LEO Uses a Taser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LEO Uses a Taser

LEO Uses a Taser

So, how's this for a LEO encounter? What do you think, was his use of the tazer legit? I think he had a great deal of patience for sure.

LiveLeak.com - New Video:Trooper uses taser on uncooperative woman
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

3. She needed that LOL................

Quote Originally Posted by newindy05 View Post
    She needed that LOL................
    Yep,LOL, she sure did! Every time she opened her mouth I probably would have pulled the trigger on the stun gun. He sure had more patience that I would have had...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

wolfhunter Guest
    The alternative would have been physically taking her down, and that would put the officer at risk of injury. He did the right thing and used more patience than I typically use.

I personally think that tasers should not be used by police, or anyone for that matter. The fact that they are thought of as a 'less than lethal' weapon, yet have killed thousands of people. The user has it in thier mind that the taser is non-lethal, so will use it as such. Fact is, human bodies are not designed to take that kind of electrical shock, and occasionally people die from a taser.
    That woman obviously needed some "persuasion" to put her hands behind her back, and I believe the officer had the right to use a non-lethal weapon. But I personally hate tasers, and I would have probably pepper sprayed her, or called for back-up and used physical force.
    (Cop did the right thing, but it's the system's flaw for issuing him the taser, and making it an acceptable weapon.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

7. Regarding the taser stats, just about all departments who have deployed taser technology have reported at least a 50% reduction in officer and suspect injuries. Most of those were not directly attributed to the Taser but stated that the Taser could have been a contributing factor. Heart attack is usually the official cause of death. Someone on drugs will have a lower tolerance to the electric shock.

Now consider the thousands of people who were taken down by the Taser and walked away in cuffs who would probably have been shot and killed. This video is a perfect example of how the Taser helps reduce injury to both parties. Without the Taser this cop would have had to wrestle this woman to the ground probably injuring her and possibly himself. It almost looks as though she was resisting in hopes of getting beat up so she could sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I personally think that tasers should not be used by police, or anyone for that matter. The fact that they are thought of as a 'less than lethal' weapon, yet have killed thousands of people.

I've heard of some rare taser deaths, but not "thousands". Do you have any proof of this? I think the police sometimes use the taser too freely or not when warranted, but I am glad it's an option.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

9. I think the real numbers are less than 200, but I can't remember where I got it from. We are state certified to carry and use Tasers so it could have come from the Taser certification class. One problem can be that the Taser can act like a defibrillator if the electrodes connect in such a manner as to send electricity across the sinoatrial node of the heart. If that happens it can have the same effect as a defibrillator and stop the heart. The difference is that the defibrillator is more controlled. It stops an abnormal heartbeat and jumps starts it into normal rhythm. The Taser would just stop the heart. In those cases, CPR or the use of an AED probably would have saved the suspect.

I think the use of the Taser is far less risky than the use of a gun. If I had to be shot, I'd rather it be with a Taser.

We all want law and order....except to us. Not fallowing the lawful ORDER of a LEO is against the law. Somewhere in this poor ignorant womens life she got the idea that she was empowered and above the law. I love tasers and I will taser someone over getting into a physical altercation where I may get hurt every time.

LEO was very justified in use of taser. She was in a passive state of not wanting to be arrested and the time had come to make the arrest. Had he layed hands on her she would have stuck back at him or ran away from him or into her vehicle. She was not complying with his order so he was very justified. He could have maced her,too. But then you have to decontaminate your suspect and you usually get some of it on you.
    Rule #1 of CCW: Don't get made.

You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast