Child Custody Issue - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Child Custody Issue

If you can, have the Child Support Enforcement Bureau in your state, set up an account and send the money to them. Let the Bureau garnish your check, or set up an allotment. This will prove to the state you are making payments and keep them from coming after you.

My ex is trying everything she can to have me arrested for my arrears. I spoke with the head guy for the state and he said as long as they know where I am working, and I am making a good faith payment (they garnish 60% of my pay) there is nothing anyone will do to put me in jail.

I understand what you guys are going through because my husband and I have gone through much of the same with his X. I really hate how men are treated in these cases. It really sucks because it is really the kids that suffer at the hands of the greedy and inconsiderate wenches that play these games. My step-son is a great kid and it kills me to see him being tortured by HER. He is already showing signs of resentment towards her, but it's her own fault and I don't feel sorry for her at all. Sorry I guess I'm ranting a little because we just went through a bit of a cluster flub with her.
    Has a side note not all of us women are the typical X from h***

wildcathunter keep strong and we will keep you and your son in our prayers.

I was divorced in 1988 and my son was 8 years old at the time. I moved from Oklahoma to Missouri and the divorce decree stated that my son was to fly to Missouri every two weeks (my expense) to see me. After two trips my ex stopped sending my son to see me. Her excuse was that it was to much trouble and time to drive him 45 miles to the airport. I took her to court and the response I got from the court was as follows.

It does not state that she is required to take him to the airport.

So for eight years I drove round trip from St. Louis to the Tulsa area every other weekend. I would get off work at 2200 and head to Oklahoma and pick him up at 0800 Saturday morning. Then drop him of at 1800 Sunday night and head back to St. Louis.

He got his first car on his 16th birthday and started driving himself to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    I was divorced in 1988 and my son was 8 years old at the time. I moved from Oklahoma to Missouri and the divorce decree stated that my son was to fly to Missouri every two weeks (my expense) to see me. After two trips my ex stopped sending my son to see me. Her excuse was that it was to much trouble and time to drive him 45 miles to the airport. I took her to court and the response I got from the court was as follows.

So for eight years I drove round trip from St. Louis to the Tulsa area every other weekend. I would get off work at 2200 and head to Oklahoma and pick him up at 0800 Saturday morning. Then drop him of at 1800 Sunday night and head back to St. Louis.

He got his first car on his 16th birthday and started driving himself to the airport.

dang man i feel ya... i use to live in tulsa and had to make the trip to st. louis regularly.. not an easy poke. but my question is if she lived in the tulsa area i mean they have a top rate airport and has daily if not hourly commutes to st. louis. i know because the airline i worked for had several a day.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Red face Adopt me?

Reading a post like yours makes me believe in fathers. Let me just say that my father, though he knew of my existence, never made any effort to contact me.

I hope that I will be able to emulate your determination if/when I have a child. Good on you and good for your son. I am sure that he is much better for it.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Vegas View Post
    I'd sue the smack out of them. Buy your kid somethin nice...they have the money. As far as why he would have done this? The only motive I could conclude if it were me is that he was trying to hump your EX...sorry to be blunt but why the hell else would he put his job on the line??

Make an example out of him because I went through a similar issue and the officer ALWAYS took her side! Fathers have no rights if you ask me!!

Sorry to bother you,but I love your video of the dog leaping over the car,and taking out the bad guy,shooting at the cops.Amazing !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by spf159753 View Post
    Sorry to bother you,but I love your video of the dog leaping over the car,and taking out the bad guy,shooting at the cops.Amazing !!!!!!
    Me Too - that is hilarious.... sorry to hijack the thread - but it cracks me up everytime

Quote Originally Posted by wildcathunter View Post
    dang man i feel ya... i use to live in tulsa and had to make the trip to st. louis regularly.. not an easy poke. but my question is if she lived in the tulsa area i mean they have a top rate airport and has daily if not hourly commutes to st. louis. i know because the airline i worked for had several a day.
    She actually lived in Tahlequah, so it was a little bit of a drive that she did not want to make. My on is now 29 years old and is getting married on May 9th.

She actually lived in Tahlequah, so it was a little bit of a drive that she did not want to make. My on is now 29 years old and is getting married on May 9th.
    well congratulations to your son... hopefully he will never have to deal with the troubles we have. i will be back in Tulsa come football season. my Alma mater Oklahoma state is playing Georgia bulldogs. Been a life long dog fan so its gonna be interesting.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

At least you got to see your kid. My ex-wife is a strong practicioner of "Parental Alienation" and I can't get the court to do anything about it. Unless of course I can pay thousands of dollars to a lawyer. And seeing the courts have made sure I stay flat broke, that ain't going to happen.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast