What's your thoughts on this ??? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What's your thoughts on this ???

There are plenty of bad cops out there. No denying that. There are also plenty of good cops out there too that go above and beyound the call of duty. There was a story on one here in the area sometime back that gave of himself, both time and money to help the people on his beat. Unfortunately stories like those seldom make the national news because it is the sensational stories of the bad cops that that everyone wants to see. No matter what profession there are both good and evil people in it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

By the way here is one of my favorite police officers.

jackmclamb.com
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

There's and old saying that people sometimes use and justification for mruder, "He needed killing". Lots of times I agree with that but we just can't do that. There are times when a prisoner in a holding cell or someone that led oficers on a ten mile chase in a stolen car needs to be pistol whipped and good. However we can't do that. Sometimes officers just can't hold it back any longer and let it out on a prisoner or someone they just stopped, especially a smart aleck. I can't say that I blame them and that is one reason I could never be a LEO, I couldn't help it either.

But in the end we just can't do that.

5. Old Owl - - you say "I carry on for the sake of our children". Please, if you are, stop. My child doesn't need you to. Your posts on this topic are so one sided that it makes me sick. I hope that most of the people that see this thread realize that most of your posts deal with the minority of LEO's. But you seem to be infatuated with finding all the bad apples...... What do you do for a living (please post) and let me have a little time to drag up some trash on your profession. Or do you even work????? Let me know and please, quit doing this for the sake of our children. They don't need you!

The Dove

Quote Originally Posted by OldOwl View Post
    Really? I have so many certifications on my wall I can barely tell what color it is. I don't speak from the hip sir. When I say "I could write a book," I mean exactly that.

I have a few relatives who are cops, one in my town, one who is a big shot in the CT state police, and a few whom I "associate" with. Notice I didn't say "Friends." But I have documented proof, over and over, of cops taking a bad situation and making it worse for their own personal gain.

You can't deny cops stick together. They have to. Nobody else trusts them. Like the old George Carlin skit on the FBI. "Look around the room at your friends. They're not REALLY your friends... are they."
    For every bad cop story you can tell, I can tell at least 100 bad citizen stories. Sure some are not honest. They are weeded out, not as fast as you would like, but they don't last. And everybody on the force knows who they are are stays away from them.
    Republican Party has been taken over by the Four Horsemen of Calumny,
    Fear, Ignorance, Bigotry and Smear.

7. NEVER stand on your rights when dealing with cops: they can ALWAYS just deny your story, and it'll be your word against theirs. I have enough experience with the law, to know that "rights" are a fool's paradise: you have the "right" to walk down gang-territory at 3AM with a million dollars in each hand too.
    People are so naive about the honesty of government, they believe we live in a democracy.

OldOwl, It is clear to see that you have a bias. We all have a bias or two about one thing or another. I find it objectionable what that officer did. I also know that sometimes what you see on tape, is not the whole story. If he was wrong, then let him face the music.

I am a Houston Police Officer of twenty seven plus years, still putting the bad guys in jail. I have seen people abuse their authority, but I have seen more officers take more abuse than they had to. I have also seen some good friends give their lives. To paint all with such a broad brush is to do, not them, but you a disservice. You see, I don't believe you are so easily fooled as to believe that your experiences are what everybody sees.

Not every one wearing a badge, is deserving of that badge. It is something we work to earn everyday. I work with over 4800 of the finest men and women on the planet. Yes, anytime you have people in the mix somebody can lose it. I have been shot at three times, been in one up-close and personal shootout. I have had people try to run over me, I have been in knock down drag out fights with no help in sight. I have worked undercover, been locked inside a crack house and my wire found.

In spite of all that, I have never lost control, giving glory to God. Yes I have used force to effect arrest, but no more than was needed. I did not beat the crap out of a child molester that I arrested. I wanted to, and I could have gotten away with it, but if we are all the same, why didn't I?

None of that makes me special, because the guys and gals I work with put up with that and whole lot more on a day to day basis. Being a cop is like anything else, it is a job. I am not special because of it. I don't care if I am liked or not. I have a job to do, thats all.

I would like to extend my hand in friendship, and maybe foster a greater understanding, if you will accept it. Other than that, we can agree to disagree. After all, it would seem that we already have a great deal in common, we believe in the second amendment.

Scott Williams
    Black Dragon Personal Protection/Firearms Training/Unarmed Combat
    Last edited by blkdragon; 08-25-2009 at 08:18 PM. Reason: misspelled wording

I think what a lot of it boils down to is that because there is so little accountability, even the law-abiding like myself don't respect and appreciate LEOs; we fear them.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    I think what a lot of it boils down to is that because there is so little accountability, even the law-abiding like myself don't respect and appreciate LEOs; we fear them.
    The point here, is power without accountability: i.e. those who have more power than a private citizen, but get less oversight and deterrence than a private citizen. When oversight and deterrence are less than power, then that causes an inevitable ABUSE of power, since it's basically corrupt.

This is merely a symptom, however, of an overall corrupt state, in which people have been intimidated into trading their neighbor's liberty, for a false sense of their own security.

11. Quote Originally Posted by 2beararms View Post
    His career will never survive that video.
    That's what they said about Damien Williams.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast