKI---
    Nolle prosequi (/'nolːe pro'sekwi/ in Latin, commonly approximated /'noʊlei prə'sekwi/ in English) is a Latin legal phrase meaning "not to pursue." It is the term used in many common law criminal jurisdictions to describe a prosecutor's application to discontinue criminal charges before trial, or up until, but before verdict.

Nolle prossed legal definition of Nolle prossed. Nolle prossed synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

nolle prosequi (no-lay pro-say-kwee) n. Latin for "we shall no longer prosecute," which is a declaration made to the judge by a prosecutor in a criminal case (or by a plaintiff in a civil lawsuit) either before or during trial, meaning the case against the defendant is being dropped. The statement is an admission that the charges cannot be proved, that evidence has demonstrated either innocence or a fatal flaw in the prosecution's claim, or the district attorney has become convinced the accused is innocent. Understandably, usage of the phrase it is rare. In the 1947 courtroom movie, "Boomerang!" the climactic moment arrived when the District Attorney himself proved the accused person innocent and declared "nolle prosequi."
    Favorite recent Quote:"As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun and I've said it before and I'll say it again they have forfeited their right not to be shot," Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters

Dang. That Ford commercial brought a tear to my eye. First time that's ever happened over a commercial. Maybe the memories of having two Marine sons return from Iraq (three times!) has something to do with it. Yeah, that's it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

You don't have to be guilty of NOTHING in this great country of ours to be sent to prison. It happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by BBJ View Post
    Rent and watch the movie "My Cousin Vinny" a few times before going to court. Maybe it was a different "Yoot"
    One of my favorite movies. Being from Oklahoma instead of Brooklyn or the Bronx, when I first heard the quoted line, I thought he was saying "Utes", as in Native Americans.

In the subject case of this thread, the police must have found proof that this citation was a case of mistaken identity, probably when they chased the other guy a second time and caught him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234