Child Custody Issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Child Custody Issue

Quote Originally Posted by putmanphoto View Post
    I believe that the courts should take these "wolf cries" seriously... she is obviously abusing the system, just so that you can not get the time you were awarded with your son... which is also sad, that you have to be awarded this "extra" time with your son. For some reason, the system is failing, the good people, the ones that are trying to do everything right....
    I will keep you in my prayers, that all of this works out....

thank you so much
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Last edited by chroode; 04-14-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Added Content

i will definitely keep you guys up to date on how the law suit against the sheriff department goes

Sue. If possible get an attorney that practices both family and civil law. I would also let the department's internal affairs know you're taking this matter to civil court via your attorney. Perhaps they may write you a check to resolve the issue out of court. In Nevada we have something called oppression under the color of office which is a felony. Perhaps a similar statute exists in GA.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    Sue. If possible get an attorney that practices both family and civil law. I would also let the department's internal affairs know you're taking this matter to civil court via your attorney. Perhaps they may write you a check to resolve the issue out of court. In Nevada we have something called oppression under the color of office which is a felony. Perhaps a similar statute exists in GA.
    im not out to get rich or to see the deputy thrown in jail.. i just want a judge ruling letting them know they crossed the line

Quote Originally Posted by putmanphoto View Post
    I believe that the courts should take these "wolf cries" seriously... she is obviously abusing the system, just so that you can not get the time you were awarded with your son... which is also sad, that you have to be awarded this "extra" time with your son. For some reason, the system is failing, the good people, the ones that are trying to do everything right....
    I will keep you in my prayers, that all of this works out....
    no kidding.. I'd be going after the D'bag too! that is unacceptable!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Don't be so nice

Quote Originally Posted by wildcathunter View Post
    im not out to get rich or to see the deputy thrown in jail.. i just want a judge ruling letting them know they crossed the line
    You're a lot more forgiving than I would be. I really despise people who LIE and abuse their authority. I wouldn't seek financial compensation except for legal fees, but I would definitely want the deputy and sheriff's office to feel (not just know) you're not a push over, suspension, fines or leave w/o pay. I might even take the judgment to the town council or city manager/major. Maybe they and others will think twice before taking sides.

Arrow Help us out, Wildcat!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcathunter View Post
    For our sake, please help the rest of us out. If you let these guys squeak by with little resistance, they will do it again. You need to punish them so that they think twice about doing this to anyone else. The only thing that they fear and respect is a financial beat down. If you feel really guilty about the money received, just donate to the NRA or the GOA. Of course, with cash in hand, you might decide a college fund would be a smart investment.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I totally agree Fathers have no rights ! My ex is trying right now to have me arrested for being behind in child support and I have my receipts but child support recovery says if she doesn't agree that she received the payments then my receipts don't mean Squat! and she also tries to threaten me with the police if I am late bringing my daughter back from my visitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger984 View Post
    I totally agree Fathers have no rights ! My ex is trying right now to have me arrested for being behind in child support and I have my receipts but child support recovery says if she doesn't agree that she received the payments then my receipts don't mean Squat! and she also tries to threaten me with the police if I am late bringing my daughter back from my visitation.

i feel ya brother... don't give her cash or checks get money orders and keep the receipts.. that crap about receipts don't mean anything is bull. your responsibility is to make sure she gets it. send it priority mail return receipt requested. if she dosent cash it it is her problem. And they cant do anything to you without a judge. and i highly doubt a judge will say your receipts don't mean anything. and one more thing man. if the court papers say you have to have your child back at a certain time then do it. i know it hurts but its a court order and if you are late you can be found in contempt. don't give her any ammo against you. do the right thing and go by the papers. then when it comes time to fight let her make herself look like the @$$
    Last edited by wildcathunter; 04-23-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: wanted to add one more thing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast